VST error message without a VST error

Discuss VST stuff here!
doctordisaster

02 Mar 2022

This is so dumb, but so irritating. I copied a reason file from my desktop to my laptop so I can take it along for a performance, and it works fine, but whenever I open the file, I get an alert telling me I don't have a VST installed. Not only is the VST installed, but the project will play it just fine. I just want it to stop popping an alert every time I open the file. It's gonna be a real rock star moment when the applause dies down and a windows error noise suddenly blasts over the PA.

My only guess as to what might cause the error is that the reason file itself is saved at a different location on the laptop than it was on the desktop. The VST is in c:/program files/vstplugins on both, but if Reason is checking for the VST using a relative rather than an absolute path reference when it opens, its own changed location could be the cause. I'm off to poke around in my reason file with a hex editor, so wish me luck.

Loque

02 Mar 2022

Does it say which VST is missing?
Reason12, Win10

doctordisaster

02 Mar 2022

Yeah, it's Arturia's ARP2600 V3. The instrument plays in the track just fine, Reason is just having a moment of existential crisis when I initially load the file.

• Information