Thoughts on Arcade by Output?

Discuss VST stuff here!
WarStar

23 Nov 2021

I have a ton of samples and don't mind adjusting pitch or stretching in Reason but any Arcade users out there that have any thoughts on it good or bad? Is it a work-flow thing? Or what about the monthly samples provided in subscription?

Thanks!

jaeproduced

23 Nov 2021

You have to be online to use Arcade so that's a NO Go for me especially being mobile I don't always have access to high speed wifi...

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2021

I am not usually interested in anything subscription based but have used arcade as anything used in a track works when unsubcribed(you just cannot tweak it). I found myself liking it for vocal samples and some of the packs are quite good but others were not my cup of tea. Think it is worth trying it for a bit to see if it is for you (not sure if they offer a trial as it is so long since I first tried it)

DaveyG

24 Nov 2021

I tried it and didn't really see the point. It's just a bunch of samples and loops with some pre-set ways to manipulate them mapped across keys: stutter, reverse, glitch etc.

It's all in a very easy and groovy interface but ultimately you can do the same thing with other tools and you'll probably end up with something more unique to you. Lots of the sample packs are very generic and unoriginal. Given that it's a subscription you can probably do more for less money elsewhere. YMMV.

selig
RE Developer

24 Nov 2021

I got a year of arcade free when one of my orders from Output for hardware was delayed (great customer service, BTW). I can see such a service, and the one from Reason+ as well, to be super useful for someone having to crank out music on a weekly or daily basis, where quality is more important (and deadlines) than quality. Over the past year i’ve only been inspired to check out the offerings a few times, and maybe made the start of one or two songs with sounds from a package.
Like with the Reason+ offering, it seems to sit in a weird place between being too general for creating your own sound, while also being too specific to be that original. I would more likely take one sound/sample of the offering per pack and twist it into something I could use than to use entire packs for song creation. As such, I can already twist the factory sound banks into my own sounds as easily as any other source, so it’s not really filling a gap for me. But others find such services extremely useful, so it’s down to personal preference as always!
Selig Audio, LLC

BananaSkins

24 Nov 2021

selig wrote:
24 Nov 2021
I got a year of arcade free when one of my orders from Output for hardware was delayed (great customer service, BTW). I can see such a service, and the one from Reason+ as well, to be super useful for someone having to crank out music on a weekly or daily basis, where quality is more important (and deadlines) than quality. Over the past year i’ve only been inspired to check out the offerings a few times, and maybe made the start of one or two songs with sounds from a package.
Like with the Reason+ offering, it seems to sit in a weird place between being too general for creating your own sound, while also being too specific to be that original. I would more likely take one sound/sample of the offering per pack and twist it into something I could use than to use entire packs for song creation. As such, I can already twist the factory sound banks into my own sounds as easily as any other source, so it’s not really filling a gap for me. But others find such services extremely useful, so it’s down to personal preference as always!
Quantity…you mean…

selig
RE Developer

24 Nov 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
24 Nov 2021
selig wrote:
24 Nov 2021
Quantity…you mean…
Indeed - I stand corrected (auto)...
Selig Audio, LLC

WarStar

25 Nov 2021

Thanks y'all....

I think I'll pass then lol

• Information