Korg Prophecy ... Holy Forksticks!!!

Discuss VST stuff here!
avasopht
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2021

Had this since launch and had used it here and there ...

But today I finally realized what all the fuss was about ...

Oh ... my ... goddddddd ...

Can this thing beef up a track!

It slides right up in there and gives me a faaat bass while raining heavy across the whole spectrum.

Neighbours must think I've kidnapped Timbaland or something!!!

miyaru

15 Nov 2021

17 years ago I had the real hardware,,,,,,, On a silly day I sold it again....... yup stupid. And man fat they are!!!! :thumbup:
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

joeyluck

27 Apr 2022

Just a heads up that this just received an update :)
Version 1.1.0
  • [PC/Mac] VST3 format support.
  • [Mac] Native Apple Silicon support.
  • [PC/Mac] The sound engine has been improved to more closely resemble the original hardware.
I thought it was pretty damn spot on before, but I can tell the difference with the latest improvement. It has been many years since I played my hardware Prophecy.

The wind instruments in particular seem to play better now IMO.

joeyluck

01 Jul 2022

Another update! :thumbup:

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/a ... 9-Prophecy
Version 1.5.0
  • [PC/Mac] You will get 180 new sounds. Open your browser and access the V1.5 bank.
  • [PC/Mac] Output Gain parameter is added in the Global settings. The default value is 3 dB.
  • [PC/Mac] The synthesizer engine, including the physical modeling engine, has been further refined and adjusted to more closely resemble the original hardware.
https://www.korg.com/us/news/2022/0701/
KORG Collection - Prophecy, a legendary physical modeling synthesizer developed with the aim of offering freedom of expression beyond analog synthesizers and unprecedented sound creation possibilities, has evolved even further in its expressive capabilities. In version 1.5, the quirks of the hardware Prophecy can now be expressed even more precisely thanks to deeper creative input from the brilliant minds in the original Prophecy development team.

Version 1.5 also adds 180 new programs. This unique sound collection brings out the individuality of the Prophecy, ranging from fresh, software-only sounds to those that pay homage to the original Prophecy and pushes monophonic sound design to all new levels. Please enjoy the new programs created with the participation of the original Prophecy sound designers.
These new patches are really good! And there's so many of them! A lot of excellent polyphonic ones in there. And the further engine refinement... :clap:

• Information