AIR - Hype

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

05 Apr 2022

AIR has a new synth line. Here is Hype:

AIR Hype is powered by four sound engines; FM, Wavetable, Virtual Analog and Sampled, created from decades of research and meticulous design.

https://www.airmusictech.com/virtual-in ... /hype.html

EnochLight

05 Apr 2022

I'm glad to see this as a standalone plugin - it's a fantastic synth that we've had on Akai's Force in standalone for many years, and most recently on the Akai MPC line as of July 2021. It's a cool preset-machine. :thumbup: :clap:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

moalla

05 Apr 2022

If DJ Hype knows that, ujijuijuijuijui

the next buggy AIR device, the name of this brand is still the moto of this company.
Sorry for the sarcasm but i bought once upon a time vacuum and it still crashs the hole time, also hybryd3....
but okay there iss a lot of cool and useful well made Inmusic stuff but AIr and M-Audio are worse without real updates, poor consumer service!
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

EnochLight

06 Apr 2022

moalla wrote:
05 Apr 2022
the next buggy AIR device, the name of this brand is still the moto of this company.
Sorry for the sarcasm but i bought once upon a time vacuum and it still crashs the hole time, also hybryd3....
but okay there iss a lot of cool and useful well made Inmusic stuff but AIr and M-Audio are worse without real updates, poor consumer service!
I don't use Vacuum, but I do own Hybrid 3. I only use it in Reason (on occasion), and it has been largely solid on my system. My biggest complaint is the preset browser (as with all Air plugins, you can't navigate them using your QWERTY keyboard arrows) and inability to zoom/scale the GUI/UX. That said, I've been playing with the new Hype synth plugin in Reason and Ableton Live and it's solid as a rock so far. Lots of great presets in there, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

avasopht
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2022

EnochLight wrote:
06 Apr 2022
I don't use Vacuum, but I do own Hybrid 3. I only use it in Reason (on occasion), and it has been largely solid on my system. My biggest complaint is the preset browser (as with all Air plugins, you can't navigate them using your QWERTY keyboard arrows) and inability to zoom/scale the GUI/UX. That said, I've been playing with the new Hype synth plugin in Reason and Ableton Live and it's solid as a rock so far. Lots of great presets in there, IMHO.
I heard they don't own the samples used in Xpand!2 - so I'm wondering how the rompler patches compare to it?

EnochLight

06 Apr 2022

avasopht wrote:
06 Apr 2022
I heard they don't own the samples used in Xpand!2 - so I'm wondering how the rompler patches compare to it?
How Hype compares to Xpand!2? I also have Xpand!2... I'd say that Hype is more "modern". There's also something like 3000 presets or something. Can't remember how many presets Xpand!2 has. The thing with Hype is that it's really macro-based - you don't have a ton of deep control on the synth's core features. So, there's that. I treat it more as a "preset-tweak" machine.

• Information