KICKSTART 2

Discuss VST stuff here!
Popey
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2022

So nice to see they added audio input to this. Worth the £5 upgrade price for me. Think it is around £16 full price.

https://www.kickstart-plugin.com/

LION

21 Apr 2022

HI Popey,

I've just bought it to give a try and maybe you can help me with that plugin as i saw you were already using it :
in Reason Studio 12 (it works) but to connect it to the sidechain input for audio triggering, i couldn't find a way to make it work properly and even didn't find any informations about it on internet... Even if i know there are a bunch of different ways to do sidechaining in Reason (i was interested on the mix/ band options with visual monitoring) i would really appreciate to make this plugin work in my daw ;)-

Please let me know if you can find a way to connect it to the sidechain for audio triggering in Reason Studio 12 ? (for example a kick over a bass )

Thanks for your help,

Lion

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2022

LION wrote:
21 Apr 2022
HI Popey,

I've just bought it to give a try and maybe you can help me with that plugin as i saw you were already using it :
in Reason Studio 12 (it works) but to connect it to the sidechain input for audio triggering, i couldn't find a way to make it work properly and even didn't find any informations about it on internet... Even if i know there are a bunch of different ways to do sidechaining in Reason (i was interested on the mix/ band options with visual monitoring) i would really appreciate to make this plugin work in my daw ;)-

Please let me know if you can find a way to connect it to the sidechain for audio triggering in Reason Studio 12 ? (for example a kick over a bass )

Thanks for your help,

Lion
Hi Lion,

I must admit I use live as my daw but tried it in Reason 11 and could get it to work. You need to flip to the back of the rack on kickstart 2 to open up the optional in (press cv programmer)(there will be 2 lit up green). Add a spider and route from redrum, kong etc to splitter and then from spider to optional ins. See attached images
Attachments
20220421-190149.jpg
20220421-190149.jpg (658.66 KiB) Viewed 1643 times
20220421-190221.jpg
20220421-190221.jpg (307.18 KiB) Viewed 1643 times
20220421-190121.jpg
20220421-190121.jpg (922.24 KiB) Viewed 1643 times
Last edited by Popey on 22 Apr 2022, edited 1 time in total.

splitpen

21 Apr 2022

Don't own kickstart but with a lot of plugins and also effect inside reason you can trigger the effect by playing it inside a combi with the instrument. In the combi programmer select the device and set it to receive notes. Most effects are off by default. Some other vsts have a input drop-down menu like external input for example and then connect it to the 3-4 input on the back
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

tomusurp

22 Apr 2022

I have devious Duck for ducking. I understand they are meant to provide more control and smoother ducking, but I usually like how Reasons SSL sidechain sounds, and it’s quicker too
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

klasson

22 Apr 2022

Popey wrote:
21 Apr 2022
LION wrote:
21 Apr 2022
HI Popey,

Thanks for your help,

Lion
Hi Lion,

I must admit I use live as my daw but tried it in Reason 11 and could get it to work. You need to flip to the back of the rack on kickstart 2 to open up the optional in (press cv programmer)(there will be 2 lit up green). Add a spider and route from redrum, kong etc to splitter and then from spider to optional ins. See attached images
Thanks Popey. was scratching my head on this one. Now I can use the new features in Kickstart 2! :thumbup:

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2022

klasson wrote:
22 Apr 2022
Popey wrote:
21 Apr 2022

Hi Lion,

Thanks Popey. was scratching my head on this one. Now I can use the new features in Kickstart 2! :thumbup:
No worries, glad you got it working. I think it is a very quick and useful fx, especially now you can trigger with audio

• Information