iZotope - Discontinuing Products

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2022

Regarding Exponential Audio products:
Dear Customers,

We're writing with an update on the Exponential Audio line of products.

After assessing the full line of products available, we have confirmed that the Stratus and Symphony reverbs are the pinnacle of Exponential Audio's development. To show our commitment to them, we have just updated them with a new UI as well as native M1 support.

While we will continue supporting Stratus and Symphony, we have made the decision to discontinue selling R2, R4, R2 Surround, PhoenixVerb, PhoenixVerb Surround, NIMBUS, and Excalibur. Support for these products will remain in effect for 12 months from your date of purchase.

The good news is that Stratus and Symphony can open presets from the other reverbs (except Excalibur). PhoenixVerb, PhoenixVerb Surround, and Nimbus presets can be opened in Stratus. R2, R2 Surround, and R4 presets will work with Symphony. Find all info on preset migration here.

If I own one of these products, can I still use it?

Yes. Your product will not be deactivated or change from its current state.

Will I still get maintenance updates?

If you have purchased these products through iZotope.com within the last 12 months, we will continue to provide you with technical support and updates to address critical issues that arise for up to 12 months from your purchase date. The support period for these products will end on October 27, 2023 for all users. We will not actively test compatibility of these products on new operating systems or host application versions after October 27, 2022, and the current system specifications for these products will not change. For a list of the product system requirements go here.

Why are you discontinuing these products?

iZotope is continually developing new products, services, and solutions to enable and innovate on journeys in audio production. We occasionally need to retire older products in order to focus our resources and development efforts on building new, innovative products and features.

Will I still be able to download the product from your website?

Yes. You can still download, install, and authorize these products. Installers can be downloaded using Product Portal or our Legacy Downloads page. Your purchased serial numbers will continue to authorize these products. You can find your serial numbers in the Purchase History section of your Account page, or use Product Portal to install and authorize them when you are logged into your account.

We sincerely appreciate your support and regret any inconvenience this action may cause you.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team.

—Your team at iZotope
Regarding Iris, BreakTweaker and Trash 2:
Dear Customers,

We’re writing to let you know that iZotope products Iris 2, BreakTweaker, and Trash 2 will no longer be available for purchase from iZotope.com. Support for these products will remain in effect for 12 months from your date of purchase.

If I own one of these products, can I still use it?

Yes. Your product will not be deactivated or change from its current state.

Will I still get maintenance updates?

If you have purchased these products through iZotope.com within the last 12 months, we will continue to provide you with technical support and updates to address critical issues that arise for up to 12 months from your purchase date. The support period for these products will end on October 27, 2023 for all users. We will not actively test compatibility of these products on new operating systems or host application versions after October 27, 2022, and the current system specifications for these products will not change. For a list of the product system requirements go here.

Why are you discontinuing these products?

iZotope is continually developing new products, services, and solutions to enable and innovate on journeys in audio production. We occasionally need to retire older products in order to focus our resources and development efforts on building new, innovative products and features.

Will I still be able to download the product from your website?

Yes. You can still download, install, and authorize these products. Installers can be downloaded using Product Portal or our Legacy Downloads page. Your purchased serial numbers will continue to authorize these products. You can find your serial numbers in the Purchase History section of your Account page, or use Product Portal to install and authorize them when you are logged into your account.

We sincerely appreciate your support and regret any inconvenience this action may cause you.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team.

—Your team at iZotope

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2022

Oh well. What will Plugin Boutique give away for free with every purchase now I ask you.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

26 Oct 2022

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like Symphony and Stratus were updated in September? I missed that. I own everything and Symphony really is awesome, so I'm glad to see that and Stratus will continue to be supported. Was hoping they would be updating all of the Exponential plugins, but at least they aren't discontinuing them all.

