MAAT FiDef JENtwo - Psychoacoustic Processor

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

10 Mar 2022

Anybody using this and can explain what it does exactly?

www.maat.digital/fidef/
FiDef® by FideliQuest is a very low amplitude, psychoacoustic stimulus designed specifically for audio engineers. It makes a receptive brain relax and pay closer attention to an incoming audio stimulus. In brain physiology laboratory tests using functional neuroimaging techniques, FiDef has proven to excite brain activity related to perception and attention, and to enhance the subjective processes of listening and engagement.

Available for all major plug-in formats, including VST 2, VST 3 and AAX native for macOS and Windows plus Audio Units for macOS, FiDef is a patented, 64 bit audio processor like no other. Brain science takes the lead in this subconscious signal generator that compels the listening to lean in and…engage!
The interface is super basic and only offers the option to choose between profiles...

FiDef JENtwo provide five profiles, each for a different effect. To make it easier to mentally map each Profile to something less abstract and more intuitive, you can rename them to taste…
  • TRUCKN: subtle sweetening (the default)
  • TRUCKN HUSH: a lower perceived amplitude version of TRUCKN for widely dynamic content
  • SUTRO: draws your attention to frequencies above 8 kHz, resulting in a widened soundstage with accentuation of transient detail
  • RESNO: points the listener toward the upper mids, resulting in added texture to vocals and other instruments
  • EVOSE: with warm forwardness, this Profile builds on RESNO and turns it up to 11
I've given it a quick try and can only tell a small difference scrolling through profiles. Sometimes sounds slightly brighter...sometimes I hear what sounds like a bit of noise added. I'm not sure what I should be hearing. There's no demos or videos on their site.................

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2022

That link you posted takes me to the checkout for Verifone (whatever that is.)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

10 Mar 2022

MrFigg wrote:
10 Mar 2022
Hmmm... weird. I get the same thing. If I copy and paste the link into a new tab, it works.

I think maybe the forum is doing something weird because it doesn't like the ".digital" domain name?

If I use a URL shortener, it works: shorturl.at/kmrE4

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2022

joeyluck wrote:
10 Mar 2022
MrFigg wrote:
10 Mar 2022
Hmmm... weird. I get the same thing. If I copy and paste the link into a new tab, it works.

I think maybe the forum is doing something weird because it doesn't like the ".digital" domain name?

If I use a URL shortener, it works: shorturl.at/kmrE4
Yeah. I got there when I copied and pasted it. $99 for something which might do something. Hmm
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information