Arturia V collection crossgrade for pigment owners

Discuss VST stuff here!
dezma

24 Mar 2022

Great value if you ask me.. not sure what triggers the crossgrade. I have pigments and an audiofuse interface (which also includes analog lab intro).

Update: just found back the add. It's for pigment owners and until April 4th
Last edited by dezma on 24 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2022

Wow that looks good. Might have to see what my crossgrade price is as I have a fair few arturia products.

Noise
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2022

It's insane not to get this.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2022

Well good old gas I just bought it but to be fair I have wanted this for a while like their fx collection I recently purchased.

Do you have to download everything in one go like I had to with the fx collection? Only ask so I know whether to start the download tonight or at the weekend as my Internet is not the fastest.

eoinoco

24 Mar 2022

Popey wrote:
24 Mar 2022
Well good old gas I just bought it but to be fair I have wanted this for a while like their fx collection I recently purchased.

Do you have to download everything in one go like I had to with the fx collection? Only ask so I know whether to start the download tonight or at the weekend as my Internet is not the fastest.
Hi Popey. You can download each product individually. Enjoy it. It's amazing.

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2022

eoinoco wrote:
24 Mar 2022
Popey wrote:
24 Mar 2022

Hi Popey. You can download each product individually. Enjoy it. It's amazing.
Thanks for letting me know, very much appreciated 👍

sublunar

24 Mar 2022

V Collection 8 is coming up as only $249 in my cart and the only product I have registered is the Mini V filter. Hell of a deal.

I had another separate Arturia account and I'm getting the same upgrade offer price of $249 and the only product I have registered in this account is Analog Lab Intro. So it seems that it doesn't really matter what you have registered.

I couldn't resist it at this price. Pretty sure this is lower than any sale price I've seen them do before and I've been watching for years. If you've been on the fence about the V Collection, don't pass this deal up.

mimidancer

25 Mar 2022

I have all of the Arturia software. Works great in reason and is easy on CPU.

Chi-Individual

28 Mar 2022

mimidancer wrote:
25 Mar 2022
Can anyone speak on how V Collection performs in Reason on an M1 system? On my 2015 MBP i7 , just 1 instance of Pigments would put Reason in a rear naked choke until it passed out.

mimidancer

28 Mar 2022

Chi-Individual wrote:
28 Mar 2022
mimidancer wrote:
25 Mar 2022
Can anyone speak on how V Collection performs in Reason on an M1 system? On my 2015 MBP i7 , just 1 instance of Pigments would put Reason in a rear naked choke until it passed out.
Mac was switching to the M1 right when I was in need of a new PC. At that time almost all of the plugins I use had no M1 support. Many still do not. At that time my husband talked me into getting a PC. Everything I already has was so much better except I could no longer use Logic. The V series synths use less CPU than pigments. As pigments is a more complex synth than most of the stuff it is emulating. I would recommend trying the demos in reason. None of my V series synths are as CPU hungry as Roland cloud synths. Most are compatible with CPU usage of native reason synths. My favorites in the V series are the Mini V, Sem V, Prophet V, Solina V, Stage 73, Jup V( better than Roland cloud version), Jun 6 V( better than Roland cloud version), Sq 80. But i use them all.

MattLeschuck

28 Mar 2022

Chi-Individual wrote:
28 Mar 2022
mimidancer wrote:
25 Mar 2022
Same experience here.. Pigments buckles my 18' Mac Mini 6 core with 32gb of ram easily. So much so that I never use it.

tronam

29 Mar 2022

I wish it went the other way, V Collection owners getting a crossgrade discount on Pigments.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

gritz

07 Apr 2022

I’m amazed about pigments - it’s a great synth but so incredibly cpu hungry that I just can’t seem to use it much or replace it with a less demanding synth - just annoying

selig
RE Developer

07 Apr 2022

I run Pigments on a 2015 iMac that's hardly 'powerful' with no issues. It's a hog, but still plays well with others - I certainly don't have to avoid it due to CPU issues!
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2022

selig wrote:
07 Apr 2022
I run Pigments on a 2015 iMac that's hardly 'powerful' with no issues. It's a hog, but still plays well with others - I certainly don't have to avoid it due to CPU issues!
It’s well known that stuff was built to last in the olden days. Better components. Better workmanship. That’s the reason really old computers handle CPU heavy plugins better than newer machines. I’m running a 220 track project on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k with no issues.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jam-s

07 Apr 2022

MrFigg wrote:
07 Apr 2022
selig wrote:
07 Apr 2022
I’m running a 220 track project on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k with no issues.
Now imagine if you pimped your ZX Spectrum :puf_bigsmile:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2022

10 PRINT “ReasonTalk”
20 GOTO 10
RUN
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

selig
RE Developer

07 Apr 2022

MrFigg wrote:
07 Apr 2022
10 PRINT “ReasonTalk”
20 GOTO 10
RUN
And with that I am instantly transported back to 1980. True story, took one of the first computers and music classes fall 1979, and had to learn basic as a part of the class. Half the class was music majors, the other computer science majors - we were able to help each other since we were both in uncharted waters. It was so clunky having to specify each sine wave individually in code for any complex waves.
It showed me the promise of integrating computers and music, though it wasn’t until a few years later I actually made any music on a computer (1984 Fairlight CMI, 1986 Mac 512 running Total Music).
Selig Audio, LLC

EnochLight

12 Apr 2022

selig wrote:
07 Apr 2022
though it wasn’t until a few years later I actually made any music on a computer (1984 Fairlight CMI, 1986 Mac 512 running Total Music).
What's mind boggling to me is that in a span of just a few years, the functionality of the Fairlight CMI - which originally cost tens of thousands of dollars - was supplanted by home musicians on an Ensoniq EP16/ASR-10 for under $2000. Technology seemed to change at a blistering pace back in the 80's - it was almost magical.

Nowadays, I look at what I can do in Reason alone and SMH. Yet we still complain about missing features! LMAO :lol:

Back on topic: I own Pigments 3 and I'm signed up for Arturia's notifications, yet I never received one email about this crossgrade deal. :( :? :thumbs_down:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

12 Apr 2022

EnochLight wrote:
12 Apr 2022
selig wrote:
07 Apr 2022
though it wasn’t until a few years later I actually made any music on a computer (1984 Fairlight CMI, 1986 Mac 512 running Total Music).
What's mind boggling to me is that in a span of just a few years, the functionality of the Fairlight CMI - which originally cost tens of thousands of dollars - was supplanted by home musicians on an Ensoniq EP16/ASR-10 for under $2000. Technology seemed to change at a blistering pace back in the 80's - it was almost magical.

Nowadays, I look at what I can do in Reason alone and SMH. Yet we still complain about missing features! LMAO :lol:

Back on topic: I own Pigments 3 and I'm signed up for Arturia's notifications, yet I never received one email about this crossgrade deal. :( :? :thumbs_down:
My first HD i bought costs something from 300-500€ and had a capacity of 20MB (MB!!! not GB). Today you have this as a bandwidth for your internet connection per second.

Are you sure you are registered for their emails? I was, but all their spamming made me quit.
Reason12, Win10

• Information