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 2.20.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 2.20.53 PM.png (123.17 KiB) Viewed 3029 times

It seems Exponential Audio plugins still aren't accessed from iZotope Product Portal? Which is the reason I missed the updates in September. I was sure that was going to be something they addressed with the updates... Unless I'm missing something?

Rompla

26 Oct 2022

F**k em
Always hated the portal
Like beat tweaker and trash now they joined NI they feel they can discard users hopefully people remember this
Surely there must be an EU law to say when you purchase something that it will be valid for a period of time ?
No doubt in there T&C’s there is a disclaimer ?
People should vote with there feet would recommend Sonic Charge - excellent customer service on Microtonic I would also say the company behind Circle 2 -FAW I think brilliant customer service
Maybe a poll or at least a public outing of the good company’s v the bad when it comes to continued support for a product
Just saying

dvdrtldg

26 Oct 2022

Discontinuing Trash2 seems crazy. One of the best & apparently most popular plugins of them all

-008'

26 Oct 2022

Got this email today. :| I had just mentioned their tendency toward abandonware in Enoch's iZotope thread a few days ago. disappointing.
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

joeyluck

26 Oct 2022

What are the chances that Iris 2 could become a GForce product? They helped make it. I feel like it's one of the coolest and most unique synths that really never got the attention it deserves because iZotope was never able to promote it well enough, probably because of trying to manage too many products.

On that note, while it sucks to see products discontinued, we know that these few products haven't gotten attention in a very long time. I just wish companies like this would pass them on or sell them to another dev.

Reason already has winners with Scream4 and Pulveriser, but would be cool if Reason could buy Trash 2 and make it a RE.
One company's Trash 2 is another company's Trash 3? :D

arnigretar

26 Oct 2022

Iris got into some tracks. Fine synth. My only product from them -- and haven't used it for some time now. But it will be on my computer, so nothing to worry about. Still have it on one of my windows machine running windows 7. So it will remain alive there. Just sleeping now :)
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2022

Rompla wrote:
26 Oct 2022
F**k em
Always hated the portal
Like beat tweaker and trash now they joined NI they feel they can discard users hopefully people remember this
Surely there must be an EU law to say when you purchase something that it will be valid for a period of time ?
People should vote with there feet would recommend Sonic Charge - excellent customer service on Microtonic I would also say the company behind Circle 2 -FAW I think brilliant customer service
Maybe a poll or at least a public outing of the good company’s v the bad when it comes to continued support for a product
Just saying
What is it you want them to do exactly?They’re old products and probably about as stable as they can get. They’ve updated them to work with the latest OSs. You can still download them and use them. I am genuinely interested in hearing what the problem is because personally I don’t see any major impact anywhere.
Edit: As far as customer service is concerned I’ve always received quick response and found them to be very helpful. Maybe you have had a different experience.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdGrip

27 Oct 2022

MrFigg wrote:
27 Oct 2022
Rompla wrote:
26 Oct 2022
F**k em
Always hated the portal
Just saying
What is it you want them to do exactly?They’re old products and probably about as stable as they can get. They’ve updated them to work with the latest OSs. You can still download them and use them. I am genuinely interested in hearing what the problem is because personally I don’t see any major impact anywhere.
Edit: As far as customer service is concerned I’ve always received quick response and found them to be very helpful. Maybe you have had a different experience.
The problem is that any OS update coming down the pike could brick these plugins we enjoy and bought.

We speculated at the time Izotope were just buying Exponential for their reverb algorithms, to put into future Izotope plugins (I guess Stratus and Symphony are those plugins?)
That's fine, but in that case it's not really cool to keep selling the plugins separately, as-is, after you've bought the company, only to end support a few months later.

The more of this fuckery I see the less inclined I am to spend money with massive plugin companies like NI and Izotope.

Loque

27 Oct 2022

EdGrip wrote:
27 Oct 2022
The more of this fuckery I see the less inclined I am to spend money with massive plugin companies like NI and Izotope.
This.

