Track Spacer - Black Friday sale

Discuss VST stuff here!
raymondh

21 Nov 2021

This excellent plugin is on sale for 39 Euro.

Great for sidechaining kick to bass without the pumping effect of using a compressor, helping vocals cut through a dense mix etc.

https://www.wavesfactory.com/audio-plugins/trackspacer/

dvdrtldg

21 Nov 2021

Been on the fence with this one for a while. I usually use Oeksound Soothe for dynamic EQ sidechaining, anyone done a comparison?

raymondh

21 Nov 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Nov 2021
Been on the fence with this one for a while. I usually use Oeksound Soothe for dynamic EQ sidechaining, anyone done a comparison?
There are a couple of Youtube videos comparing them. Soothe looks much more powerful/versatile than Track Spacer, with a price tag to match.

dvdrtldg

21 Nov 2021

Yep Soothe is one of those genuine game changer plugins. Expensive, but goes on sale from time to time

The simple UI of Trackspacer is really attractive to me, but I guess I don't need it unless it has some unexpected tricks up its sleeve. I'll check out some videos

Noise
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2021

Maybe this will be of some utility to someone, but ACON Digital is having a sale of their plugin DeFilter, por 29€ in Pluginboutique.

Link: https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 2-DeFilter

I don't think this has a function of a sideChain frequency remover, in spite having a bunch of 'input audio' enabled, still checking the manual.
'DeFilter is an efficient tool to even out tonal imbalances in a recording or reduce resonant peaks or dips in the frequency spectrum.'
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

adfielding

22 Nov 2021

I really really like TrackSpacer - I tend to use it when I need individual elements to pop through a mix (drum hits & vocals, usually) and it works magnificently.

craste

22 Nov 2021

I have Trackspacer too - really simple to understand and use and it looks fab too!

Well worth a buy as its on sale.

danc

23 Nov 2021

Trackspacer is MY GOTO for drums on every tune I create. Essential mixing tool.

Personally - I see them as very different tools for different jobs .
Check my Soundcloud:

BumCuddle

23 Nov 2021

A good little video for more of look

integerpoet

26 Nov 2021

BumCuddle wrote:
23 Nov 2021
I love this guy.

I want a follow-up video for everything he ends up liking:

DID I ACTUALLY INTEGRATE THIS INTO MY STABLE?

This only sort-of does that.

Last edited by integerpoet on 26 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Billy+

26 Nov 2021

integerpoet wrote:
26 Nov 2021
BumCuddle wrote:
23 Nov 2021
I love this guy.

I want a follow-up video for everything he ends up liking:

DID I ACTUALLY INTEGRATE THIS INTO MY STABLE?
I wonder what he would make of Reason for mixing and mastering and how many RE's he would consider snake oil? Maybe James should hit him up with a free license like he did that other guy that got a single mention for the acid challenge.

integerpoet

26 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
26 Nov 2021
I wonder what (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFgUBK ... yVh1e_AS8Q) would make of Reason for mixing and mastering and how many RE's he would consider snake oil? Maybe James should hit him up with a free license like he did that other guy that got a single mention for the acid challenge.
Do you mean like actually use the DAW as opposed to the RRP?

I have no idea how to motivate him, and it would take him a longer time to do this than his usual videos, but I would love it.

It would be best without any reference to any VST. (Not that I hate VST, but the rest of his channel covers VST already.)

Billy+

26 Nov 2021

integerpoet wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
26 Nov 2021
I wonder what (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFgUBK ... yVh1e_AS8Q) would make of Reason for mixing and mastering and how many RE's he would consider snake oil? Maybe James should hit him up with a free license like he did that other guy that got a single mention for the acid challenge.

I have no idea how to motivate him, and it would take him a longer time to do this than his usual videos, but I would love it.

It would be best without any reference to any VST. (Not that I hate VST, but the rest of his channel covers VST already.)
Either way I guess RRP is vst or standalone it doesn't matter as the actual devices are the same.

He's got a larger audience, his videos get more hits in a day than Reason videos get in a month

integerpoet

26 Nov 2021

Billy+ wrote:
26 Nov 2021
integerpoet wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Either way I guess RRP is vst or standalone it doesn't matter as the actual devices are the same.
True enough, but I suspect it would be more difficult to convince him to spend time mixing and mastering inside the RRP jail ignoring the host DAW. That would be a weird video.

Billy+

26 Nov 2021

integerpoet wrote:
26 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote:
26 Nov 2021

True enough, but I suspect it would be more difficult to convince him to spend time mixing and mastering inside the RRP jail ignoring the host DAW. That would be a weird video.
Given the amount of mentions he gets on here and the amount of views on YouTube I'm thinking it would be harder to convince James to hand over a license as we already know his views on subscription :thumbup:

• Information