NI Kontakt 7

Discuss VST stuff here!
Wav-E

05 Oct 2022

Kontakt 7 is here,

I don´t know if this is true, but I think Kontakt 7 is VST3, AU, AXX only .

We need VST3 support soon as possible
:-?

StephenHutchinson

05 Oct 2022

Wav-E wrote:
05 Oct 2022
Kontakt 7 is here,

Yes, I believe you are correct. I installed it the other day, and while it shows up in Bitwig and Ableton, it does not appear in Reason.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

Pepin

05 Oct 2022

You can probably still run it through Komplete Kontrol, if it's anything like Super 8 (which is also VST3 only).

moneykube

05 Oct 2022

StephenHutchinson wrote:
05 Oct 2022
Wav-E wrote:
05 Oct 2022
Kontakt 7 is here,

Yes, I believe you are correct. I installed it the other day, and while it shows up in Bitwig and Ableton, it does not appear in Reason.
I bought 6 recently... many more features in 7 ????
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

joeyluck

05 Oct 2022

Kontakt 7 doesn't offer much new and doesn't fix issues.

It's mostly a new browser that is separate from the library side pane. You can't view the new browser and the Kontakt rack at the same time, so it makes things difficult. You can't size the browser and Kontakt rack separately. The size of the rack is still dictated by the instrument with the largest UI with no option to scale or make the window smaller horizontally.

So now you have the new browser that overtakes the window, still have the library side pane, and quickload is still at the bottom. It's all over the place and doesn't feel well thought out.

Then they "updated" the factory library with the same samples and an unnecessarily large UI which makes the window huge and you can't resize it horizontally.

The update is not worth $99.

Wav-E

05 Oct 2022

joeyluck wrote:
05 Oct 2022

It's mostly a new browser that is separate from the library side pane. You can't view the new browser and the Kontakt rack at the same time, so it makes things difficult. You can't size the browser and Kontakt rack separately. The size of the rack is still dictated by the instrument with the largest UI with no option to scale or make the window smaller horizontally.

So now you have the new browser that overtakes the window, still have the library side pane, and quickload is still at the bottom. It's all over the place and doesn't feel well thought out.

Then they "updated" the factory library with the same samples and an unnecessarily large UI which makes the window huge and you can't resize it horizontally.

sounds familiar :-)
Thanks for the information. For now I don´t need Kontakt 7 , but they will start to make new libraries that you can open only with version 7+

manisnotabird

05 Oct 2022

joeyluck wrote:
05 Oct 2022

Unspecificed "improvements" to the time stretching algorithms, added ring mod and the "psychedelay" from Guitar Rig as effects, all new orchestral samples, plus some new choir samples, a few new sampled synths and drum machines, new guitar samples, and a few other new sampled instruments scattered about (although impossible to find information about exactly how many). Still very underwhelming.

DaveyG

05 Oct 2022

Yeah, I'm also not upgrading for now, but I may have to if/when a new library tempts me.

rsnsnds

05 Oct 2022

Yes, that's their trick : the new libraries won't work in earlier versions, so it doesn't matter how much better the new version of Kontakt is, people will have to buy it just to be able to use new libraries

joeyluck

05 Oct 2022

manisnotabird wrote:
05 Oct 2022
joeyluck wrote:
05 Oct 2022

Unspecificed "improvements" to the time stretching algorithms, added ring mod and the "psychedelay" from Guitar Rig as effects, all new orchestral samples, plus some new choir samples, a few new sampled synths and drum machines, new guitar samples, and a few other new sampled instruments scattered about (although impossible to find information about exactly how many). Still very underwhelming.
Ok thanks for clarifying. I was a tester and there was no mention of new content. They interacted very little and answered very few questions or bug tickets...

jam-s

05 Oct 2022

I'll eventually upgrade when it hits Komplete and there is a good upgrade sale to a newer Komplete version with more added goodies.

StephenHutchinson

10 Oct 2022

moneykube wrote:
05 Oct 2022
StephenHutchinson wrote:
05 Oct 2022

I bought 6 recently... many more features in 7 ????
I"m not sure.. I only have the Kontakt Player.. not the full version. I just have a few things in there but I haven't noticed anything new as of yet.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

Termigator

10 Oct 2022

is there any other daw that doesn’t support vst3 in 2022 ? just a question

avasopht
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2022

Termigator wrote:
10 Oct 2022
is there any other daw that doesn’t support vst3 in 2022 ? just a question
No. Every other DAW supports VST3.

Not sure if Maschine or MPC Beats supports VST3.

Enukito Ascii

18 Oct 2022

Newbie here. I've been a Reason fan since v1 (Rebirth anyone?) but got distracted for a lonnng while with IRL, recently back into having fun with sound.

First post because I've been searching for "Reason 12 Kontakt 7 compatibility" for a week plus now and honestly don't know much about the differences between VST2, VST3, etc.

Anyway, good to know I'm not the only one. Logic Pro sees it without problem, I just prefer Reason as a DAW.

Kontakt 7 browser is better than 6, but only for official instruments. It's faster than quick load (or whatever it is in 6) and has pretty pictures but any non-official instruments are blank/generic folders and don't have sound previews.

That might be something remedied on SoundIron/Impact/whomever's side eventually, not sure, but for now I'd just like K7 to show up in R12.

• Information