iZotope - Discontinuing Products

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

30 Oct 2022

-008' wrote:
30 Oct 2022
joeyluck wrote:
29 Oct 2022
I wouldn't be surprised if they axed Vocal Synth next.
I would say you are quite right being that VocalSynth 2 currently on sale for $39 from $200. Don't get me wrong plenty of great companies have plenty great sales... but when iZotope does it expect the worst. :thumbup: The worst part is they know precisely what they are doing, squeezing every last dime out of stuff before they pull the plug. For me, that is the particularly dishonest/evil part. (for lack of better term)

Plugin not selling? Probably because its either: garbage, overpriced or not useful. So should we update, fix and improve on it, for all of those great early adopters that support us? Nah! Bargain basement sale to rope in the last few suckers' bucks before we scrap it.

The fanboys bought it day one. The patient waited for a reasonable sale and grabbed it. Others still are gradually roped into their bigger subscription, based on inclusions like VS2 itself! But in the very near future, ALL are left high and dry.

If you KNOW full well you're scrapping a product - how would you maximize for profits, and sell it to the remaining people - like haters, waiters and all the non-fanboys? 80% discount, that's how! They just suck. Their behavior is that of a sociopath. I don't know any other way to say it.
Yeah it sucks, but I have had great experiences with them. They are always fast to answer support questions and even gave me an extra discount on the Everything bundle. I also don't know the backstory to every product. Maybe like Reason Studios, some products were licensed or had a particular arrangement. BreakTweaker and Stutter Edit for example were collaborations with BT. Although I guess Stutter Edit isn't discontinued (yet)?

For me, RX Advanced is really all I care about. As long as they don't discontinue that, which I doubt they ever would. Everything else from special effects to reverbs, etc. are things I enjoy using, but like most plugins from any dev, I don't have but so many "goto plugins" (particularly in the creative category) that I use on everything. Most of the time it's an adventure and I enjoy changing things up or just having a play with something new.

I think for many customers now, plugins are the new presets. Maybe a little related to GAS, but we consume plugins now just to have something different to throw at a project and something new to explore. I'm curious to see where iZotope goes. I hope this just means that RX and Ozone, etc. just continue to get better and better.

-008'

30 Oct 2022

joeyluck wrote:
30 Oct 2022
Yeah it sucks, but I have had great experiences with them. They are always fast to answer support questions and even gave me an extra discount on the Everything bundle. I also don't know the backstory to every product. Maybe like Reason Studios, some products were licensed or had a particular arrangement. BreakTweaker and Stutter Edit for example were collaborations with BT. Although I guess Stutter Edit isn't discontinued (yet)?

For me, RX Advanced is really all I care about. As long as they don't discontinue that, which I doubt they ever would. Everything else from special effects to reverbs, etc. are things I enjoy using, but like most plugins from any dev, I don't have but so many "goto plugins" (particularly in the creative category) that I use on everything. Most of the time it's an adventure and I enjoy changing things up or just having a play with something new.

I think for many customers now, plugins are the new presets. Maybe a little related to GAS, but we consume plugins now just to have something different to throw at a project and something new to explore. I'm curious to see where iZotope goes. I hope this just means that RX and Ozone, etc. just continue to get better and better.
To be fair, you had great experiences with the hired help, not any of the owners or the decision makers! ;)

I agree with your last statement, and i was also hoping that was the direction they go. Ozone and RX are the bread and butter, so just stick to that...make it make sense to users and make it make cents for the accountants, and everyone wins.

Our GAS sustains these companies like iZotope. It isn't a few famous, rich people that are their customers ..but rather innumerable, starving artists.

We are approaching a future where the only BFCM sales we're gonna get will be like: "Hate us? Sick of the bs? 20% off on all subscription cancellations!"
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

integerpoet

30 Oct 2022

-008' wrote:
30 Oct 2022
I would say you are quite right being that VocalSynth 2 currently on sale for $39 from $200. Don't get me wrong plenty of great companies have plenty great sales... but when iZotope does it expect the worst. :thumbup: The worst part is they know precisely what they are doing, squeezing every last dime out of stuff before they pull the plug. For me, that is the particularly dishonest/evil part. (for lack of better term)

Plugin not selling? Probably because its either: garbage, overpriced or not useful. So should we update, fix and improve on it, for all of those great early adopters that support us? Nah! Bargain basement sale to rope in the last few suckers' bucks before we scrap it.

The fanboys bought it day one. The patient waited for a reasonable sale and grabbed it. Others still are gradually roped into their bigger subscription, based on inclusions like VS2 itself! But in the very near future, ALL are left high and dry.

If you KNOW full well you're scrapping a product - how would you maximize for profits, and sell it to the remaining people - like haters, waiters and all the non-fanboys? 80% discount, that's how! They just suck. Their behavior is that of a sociopath. I don't know any other way to say it.
An understanding of why and how some people imagine moral and emotional connections to software developers continues to elude me.

-008'

30 Oct 2022

integerpoet wrote:
30 Oct 2022

An understanding of why and how some people imagine moral and emotional connections to software developers continues to elude me.
Yeah it's weird right? especially since "software developers" are barely human anyway. :D
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

kitekrazy

01 Nov 2022

DaveyG wrote:
27 Oct 2022
Not surprised they are dropping Iris and Break Tweaker but I am surprised about Trash 2. I guess there are many, many competing distortions plugins these days and iZotope seem to be heading down the evil road to "subscribe to our entire suite" type offerings.
So many releases of competing software since these came out. I got these in one of their suites and never really went far with them. I do believe Izotope was available as a sub for quite some time.

I'm waiting for developers to start the no sub necessary marketing strategy.

joeyluck

01 Nov 2022

kitekrazy wrote:
01 Nov 2022
I'm waiting for developers to start the no sub necessary marketing strategy.
Lol yeah it will be the new thing.

It's like mobile phones. I'm certain there are more people like me that appreciate smaller phones. The trend for years now has been bigger and bigger phones and they continue to get bigger. There was once a time when we marveled at how small phones could get. There are some cheaper brand options out there like unihertz, but the "big players" seem too anxious to break the trend of big phones...well until one of them says, "Here's something very different!" Anyways I'm getting off topic :D

demt

03 Nov 2022

sirprised breaktweeker isnt more popular
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information