Robotic Bean - Portatron Tape Synthesizer (VST3)

Discuss VST stuff here!
EnochLight

26 Nov 2023

buddard wrote:
25 Nov 2023
EnochLight wrote:
24 Nov 2023
Windows 10 Pro here. Whenever I try to install 1.4, it throws the following error:

ruh_roh_george.JPG

:cry:
If this happens, you have to use Explorer to delete the existing Portatron.vst3, then run the installer again.
Thanks - that did the trick!

*Edit - saw on this page that you replaced the installer, so I redownloaded it. Either way, I'm good to go! Thanks for adding multi-out! My only complaint is that I would have preferred to have the effects also on the multi-out, giving the user the choice to mute them or not. Some of them really make the preset, so getting them dry in the multi-out ruins the sound.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

moneykube

26 Nov 2023

buddard wrote:
25 Nov 2023
the core concept behind this device is to center it around a single tape motor and playhead that are modulated in different ways, which makes all the tracks glue together in a very nice and organic way. 😊 So the features we’re looking into right now are more in line with this concept.
more updates... awesome :!:
thank you for continuing to upgrade this great VST
I had a blast last night playing with the Colors vol 02.portapack :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

buddard
RE Developer

27 Nov 2023

EnochLight wrote:
26 Nov 2023
My only complaint is that I would have preferred to have the effects also on the multi-out, giving the user the choice to mute them or not. Some of them really make the preset, so getting them dry in the multi-out ruins the sound.
But the effects are send effects common to all the channels (i e all the channel sends are mixed together before going into each effect unit), so you would hear the effects from all the tracks on every individual bus -- Which I don't think anybody wants?

Also, the effect outs are available as separate buses.

buddard
RE Developer

30 Nov 2023

By the way we've released Portatron 1.4.1.

There was an issue in Bitwig (and possibly other hosts as well) where songs that used preset or portapack samples would not load correctly (the samples would be seen as "missing") after restarting the host.

That is all taken care of now and the update can be downloaded here.

Arpeg
Competition Winner

01 Dec 2023

Thank you for update although I had no problem with this issue using R12.7d3 - WIN 10 x64

Arpeg
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2024

Could you possibly quantize Locators 1-2-3 and Return to Zero. Add more locators and increase the BARS count up to 8?
I'm using your Sequences player which works very well for all my needs above and without using Reason's track sequencer it's highly useful for on the fly moments of inspiration/ideas for how my track will finally play out.
For anyone not sure how to use the Sequences player with the device then just turn off 'Return To Zero On Bar' or 'ON BAR' button on Portatron and use Sequences as usual (default loop playback)
So, as I can do it through Sequences but I had to fiddle around and work that out which is good n' fun I guess but would save time if it was on Portatron itself.

I like this device a lot. Superb work on this I just want more from it but I get what I need through Sequences, so no big issue whatsoever

Easy

• Information