Accusonus - to be no more

Discuss VST stuff here!
Popey
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2022

Recently read Accusonus are no longer going to be making plugins. Apparently if you have an account with them you can download all their vocal products.

I never created an account even though I have voice leveller and regroover but thought I would mention this if some have an account with them.

jam-s

15 Mar 2022

Looks like they got bought by Meta/Facebook, now: https://www.reuters.com/technology/face ... 022-02-01/

Loque

15 Mar 2022

They were flying completely under my radar...
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2022

Loque wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2022
They were flying completely under my radar...
Yeah to be fair I think I got the vsts from them free from plugin boutique and never used them.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2022

Yeah. I like Accusonus stuff too.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

joeyluck

16 Mar 2022

So I had a couple ERA4 plugins and was able to download the ERA6 bundle. They make 4, 5, and 6 available... Not sure why people wouldn't just grab ERA6, unless earlier bundles are just available for compatibility reasons?

DaveyG

16 Mar 2022

Good riddance to them as far as I am concerned. Their copy protection has a second layer where it needs to "phone home" after some weeks, even if you have installed it offline. Something went wrong with that process leaving me with a plugin that would no longer work because it had suddenly become unauthorized and could not be reauthorized by their server. Their tech support were very, very unhelpful. In the end I used an illegal copy of Regroover to finish the job then uninstalled all things Accusonus and vowed never to touch their stuff again.

It's fine that sometimes things don't go according to plan but they really didn't seem to care about helping. So good riddance!

madmacman

16 Mar 2022

joeyluck wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022
So I had a couple ERA4 plugins and was able to download the ERA6 bundle. They make 4, 5, and 6 available... Not sure why people wouldn't just grab ERA6, unless earlier bundles are just available for compatibility reasons?
Yes, but I don't think the products are freeware now. It is not announced like that anywhere. It is rather the case that you already have to have an account to enter the download area. And there you can also find the more recent versions. My guess: as a gesture to the paying customers to simplify the phase-out a bit.

There are also no more updates and sometime in the future the plugins won't work anymore - maybe sooner, maybe later.

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2022

madmacman wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022
16 Mar 2022
Yes, but I don't think the products are freeware now. It is not announced like that anywhere. It is rather the case that you already have to have an account to enter the download area. And there you can also find the more recent versions. My guess: as a gesture to the paying customers to simplify the phase-out a bit.

There are also no more updates and sometime in the future the plugins won't work anymore - maybe sooner, maybe later.
Mmm kinda feel bad for posting this should they not be freeware. That was certainly the impression I got from the post I read. However I thought I would re read the post and it has been taken down so not sure what that means.

I certainly posted this in good faith thinking they had been changed to freeware due to them no longer making plugins.

madmacman

16 Mar 2022

Popey wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022
Mmm kinda feel bad for posting this should they not be freeware. That was certainly the impression I got from the post I read. However I thought I would re read the post and it has been taken down so not sure what that means.

I certainly posted this in good faith thinking they had been changed to freeware due to them no longer making plugins.
Naah, all is good. *hug*

I don't know more than others - that was just my impression after reading the announcements and looking into my account.

joeyluck

16 Mar 2022

This is from the FAQ:

https://support.accusonus.com/hc/en-us/ ... 372-F-A-Q-

I have a perpetual license, what's going to happen?

We will sunset the ERA Bundle product line early next year. Until that date we will only be releasing compatibility updates and offer email support to existing customers.

As a perpetual license owner of ERA 5 and/or ERA 6 you will still be able to use your products without any issues, same as before.

You can simply download and run the latest ERA Bundle installer. This will give you a perpetual license to the product!
Those last couple sentences aren't completely clear. But yeah, I think it's to simplify things. Among other things they need to phase out, managing licenses is probably one of them.

Not sure what Meta's plans are for the plugins, but they may be made available through them like the spatial plugins by Two Big Ears, which became Facebook 360 Spatial Workstation. Or they might be used in the background to clean up everybody's crappy audio in the metaverse?

adfielding

18 Mar 2022

I picked up their beatmaking bundle a while ago at a crazy discount as I happened to have a lite version of Regroover or something, I mainly grabbed it for Regroover Pro and Rhythmiq but ended up using Beatformer way, WAY more than I was expecting. Such a useful, quick little tool. Sad to hear they've been bought by Meta, but glad I grabbed that when I had the chance.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2022

16 Mar 2022
madmacman wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022

Can someone explain this for me. I've got Regroover Essential as well as Era4 De-esser and Voice Leveller. I downloaded the Era6 bundle and installed it and all of them are working in Reason. No license codes asked for. Am I missing something here? A mistake or what?
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Popey
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2022

MrFigg wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2022
16 Mar 2022

Can someone explain this for me. I've got Regroover Essential as well as Era4 De-esser and Voice Leveller. I downloaded the Era6 bundle and installed it and all of them are working in Reason. No license codes asked for. Am I missing something here? A mistake or what?
I have no idea. Saw a post saying they can be downloaded free but then that post was removed from the forum I read it on. Seems like they are available if you have an account but not sure if they have made them free for all or just put the installers up for those that own the products.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2022

20 Mar 2022
MrFigg wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2022

I have no idea. Saw a post saying they can be downloaded free but then that post was removed from the forum I read it on. Seems like they are available if you have an account but not sure if they have made them free for all or just put the installers up for those that own the products.
Found this so it does seem to be a thing.
https://thebeatcommunity.com/2022/03/10 ... t-holders/
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 May 2022

Just got around to trying these plugins. Maaaaaaaan do they introduce serious latency. Anybody know how to fix that? Joey?
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

joeyluck

03 May 2022

Most of them are intended to be used in post or the mixing stage because of the amount of processing. The only one I would really want to use live is the voice changer, but yeah even that has a lot of latency.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 May 2022

03 May 2022
Most of them are intended to be used in post or the mixing stage because of the amount of processing. The only one I would really want to use live is the voice changer, but yeah even that has a lot of latency.
Thanks for the answer. Yeah, the voice changer is one of the good ones.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

• Information