Guitar Rig 5 or 6 by Native Instruments VS ToneX by ikmultimedia[dot]com

Discuss VST stuff here!
simonphinix1986

13 Aug 2022

Hey Guys,

Someone here who can tell me what the differences are between these two products (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... _form_area) VS (https://www.native-instruments.com/de/p ... rig-6-pro/).
And apart from those two (NI and ikmultimedia), are there any other VST providers
who produce effect plugins that simulate amps?

It is also clear to me that the market is highly competitive and every manufacturer wants to sell their product.
I think it's cool that Native Instruments offer the Kontakt 6 player and Guitar Rig 6 as an effect plugin in Komplete Start.

QVprod

13 Aug 2022

There are several companies that have guitar amp simulators. Just do a search for guitar amp VST. There’s too many to name. As far as the difference between these two. Tonex is brand new but the concept is the same as their main amp plug-in amplitude. The major difference between tonex and everything else however seems to be the ability to model your own gear and share the resulting files.

simonphinix1986

13 Aug 2022

QVprod wrote:
13 Aug 2022
There are several companies that have guitar amp simulators. Just do a search for guitar amp VST. There’s too many to name. As far as the difference between these two. Tonex is brand new but the concept is the same as their main amp plug-in amplitude. The major difference between tonex and everything else however seems to be the ability to model your own gear and share the resulting files.
The demo´s on their website sounds really like hard rock for ToneX. I don´t know. Guitar Rig has some more sounds for acoustic guitary sounding presets and more jazzy.

Billy+

13 Aug 2022

I think the difference between the two is that

GRig is a collection of amps pedals etc

ToneX is an AI used to create simulations of the hardware that can then be used in the box.

ToneX seems a very interesting device especially if you have access to real world hardware but don't want to drag it about, you simply play a test tone through the setup and let the AI recreate it virtually.

QVprod

13 Aug 2022

simonphinix1986 wrote:
13 Aug 2022
QVprod wrote:
13 Aug 2022
The demo´s on their website sounds really like hard rock for ToneX. I don´t know. Guitar Rig has some more sounds for acoustic guitary sounding presets and more jazzy.
You can get clean or distorted tones out of any amp. Most guitarists are running pedals which can be emulated as well

BRIGGS

13 Aug 2022

Billy+ wrote:
13 Aug 2022
I think the difference between the two is that

GRig is a collection of amps pedals etc

ToneX is an AI used to create simulations of the hardware that can then be used in the box.

ToneX seems a very interesting device especially if you have access to real world hardware but don't want to drag it about, you simply play a test tone through the setup and let the AI recreate it virtually.

Like Kemper, minus the hardware. :thumbup:

I'd love to try to feed it some crazy synth sounds, just to see what it does with them.

Could be fun! :puf_smile:
r11s

• Information