IKM Syntronik 2 Group Buy $/€ 50

Discuss VST stuff here!
WaxTrax

24 Apr 2022

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/syntronik2gb/

Just saw this, seems like a pretty good deal depending on your situation. Shortly after the group buy last fall (which they extended for 3 months), they introduced Syntronik 2 with 11 new synths over Syntronik 1, and an update/overhaul of all the previous 22 S1 synths.

With this promo, similar to the last group buy, you purchase one of the S2 synths for $50 (and you can use jampoints too for up to $15 off), and you get a number of additional S2 synths included. They are adding another included synth for every 100 purchases. As I write this it is buy 1, get 6 free, with 25 days left. So this is a really great way to get the 11 new synths without paying the full S2 Max upgrade price, and based on the last group buy (and the fact that it's only 100 purchases per level rather than 1000 like before), I am sure we'll end up getting the remaining 22 updated S1 synths included with this as well.

I know everyone has an opinion on IKM, how they operate, and particularly about Syntronik how they are not true recreations of the originals but essentially augmented samples. If you know these things going in and are okay with it, this is a pretty decent deal for a nice-sounding upgrade to S1.

huggermugger

24 Apr 2022

The massive sample sets and limited parameters (which are duplicated across the entire line) keep me from jumping on this deal. That said, I own a couple of them already (MemoryV and OX-A), and the sound quality is superb.

WaxTrax

01 May 2022

To anyone interested, the GB has progressed to the point of buy 1 get 10 free, so right now you can get all 11 of the new Syntronik 2 synths for the price of a single standalone. There's still 3 weeks left on the buy (assuming they don't extend it, which they very well could based on the past), and at this point any additional freebies will let you get the updated versions of the Syntronik 1 synths.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 May 2022

I registered a code I had lying around and it didn't kick the Group Buy into action for some reason. Contacted support.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

WaxTrax

01 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2022
I registered a code I had lying around and it didn't kick the Group Buy into action for some reason. Contacted support.
I got the S2 J-60 for free from one of the music magazines recently (I forget which one) and tried registering that first, but had the same thing -- didn't count toward the GB.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 May 2022

WaxTrax wrote:
01 May 2022
MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2022
I got the S2 J-60 for free from one of the music magazines recently (I forget which one) and tried registering that first, but had the same thing -- didn't count toward the GB.
Last Group Buy I bought AmpliTube and registered 4 Plugins I'd got free over the years. Ended up with everything IKMultimedia have ever made hahaha. They must have learned their lesson.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

WaxTrax

01 May 2022

MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2022
They must have learned their lesson.
:D :lol: Could be! People complain a lot about IKM (and there are certainly lots of valid complaints about them), but they're really not that bad if the price is right.

ravasb

01 May 2022

These synths sound really good, and the newest ones come with a lot more ways to edit the sounds than the originals. The biggest downside is that these are really romplers with extra functionality, so they take a lot of hard drive space, but if you have the room, they are really worth it.

jam-s

08 May 2022

To add to the warning: As all those instruments are huge romplers you will need a few 100GBs to install it all.
Here are some examples (download size, install could be even a bit more) for Syntronik 2:
  • M-12: 19.3 GB
  • CATO: 3.4 GB
  • KW-8000: 12 GB
  • Megawave: 4.8 GB
  • Obie One: 3.8 GB
  • OSC-V: 9.4 GB
  • Pro-VS: 7.2 GB
  • Sorcerer: 5.7 GB
  • Syner-V: 15.3 GB
  • Triptych: 6.1 GB
  • GS-V: 31 GB

WaxTrax

28 May 2022

This is now just a couple entries away from the full deal, the entire ST2 Max (including the ST2 Max multi's) for the price of one individual synth. This ends in just a couple days, so you might want to get in on it if you were interested but holding out. Just trying to help out with your daily dose of G.A.S.! :lol:

DaveyG

28 May 2022

It doesn't really add to my Syntronik 1 arsenal. The new models are a bit meh and the reworked ones sound pretty much the same as the earlier versions once they are in a mix.

WaxTrax

28 May 2022

DaveyG wrote:
28 May 2022
It doesn't really add to my Syntronik 1 arsenal. The new models are a bit meh and the reworked ones sound pretty much the same as the earlier versions once they are in a mix.
True, but it's still a hell of a deal for anyone who doesn't own anything in the Syntronik line, and it's not a bad price for an upgrade, either, especially if you have Jam points. For anyone that is curious, just download the free ST2 CS and check it out before buying into this.

To each their own, this is a great product for some, and absolute shit for others. It's all personal preferences and taste, and ultimately how much value it has to you personally. One person's trash is another person's treasure, and vice-versa. This software is no different from any other in that it will have pros and cons that are weighted differently for different people.

• Information