Sonarworks and Sienna Rooms

Discuss VST stuff here!
lordmike

13 Oct 2022

Hey everybody, I'm having some issues with both Reason 11 and 12 and I'm hoping someone could shed some light on it for me. I use both Sonarworks and Sienna Rooms depending the situation and both recently started causing reason to sputter and skip. I've done everything I can think of to ease this problem but nothing works. My computer is plenty powerful enough (mac mini 6 core i7 32 gig ram) so it shouldn't be overworking my system. In a different thread about VSTs causing issues, a user said that anything that requires a huge number of samples for delay compensation can create problems like what I experience. Thinking that might be the issue I did some digging and discovered something that seems to be the source. Per Reason's Manual they state that delay compensation is not applied to anything in the master insert FX chain because everything passes through that section, therefore no compensation is needed. Despite that, whenever I turn on Sienna Rooms in the master insert FX chain, delay compensation displays 1448 samples. Am I crazy or is that a problem?

crimsonwarlock

13 Oct 2022

I use Sonarworks, it's patched between the master section and the hardware output (VST plugin). Delay compensation is on, but shows zero delay here. This is on Windows 10.

Running my laptop without power connected makes it using two bars more on the DSP gauge, so there's that.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

• Information