I try to follow this advice everywhere, like
* I dont get updates for my cell phone after 1 year? F**** you, there are others and i never buy anything from you!
* Pants tear after 2 weeks? Ok, never again!
* Shoes broken after just 1 year? Lol, never again this company!
* You wont fix that bug in the software? Ok, last one i bought from you!

And before someone asks...yes, RS is walking a thin line...But at least my RE are all still working, even the company is out of business.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2022

Loque wrote:
27 Oct 2022
EdGrip wrote:
27 Oct 2022
This.

I try to follow this advice everywhere, like
* I dont get updates for my cell phone after 1 year? F**** you, there are others and i never buy anything from you!
* Pants tear after 2 weeks? Ok, never again!
* Shoes broken after just 1 year? Lol, never again this company!
* You wont fix that bug in the software? Ok, last one i bought from you!

And before someone asks...yes, RS is walking a thin line...But at least my RE are all still working, even the company is out of business.
One word. Balance.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jackjackdaw

27 Oct 2022

I would vouch for PSP Audioware for consistency. I bought Vintage Warmer maybe 20 years ago. Still supported today. Quality plugs too.

DaveyG

27 Oct 2022

Not surprised they are dropping Iris and Break Tweaker but I am surprised about Trash 2. I guess there are many, many competing distortions plugins these days and iZotope seem to be heading down the evil road to "subscribe to our entire suite" type offerings.

platzangst

27 Oct 2022

I would speculate that dropping something like Trash 2 is either a sign that they're going to focus on their mastering line to the exclusion of creative effects, or they're developing something to replace them. Remember that Iris and BreakTweaker were both also at version 2. Maybe it's time for version 3, or maybe entirely new plugins to fit in those niches.

jam-s

27 Oct 2022

EdGrip wrote:
27 Oct 2022

The problem is that any OS update coming down the pike could brick these plugins we enjoy and bought.

We speculated at the time Izotope were just buying Exponential for their reverb algorithms, to put into future Izotope plugins (I guess Stratus and Symphony are those plugins?)
That's fine, but in that case it's not really cool to keep selling the plugins separately, as-is, after you've bought the company, only to end support a few months later.

To be fair they sold them at very deep discounts (even though the USP for those were totally off scale). And I guess one could always use some kind of bridge to get them back up and running unless iLok throws a brick at you.

jam-s

27 Oct 2022

platzangst wrote:
27 Oct 2022
I would speculate that dropping something like Trash 2 is either a sign that they're going to focus on their mastering line to the exclusion of creative effects, or they're developing something to replace them. Remember that Iris and BreakTweaker were both also at version 2. Maybe it's time for version 3, or maybe entirely new plugins to fit in those niches.
It could also be that they shift those creative plugins to the NI side of the conglomerate and re-release updated versions under this brand to extend their Komplete offering.

joeyluck

27 Oct 2022

jam-s wrote:
27 Oct 2022
platzangst wrote:
27 Oct 2022
It could also be that they shift those creative plugins to the NI side of the conglomerate and re-release updated versions under this brand to extend their Komplete offering.
That's not a bad guess. Although even NI is discontinuing many things. The thing with iZotope is the creative stuff has always kind of fallen behind over the years, way before anything with NI. It was never promoted very well. I would've loved to see Iris go to GForce, but sounds like that wouldn't happen since it involves iZotope's technology.

Maybe what will happen is other devs will find opportunities to make alternatives for these plugins that they no longer need to compete with.

integerpoet

27 Oct 2022

For what it's worth, I remember being surprised to discover iZotope has products other than Ozone.

Billy+

27 Oct 2022

MrFigg wrote:
26 Oct 2022
Oh well. What will Plugin Boutique give away for free with every purchase now I ask you.
They are still going to give away elements ;)

I have to say that as things stand

Breaktweaker 1 is better than 2
Trash 2 is all I need
Ozone 8 still works fine and 10 without the standalone app is pointless
I still prefer the old vinyl plugin rather than the new one
etc etc ....

