Free UVI Prime8+ RD808

Discuss VST stuff here!
moalla

05 Nov 2022

Just downloaded it this morning, amazing sound quality with four superb effects per voice, nice freebie :thumbs_up:
FREE with coupon code FREEP8
https://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-synth/prime-8-plus.html

It´s a much more simple device than d16 drumazon, only six patterns per loaded preset, it offers also pattern drag and drop to the sequencer.
It also gives you the possibility to play polyrythms when sequencer notes and pattern are played together,
the UVI workstation host is also equiped with a arpeggiator to play some drum rolls for example with prime.

There are also a big pallette of effects and a multioutput function what routes the complete sound to a master effect chain.
The only bugs i found now, is that if you create Part 2 in Prime8 it receives no incoming notes from sequencer, no sound,
also it´s a little bit weird with the syncronity functions at the upper right of the control panel.
CPU Usage is about 6% at my 2015 i7 4710mq laptop

Together used with Drumazon it´s a really nice easy to control plugin with a independet sound,
especial when you like to play with drumvoice/tuning with only 4 knobs, to get the right dance mojo out of it in live situations,

So my favourite drummachines outside reason are:
1. Arturia Spark 2.5
2. Uvi Prime8+
3. Drumazon
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Jackjackdaw

05 Nov 2022

Thanks for the heads up. UVI stuff sounds great.

Steedus
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2022

Cheers 👍

joeyluck

05 Nov 2022

Thanks for the heads up!

I like that C3 - C4 not only selects the individual patterns, but triggers the Start momentarily, so you can trigger patterns on the fly. It's a very simple, but useful feature.

It makes me wish that Redrum had this feature. Maybe it can be done with Remote in some way? But just having this behavior assigned to an octave or so of keys is a great performance tool.

Marc64

05 Nov 2022

Pretty good sound but Spark2 is my favourite.

Ayrelok

05 Nov 2022

Now that's a freebie. I already have it but it's top notch. UVI are sound peeps. I even asked for a hoodie once and they sent me one lol

Edit: Remember if you get Falcon it turns this up to 11 in features.

PropitiousME

05 Nov 2022

Nice, thanks for sharing!

Jackjackdaw

05 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote:
05 Nov 2022
Thanks for the heads up!

I like that C3 - C4 not only selects the individual patterns, but triggers the Start momentarily, so you can trigger patterns on the fly. It's a very simple, but useful feature.

It makes me wish that Redrum had this feature. Maybe it can be done with Remote in some way? But just having this behavior assigned to an octave or so of keys is a great performance tool.
Yeah it’s a cool way to jam stuff out and chop up the preset grooves on the fly to make something fresh. The new combinator let’s you assign player patterns to keys. You can set up Drum Sequencer to do it in a combi.

I’m guessing you could do it with Lectric Panda mDSQ as well if you wanted to keep the XOX programming style of Redrum

• Information