Arturia - _efx FRAGMENTS

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

01 Mar 2022

New granular effect by Arturia:
Creative sound reshaper

Efx FRAGMENTS is a software effect that allows you to divide, transform, and rebuild any sound by unlocking the power of granular processing. Instantly elevate any project with glitchy stutters, grainy stereo ambience, experimental textures, and beyond.
https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... s/overview

jam-s

01 Mar 2022

So, basically Buffre meets neutron or grain with a fancy UI from Arturia?

Loque

01 Mar 2022

The UI looks like a freeware experiment.

If it's based on Pigments, i am not that much interested, because that engine sounds and feels boring.

Since Fritz i am pretty sattled with granular fx and it's way cheaper. Until yet, nothing had beaten Fritz.
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

01 Mar 2022

If you own the FX collection, you can cross-grade for 29€. Still a pass for me as I'm also equipped with plenty granular FX and synths.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2022

Fritz and Torsion.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Kilsane

02 Mar 2022

I find it very similar to Output Portal, really a lot of similarity in operation, effects...

mimidancer

06 Mar 2022

I see most of you have passed on this plug-in. But I really love it. modulation is a breeze. The GUI is clean and the automation animations make it easy to see what you are hearing. Like an easier-to-use Clouds, or Beads if you are a later adopter. For sure worth $29 IMO.

Loque

06 Mar 2022

mimidancer wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2022
I see most of you have passed on this plug-in. But I really love it. modulation is a breeze. The GUI is clean and the automation animations make it easy to see what you are hearing. Like an easier-to-use Clouds, or Beads if you are a later adopter. For sure worth $29 IMO.
I still think this one is better and its cheaper too:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ion/fritz/
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2022

Loque wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2022
06 Mar 2022
Yep. Fritz.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

mimidancer

07 Mar 2022

MrFigg wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2022
Loque wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2022

Yep. Fritz.
I have not tried fritz. TBH I have had trouble finding the reason shop since Reason plus went live. It is hidden away. One would think they might put a link to it on the Reson plus companion. I have used Clouds for like 5 years. I also use emergence vst. I like both. Fragments like anything new gets different results. I like pitch shifting to a mode. I think that was a nice touch.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2022

07 Mar 2022
06 Mar 2022

Yep. Fritz.
I have not tried fritz. TBH I have had trouble finding the reason shop since Reason plus went live. It is hidden away. One would think they might put a link to it on the Reson plus companion. I have used Clouds for like 5 years. I also use emergence vst. I like both. Fragments like anything new gets different results. I like pitch shifting to a mode. I think that was a nice touch.
Actually, now I think about it, I used Uhbik-G for a good long time.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

mimidancer

07 Mar 2022

07 Mar 2022
07 Mar 2022

Does Frits pitch shift to a scale?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2022

07 Mar 2022
07 Mar 2022

Don’t actually know. Never read the manual. Usually just put my guitar through it and twiddle knobs until I get a cool sound :).
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

mimidancer

14 Mar 2022

07 Mar 2022
07 Mar 2022

Don’t actually know. Never read the manual. Usually just put my guitar through it and twiddle knobs until I get a cool sound :).
In Fragments, the pitch shifting and be quantized to a mode. It is quite musical.

• Information