ReFX released Vanguard 2

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

25 Nov 2022

Maybe some of you know Vanguard. Back in the time it was a legendary synth. With a press of a key you got instant super saw type joy with arpeggiator and trance gate.

Now we have a remade V2.
https://refx.com/vanguard/
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

26 Nov 2022

You had me at supersaw lol. Looks like they only have a "complete" version. I wonder if there will be a version to buy that is just the plugin...

Micha1973

26 Nov 2022

i take a look - old days diary
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

Loque

28 Nov 2022

Wow. Looks like reFX made the next step to get a ripp off award after their laughable v4 release and high update price...

After complains about the high price of Vanguard they decided to raise it even higher to better drive the sale and discount ship... Within less than 1 week the price went up from 99 to 149 making the intro sale price more attractive, but in fact they raised the price about 50%. Yea, clearly ripp off

And the current sale price is 79...Hmmm... What can I get which is near this price?
* Reason update for 99 or less
* Phase Plant for 99
* Rapid fire 90
* Thorn often around 30
* F'em for 30
* Vital for free
* And many more options for clearly lower price than 79 or slightly more for flash ship synths...

So, yea, the price for a super saw synth might be a bit high....
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2022

Loque wrote:
28 Nov 2022
Wow. Looks like reFX made the next step to get a ripp off award after their laughable v4 release and high update price...

After complains about the high price of Vanguard they decided to raise it even higher to better drive the sale and discount ship... Within less than 1 week the price went up from 99 to 149 making the intro sale price more attractive, but in fact they raised the price about 50%. Yea, clearly ripp off

And the current sale price is 79...Hmmm... What can I get which is near this price?
* Reason update for 99 or less
* Phase Plant for 99
* Rapid fire 90
* Thorn often around 30
* F'em for 30
* Vital for free
* And many more options for clearly lower price than 79 or slightly more for flash ship synths...

So, yea, the price for a super saw synth might be a bit high....
How embarrassingly shady. I used to like OG Vanguard as my friend owned it so had some interest in this but its quite expensive at £80 let alone the new fabricated price of £149.

If there had been a demo I would have tried it but this price change is in bad taste. Do they think there potential customers would not notice :?

DaveyG

29 Nov 2022

I seem to recall the same company pissed off more than a few Nexus 3 customers a while back with an overpriced and underchanged Nexus 4 upgrade.

• Information