Thankfully I still have access to the old versions...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2022

Billy+ wrote:
27 Oct 2022
MrFigg wrote:
26 Oct 2022
They are still going to give away elements ;)

I have to say that as things stand

Breaktweaker 1 is better than 2
Trash 2 is all I need
Ozone 8 still works fine and 10 without the standalone app is pointless
I still prefer the old vinyl plugin rather than the new one
etc etc ....

Thankfully I still have access to the old versions...
All of this things you just said. Every one of them.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

plaamook

29 Oct 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
26 Oct 2022
Discontinuing Trash2 seems crazy. One of the best & apparently most popular plugins of them all
Yeah I actually wrote to them about this. Asked em not to cut it loose etc.
Everyone I know uses trash and would buy trash 3 blind. It’s a pain in the ass interface but what’s going on in there is pretty special.
The chap who replied said…Yeah, me too. But they dont want to develop it or maintain it any further.

So I’ve just stopped using it On feckin everything so I don’t have that much to dig out when Rosetta is dumped on M1 Mac’s.
Not that I can afford one.
Yet…
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

joeyluck

29 Oct 2022

plaamook wrote:
29 Oct 2022
dvdrtldg wrote:
26 Oct 2022
Yeah I actually wrote to them about this. Asked em not to cut it loose etc.
Everyone I know uses trash and would buy trash 3 blind. It’s a pain in the ass interface but what’s going on in there is pretty special.
The chap who replied said…Yeah, me too. But they dont want to develop it or maintain it any further.

So I’ve just stopped using it On feckin everything so I don’t have that much to dig out when Rosetta is dumped on M1 Mac’s.
Not that I can afford one.
Yet…
It could be that iZotope is moving away from the creative stuff and just focusing on the repair and mastering stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if they axed Vocal Synth next. Maybe write iZotope and NI an email (include them both on the same email lol) and ask about NI taking over ownership of Trash 2. As suggested here, it makes sense for NI to beef up Komplete. Although, NI is also discontinuing great stuff, so who knows...

plaamook

29 Oct 2022

I just don’t feel inclined to hold onto any of it as tightly as I did in the past. The software tech landscape just doesn’t feel like a stable environment or like it ever will be. The monetisation of it drives it all mad like everything else and the tiers upon tiers of complexity remove us as individuals more and more from any point of control over it. Just and endless carrousel of work arounds and so forth.
We can all see this potential but to me it’s becoming more and more clear that we’ll never get there. Like it’s all just one update away from collapse on a personal level for any given individual or group at any one point.
A guitar by comparison is a very stable device.

But yeah. I thin iZotope want out of the creative market. Fine w me. I never got involved in most of their gear. But Trash is special.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

-008'

30 Oct 2022

joeyluck wrote:
29 Oct 2022
I wouldn't be surprised if they axed Vocal Synth next.
I would say you are quite right being that VocalSynth 2 currently on sale for $39 from $200. Don't get me wrong plenty of great companies have plenty great sales... but when iZotope does it expect the worst. :thumbup: The worst part is they know precisely what they are doing, squeezing every last dime out of stuff before they pull the plug. For me, that is the particularly dishonest/evil part. (for lack of better term)

Plugin not selling? Probably because its either: garbage, overpriced or not useful. So should we update, fix and improve on it, for all of those great early adopters that support us? Nah! Bargain basement sale to rope in the last few suckers' bucks before we scrap it.

The fanboys bought it day one. The patient waited for a reasonable sale and grabbed it. Others still are gradually roped into their bigger subscription, based on inclusions like VS2 itself! But in the very near future, ALL are left high and dry.

If you KNOW full well you're scrapping a product - how would you maximize for profits, and sell it to the remaining people - like haters, waiters and all the non-fanboys? 80% discount, that's how! They just suck. Their behavior is that of a sociopath. I don't know any other way to say it.
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

• Information