SSL - Essentials Bundle - $49

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

15 Apr 2022

ProfessaKaos

15 Apr 2022

Thanks for the heads up. If you have a Plugin Discounts account you can get it for $44.99
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Neo

15 Apr 2022

Would love to see a comparison with our stock mixer <"Faithfully modeled after the famous SSL 9000k* analog mixing desk>
Do love the UI^
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

crimsonwarlock

15 Apr 2022

Neo wrote:
15 Apr 2022
Would love to see a comparison with our stock mixer <"Faithfully modeled after the famous SSL 9000k* analog mixing desk>
Do love the UI^
Not the mixer channels, but the SSL bus comp:

-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Neo

16 Apr 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
15 Apr 2022
Neo wrote:
15 Apr 2022
Do love the UI^

Cheers C.

crimsonwarlock

16 Apr 2022

Neo wrote:
16 Apr 2022
Cheers C.
It has been a while since I watched it myself. I just realized this is the blind test setup and the result is in another video. So just to be complete with this, here's the reveal video that followed:

-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Neo

16 Apr 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
16 Apr 2022
Neo wrote:
16 Apr 2022
Cheers C.
It has been a while since I watched it myself. I just realized this is the blind test setup and the result is in another video. So just to be complete with this, here's the reveal video that followed:

Ha! Thank you for the follow up post.. :-)

tallguy

20 Apr 2022

Funny how all SSL emulations from different manufacturers are now on sale.

That said, having promised myself I wouldn't be buying any more plugins this year, I had to cave in for this one after trialling it for 30 minutes. I never understood what people meant by the "SSL sound" until I tried this one

jaeproduced

20 Apr 2022

So i'm not understanding I use the SSL mixer in Reason why would you need an additional SSL mixer if you already have one?

selig
RE Developer

20 Apr 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
15 Apr 2022
Neo wrote:
15 Apr 2022
Do love the UI^

Actually, not THE SSL bus comp but a DIY version…
Selig Audio, LLC

Loque

20 Apr 2022

jaeproduced wrote:
20 Apr 2022
So i'm not understanding I use the SSL mixer in Reason why would you need an additional SSL mixer if you already have one?
To compensate the Reason-Sound :lol:
Reason12, Win10

jaeproduced

20 Apr 2022

Loque wrote:
20 Apr 2022
jaeproduced wrote:
20 Apr 2022
To compensate the Reason-Sound :lol:
So the Reason SSL mixer is colored and doesn't really emulate the actually SSL console?

aeox
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
15 Apr 2022
Neo wrote:
15 Apr 2022
Do love the UI^

That guy is the epitome of the dunning-kruger effect

crimsonwarlock

21 Apr 2022

selig wrote:
20 Apr 2022
That is correct, but he explains why it should be close (from his perspective). Close enough for me, as you very well know that no two analog consoles (or their compressors) sound exactly the same anyway.
-------

selig
RE Developer

21 Apr 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
21 Apr 2022
selig wrote:
20 Apr 2022
That is correct, but he explains why it should be close (from his perspective). Close enough for me, as you very well know that no two analog consoles (or their compressors) sound exactly the same anyway.
I don’t have a dog in this race, I only wanted to clarify not only was it not an SSL, but that he built it himself so that things like the quality of the components and power supply as well as his skill as builder and circuit board layout etc. are now ALSO being compared in addition to any differences that may be there in the original.
Bottom line, not apples to apples comparison - more like oranges to pineapples.
Not sure what is meant by “REAL glue compressor” in the video title…
Selig Audio, LLC

crimsonwarlock

21 Apr 2022

selig wrote:
21 Apr 2022
I don’t have a dog in this race, I only wanted to clarify not only was it not an SSL, but that he built it himself so that things like the quality of the components and power supply as well as his skill as builder and circuit board layout etc. are now ALSO being compared in addition to any differences that may be there in the original.
Fair enough. I don't have a 'dog in this race' either (I like that expression) :puf_bigsmile:

I seem to remember from a previous video of him, that he has access to an SSL desk (his studio is located in one of the biggest studios here in the Netherlands), and he compared his DIY compressor to that one. But I'm not 100% sure on that one.
Last edited by crimsonwarlock on 21 Apr 2022, edited 1 time in total.
-------

crimsonwarlock

21 Apr 2022

double post :?
-------

selig
RE Developer

21 Apr 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
21 Apr 2022
selig wrote:
21 Apr 2022
Fair enough. I don't have a 'dog in this race' either (I like that expression) :puf_bigsmile:

I seem to remember from a previous video of him, that he has access to an SSL desk (his studio is located in one of the biggest studios here in the Netherlands), and he compared his DIY compressor to that one. But I'm not 100% sure on that one.
I’ve said this before so forgive me if you’ve heard it already, but I started on the SSL in 1984 and I’ve never bothered to do a ‘proper’ comparison. The main reason why I’ve not done so is because I never felt the Reason SSL model caused me to work/think any differently than I do on a real SSL. Thats all I care about at the end of the day TBH.
Selig Audio, LLC

crimsonwarlock

21 Apr 2022

selig wrote:
21 Apr 2022
I’ve said this before so forgive me if you’ve heard it already, but I started on the SSL in 1984 and I’ve never bothered to do a ‘proper’ comparison. The main reason why I’ve not done so is because I never felt the Reason SSL model caused me to work/think any differently than I do on a real SSL. Thats all I care about at the end of the day TBH.
I've seen you mention it here and probably during your livestreams. But I didn't mention before that I totally agree with your stance on this. :puf_bigsmile:

I can't really say I have serious experience with SSL desks, never did any mixing on one. However, I was involved with some projects back in the eighties where we did the tracking on an SSL desk. The SSL desk emulation in Reason was one of its attraction points for me :thumbup:
-------

Biolumin3sc3nt

22 Apr 2022

Bought it. I was basically waiting for the bus compressor to go on sale, but this works. The final missing piece at last!!!

jaeproduced

22 Apr 2022

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
22 Apr 2022
Bought it. I was basically waiting for the bus compressor to go on sale, but this works. The final missing piece at last!!!
So you're not using the SSL console in Reason?

Biolumin3sc3nt

22 Apr 2022

jaeproduced wrote:
22 Apr 2022
Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
22 Apr 2022
I do. I find the SSL plugins to be very titillating at the moment tho.

jaeproduced

22 Apr 2022

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
22 Apr 2022
jaeproduced wrote:
22 Apr 2022

I do. I find the SSL plugins to be very titillating at the moment tho.
Ok i'm just confused on why would you pay for something you already have?

• Information