Native Instruments Summer Sale

Discuss VST stuff here!
michael.jaye

03 Jun 2022

Native Instruments like most developers are having a Summer Sale, 50% discount on upgrades and updates.

Thinking of upgrading from Komplete Select to Komplete 13.

I"m interested in Cuba, West Africa, Session Strings & Session Horns. Anyone have experience with these? Is it worth the upgrade, or is there another company that does these sounds better (or better value)? I'm not into scoring, more wanting tribal/afro-cuban drums and horns to make house/techno stabs.

Mistro17

04 Jun 2022

This is the first summer since I started with NI that there's nothing left for me to buy since I got 13 Collectors Edition around the holidays. That offer I got in December was even better than the summer sale. But yeah, for anyone looking to get NI stuff, this is the best time.

michael.jaye

10 Jun 2022

On the whole I'm pretty underwhelmed by the sounds that come with Komplete 13. Sampled bass and pianos are much better than what is in Reasons Factory Soundbank, and I'm happy with the expansions Cuba & West Africa. But already having a bunch of VSTs and heaps of 3rd party refills I was already fairly complete soudwise.

Steedus
Competition Winner

19 Jun 2022

Who's running Komplete 13 on an M1 Mac? How's the performance? I just found out I can crossgrade from iZotope to Komplete 13 standard for USD $179, which is a pretty great deal I think, but I read none of it is M1 compatible yet and I plan on upgrading to a Mac Studio within the year.

Just curious. Cheers folks :thumbs_up:

teddymcw

03 Aug 2022

Steedus wrote:
19 Jun 2022
Who's running Komplete 13 on an M1 Mac? How's the performance? I just found out I can crossgrade from iZotope to Komplete 13 standard for USD $179, which is a pretty great deal I think, but I read none of it is M1 compatible yet and I plan on upgrading to a Mac Studio within the year.

It works, I don't know if it's optimised whatsoever, but it certainly works in the small projects I'm running

Steedus
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2022

teddymcw wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Steedus wrote:
19 Jun 2022

It works, I don't know if it's optimised whatsoever, but it certainly works in the small projects I'm running
Cheers, yeah I ended up going for it. Must admit, I'm glad I've got it to expand my palate of sounds but I've been stuck by a bit of GAS syndrome and haven't had much of a chance to check out most of it yet. :redface:

• Information