Is there a work around if third party VST parameters can't be automated?

Discuss VST stuff here!
tiptoptoad

02 Dec 2022

Hey all, I'm trying to get ANA2 working in Reason. It seems you can't use the 'Automate+' button at the top of the vst UI. When I press that button and then click a dial on ANA nothing happens.

So if I go into a midi clip and go to the 'note lane performance parameter' list I can create lanes and automate things from there, so it does work, however a lot of the most important parameters are missing from the list.

Can anything be done to control these missing parameters, or is ANA2 simply incompatible with Reason?

many thanks

huggermugger

02 Dec 2022

I downloaded the demo. The Automate+ button creates lanes for almost every parameter I click. The only ones I've run into that don't are the EQ and Macros, and I suppose there are others. But the list of possible automation destinations is really long!

In any case, you can also use Remote and automate from a controller on your keyboard.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 5.17.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 5.17.04 PM.png (817.86 KiB) Viewed 529 times

tiptoptoad

02 Dec 2022

huggermugger wrote:
02 Dec 2022
I downloaded the demo. The Automate+ button creates lanes for almost every parameter I click. The only ones I've run into that don't are the EQ and Macros, and I suppose there are others. But the list of possible automation destinations is really long!

In any case, you can also use Remote and automate from a controller on your keyboard.
Thanks a lot that's really useful. So I've mapped a dial from my mpkmini2 to the delay wet/dry, and another to macro 1. Both are responding and I can perform the changes I want as the track plays.

My issue now is how do I record that data into a lane? Any help would be greatly appreciated

tallguy

03 Dec 2022

Put the VST inside a Combinator. You will be able to access those parameters now.

For some legacy code reasons, Reason has an upper limit to how many parameters it can access, unless you use a Combinator

tiptoptoad

03 Dec 2022

tallguy wrote:
03 Dec 2022
Put the VST inside a Combinator. You will be able to access those parameters now.

For some legacy code reasons, Reason has an upper limit to how many parameters it can access, unless you use a Combinator
Thank you so much, hero!

dezma

07 Dec 2022

Yes, with avenger it's the same. Use combinator.

I have reported this bug on 17/08/2017. Kind of sad

• Information