Izotope Ozone 10 No VST 2 Support...

Discuss VST stuff here!
jaeproduced
Posts: 165
Joined: 29 Apr 2020

Post 14 Sep 2022

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/ozone.html#specs

System Requirements
Operating Systems:
Mac: macOS Catalina (10.15.7) – macOS Monterey (12.5.x)*
Win: Windows 10 – Windows 11
* Supported on Intel Macs & Apple silicon Macs (Apple M1 chips) in Rosetta 2 and native.

Plug-in Formats:
AAX, AU, VST3

All plug-in formats are 64-bit only.
VST2 is no longer supported.
Supported Hosts (DAWs/NLEs):
Logic Pro, Ableton Live 10.1 — 11, Pro Tools 2021 — 2022, Cubase 11 — 12, FL Studio 20, Studio One 5, REAPER 6, Bitwig Studio 4, Adobe Audition CC, Premiere Pro CC, Nuendo 12, *Digital Performer 11

*Compatible in AU/macOS only

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 8252
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 14 Sep 2022

Just as well R12 will have VST3 support. Soon. Sometime. Maybe. Hope I don’t fall asleep.
丰2ॐ

jaeproduced
Posts: 165
Joined: 29 Apr 2020

Post 14 Sep 2022

MrFigg wrote:
14 Sep 2022
Just as well R12 will have VST3 support. Soon. Sometime. Maybe. Hope I don’t fall asleep.
You forgot One Day.

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 342
Joined: 21 May 2015
Location: Melbourne Australia

Post 14 Sep 2022

VST3 Indeed lol
01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

User avatar
integerpoet
Posts: 606
Joined: 30 Dec 2020
Location: East Bay, California

Post 14 Sep 2022

Might still be worth upgrading (now as opposed to whenever RS lands VST3 support) if the stand-alone app imports and exports well.

Lately I've been mastering using the Ozone 9 VST2 hosted by Reason, but only because the stand-alone app isn't exporting properly for me.

Popey
Posts: 1403
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 14 Sep 2022

integerpoet wrote:
14 Sep 2022
Might still be worth upgrading (now as opposed to whenever RS lands VST3 support) if the stand-alone app imports and exports well.

Lately I've been mastering using the Ozone 9 VST2 hosted by Reason, but only because the stand-alone app isn't exporting properly for me.
I haven't tried ozone 10 but thought I had read they got rid of the standalone in this version. Might be worth checking this out before purchasing.

User avatar
raymondh
Posts: 1691
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 14 Sep 2022

I'm happy with the move from iZotope to Sonible. Getting better mix and master results and my CPU is thanking me for it too :)

Though I still use Ozone Stereo Imager, but v8 of that does the job.

User avatar
nscerri
Posts: 107
Joined: 01 Apr 2015
Location: Malta

Post 25 Sep 2022

integerpoet wrote:
14 Sep 2022
Might still be worth upgrading (now as opposed to whenever RS lands VST3 support) if the stand-alone app imports and exports well.

Lately I've been mastering using the Ozone 9 VST2 hosted by Reason, but only because the stand-alone app isn't exporting properly for me.
Just as a small note, in Ozone 10 they removed the standalone version, so it is a double hit for us Reason users. Thankfully, I also have Ableton Live Lite where at least I can still use it.

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1759
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 25 Sep 2022

nscerri wrote:
25 Sep 2022
Just as a small note, in Ozone 10 they removed the standalone version,
Removing the standalone version is a crazy decision imo. Mastering is best done as a separate task. :thumbs_down:

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 10329
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 25 Sep 2022

DaveyG wrote:
25 Sep 2022
nscerri wrote:
25 Sep 2022
Just as a small note, in Ozone 10 they removed the standalone version,
Removing the standalone version is a crazy decision imo. Mastering is best done as a separate task. :thumbs_down:
Both of those can be true…you don’t necessarily need to use the standalone version to master as a separate task!
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1759
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 25 Sep 2022

selig wrote:
25 Sep 2022
DaveyG wrote:
25 Sep 2022


Removing the standalone version is a crazy decision imo. Mastering is best done as a separate task. :thumbs_down:
Both of those can be true…you don’t necessarily need to use the standalone version to master as a separate task!
True, but using the standalone helps with the separation and removes the temptation to continually fiddle with the mix instead of getting the job finished. Taking away that option is just daft.

Jac459
Posts: 433
Joined: 29 Mar 2022
Location: Singapore

Post 25 Sep 2022

selig wrote:
25 Sep 2022
Both of those can be true…you don’t necessarily need to use the standalone version to master as a separate task!
I actually have a question on that. I like to have my mixing and my mastering on the same project (when my CPU allows it).
I do the mixing and the mastering as different steps but I find it practical to be able to go directly back to the mixing stage if I discover a mistake during the mastering (I don't have decades of XP in mixing and mastering like some in this forum).
Does it make sense at all ?

User avatar
-008'
Posts: 338
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 25 Sep 2022

"The Ozone app has gone un-used by the vast majority of our customers, so we've decided to retire it with this version of Ozone."

"Our usage analytics have shown that about 99 out of 100 Ozone users only ever used the plug-ins and because of this the Ozone team has discontinued the standalone app to focus on improving Ozone's DSP."

What if the "vast majority" of their Ozone customers:
-used standalone exclusively.
-with the "send anonymous usage data" option unchecked.
?

How do they hit that 99/100 precise data point without any of my data included? :?

Do they account for the fact that any average "user" works thru his writing/mixing projects for much longer of a time frame, with - "mastering in Ozone ™" - being the last and probably fastest stage for a project? Does their lil "Accounting & Usage Report Data Bot®" even consider things like that?

You're telling me that when i used only standalone... I truly did stand alone? :lol:

Did they bump their head, or is their AI making marketing decisions too now?
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 10329
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 25 Sep 2022

DaveyG wrote:
25 Sep 2022
selig wrote:
25 Sep 2022


Both of those can be true…you don’t necessarily need to use the standalone version to master as a separate task!
True, but using the standalone helps with the separation and removes the temptation to continually fiddle with the mix instead of getting the job finished. Taking away that option is just daft.
And again, sorry to be repetitive but “you don’t necessarily need to use the standalone version to master as a separate task”. Especially if you have other plugins or need automation on the timeline, you can ‘master’ in any DAW. Hopefully I’ve not misunderstood your point…
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1759
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 25 Sep 2022

selig wrote:
25 Sep 2022
Hopefully I’ve not misunderstood your point…
You have, but it doesn't really matter. I guess you 99%-ers just can't understand what us special 1% of users mean haha

And I share the bemusement of 008 above, because most standalone programs are deliberately blocked by me in the firewall unless they have a very good reason to need 'net access so my standalone use is invisible to iZotope. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I just think it's a bad decision.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests