Izotope IRIS 2 for 1.5 iced latte on pluginboutique

Discuss VST stuff here!
Jac459

28 Aug 2022

Not the newest VST around but its particular spectral synthesis makes it a non redundant choice.

At 10 bucks it is hard to resist...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

dvdrtldg

29 Aug 2022

It's great, but I wonder how much longer it'll be viable. I remember reading somewhere a while back that Iris2 is no longer supported, which means no more updates. E.g. it's useable on M1 Macs but only under Rosetta, there are no plans for native M1 compatibility. So yeah, a great synth at a very low price, but buyer beware all the same (same goes for Trash2 and a bunch of those nice Exponential reverbs)

Jac459

29 Aug 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
29 Aug 2022
It's great, but I wonder how much longer it'll be viable. I remember reading somewhere a while back that Iris2 is no longer supported, which means no more updates. E.g. it's useable on M1 Macs but only under Rosetta, there are no plans for native M1 compatibility. So yeah, a great synth at a very low price, but buyer beware all the same (same goes for Trash2 and a bunch of those nice Exponential reverbs)
Good to know, thanks.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Propellerhands

02 Sep 2022

Just bought it the other day. This synth is insanely good (especially now that I know more about sound design compared to my early days). Resizable window (did not remember it being a feature back in the 2014) and other great functions and controls and unlimited possibilities. Especially combined with Supermassive FX. Just loaded up the first sample and already building a track from scratch, spent almost an hour listening to just one chord. Very happy I rediscovered it after 8 years since the time I first tried it and deleted on same day.

What sucks is activation method, very unconvenient because you do not even get an install from Pluginboutique, just an installer for an installer. I guess that's just how iZotope works. But glad I made this exception, was worth it.
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

• Information