AAS & Reason 10

Discuss VST stuff here!
22ndCenturyStudio

20 Oct 2022

Has anyone used any AAS vst's in Reason 10? I recently bought Ultra Analog VA-3 and in my Mixcaft 8 & 9 DAW's...when I try to record a bass line...during playback, I get an extra note that plays along with what I had recorded that is a couple of octaves up. I then tried to record in my Ableton Live Lite and I have sound when I am playing the keys, but when I hit record, the sound drops out.
My main DAW has always been Reason...but apparently, Reason does not scan any of my AAS products. Any plugin that has an installer, should appear in Reason....shouldn't it?
I really need to test out my Ultra Analog plugin in Reason...in order to further troubleshoot my problem. I don't know if the issue is with my AAS plugin...or my Arturia KeyLab Essential keyboard?

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2022

I have a few of their plugins and use them in Reason 12. Can you make sure you've installed the VST2 version and not the VST3 version? At the moment Reason does not support VST3 plugins. But the VST2 version should work fine.

22ndCenturyStudio

20 Oct 2022

Steedus wrote:
20 Oct 2022
I have a few of their plugins and use them in Reason 12. Can you make sure you've installed the VST2 version and not the VST3 version? At the moment Reason does not support VST3 plugins. But the VST2 version should work fine.
I suspected that Reason didn't support VST3(they still have yet to include mixdown to MP3.) Reason has been around for over 20 years and this DAW is still an archaic piece of shit.
I've had AAS products for many years and none of my AAS plugins have ever appeared in Reason. Thanks for trying to help.

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2022

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
20 Oct 2022
Steedus wrote:
20 Oct 2022
I suspected that Reason didn't support VST3(they still have yet to include mixdown to MP3.) Reason has been around for over 20 years and this DAW is still an archaic piece of shit.
I've had AAS products for many years and none of my AAS plugins have ever appeared in Reason. Thanks for trying to help.
By mixdown to MP3, you don't mean export to mp3 do you? Because Reason does support that. As for VST3, they are currently working on getting it included before the end of the year. It's been long, but it's getting there apparently.

Yeah I can't really think of anything else to try with the AAS plugins I'm afraid..

huggermugger

20 Oct 2022

I've used all of the AAS plugins in R10 and R11. No problem. The problems you're describing sound like a misoperation of your DAW configuration or your controller keyboard.

crimsonwarlock

21 Oct 2022

Check where AAS is installing the plugin DLL files. Then check if that location is added in Reason to scan for plugins. I'm on Windows, not sure if this works the same on Mac, but you didn't state what system you are on.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

platzangst

21 Oct 2022

Yeah, I use Chromaphone in Reason with no problems.

• Information