Exporting songs containing EW Opus

Discuss VST stuff here!
StojSnak

Post 02 Jan 2022

Hi,
I recently bought EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition and have been using it as a VST in reason for a bit. Loading and using the instruments in Reason works without any problems. I'm running the latest version of Reason 12.
However, when it comes to exporting a song, Reason is extremely slow - exporting a track with a few instances of Opus in it takes hours!
Also, if there are other non-Opus instruments, they tend to crash during the export.

I've previously used EW Play (the Opus predecessor) with Reason without any problems.

I've tried exporting the midi and recreating one of the problematic tracks in Reaper using the same Opus-patches and it rendered the whole thing in a couple of seconds. So I suspect this to be a problem in how Reason deals with the VST but don't really know.
Any ideas of what's causing this or how to fix it?

All the best and happy new year,
Niels

jam-s

Post 03 Jan 2022

If I remember correctly there is some issue with the disc streaming option and offline rendering with those VSTs. You could try if changing some settings in the options related to this (streaming or multicore) of the VST helps.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace. ... Pool's closed due to corona.

StojSnak

Post 03 Jan 2022

jam-s wrote:
03 Jan 2022
If I remember correctly there is some issue with the disc streaming option and offline rendering with those VSTs. You could try if changing some settings in the options related to this (streaming or multicore) of the VST helps.
Awesome. Thanks!
I fiddled around a bit with the preferences in Opus and it actually seems to have fixed the problem.
I set the 'Never Preload' in Streaming off and the 'Voice Render Threads' to Maximum and I was able to render my track in a few minutes!

Thank you so much!

Cheers,
Niels

• Information