E-mail from RS - Waves BERZERK Distortion for Free

Discuss VST stuff here!
dan_g

10 Nov 2021

Just got this E-mail from RS:
berzerk.PNG
berzerk.PNG (53.28 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
https://www.reasonstudios.com/waves-ber ... -2021-main

maybe this is intressting to some of you.

BR,
Daniel
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Rising Night Wave

10 Nov 2021

thanks. i just dled it and activated. thank you again.
quite interesting device, hehe. i just tried it a bit. not bad at all.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Loque

10 Nov 2021

This thing is not bad. I probably now have my 3rd free license of it... This thing would be very nice as a RE.
Reason12, Win10

dvdrtldg

10 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
10 Nov 2021
This thing is not bad. I probably now have my 3rd free license of it... This thing would be very nice as a RE.
What's the use of more than one license? So you can upgrade the new one for free within the next 12 months?

Really like Berzerk, Waves offered it for free when it was first released

jam-s

10 Nov 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
10 Nov 2021
Loque wrote:
10 Nov 2021
What's the use of more than one license? So you can upgrade the new one for free within the next 12 months?

Really like Berzerk, Waves offered it for free when it was first released
That's one of the benefits. Another one is to use the plugin on more than one machine after the upgrade plan has expired.

miscend

10 Nov 2021

Thanks to RS! They just gave me another year of WUP.

Faastwalker

11 Nov 2021

Nice freebie from Waves :thumbup:

Loque

11 Nov 2021

miscend wrote:
10 Nov 2021
No one forces you to get the freebie. And i hope you can unsubscribe to Waves spam emails.

I also think its better to buy their stuff instead of upgrading, because its way cheaper...if you really, really need their stuff.
Reason12, Win10

dan_g

11 Nov 2021

i think you don't need to use the waves update Plan. i got a few plugins from waves and nerver updated the plan. still all my stuff works.
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

miscend

11 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
11 Nov 2021
miscend wrote:
10 Nov 2021
No one forces you to get the freebie. And i hope you can unsubscribe to Waves spam emails.

I also think its better to buy their stuff instead of upgrading, because its way cheaper...if you really, really need their stuff.
That's right. It's cheaper to buy bundle updates during a sale than pay for a year's WUP. I had a free copy of Berserk that's at v11, this freebie allows me to update to v13 (even though Waves treat them like separate licenses), so I'm quite happy.

joeyluck

11 Nov 2021

In terms of the Waves update plan, newer versions of Waves plugins work the opposite for me. In order to install newer versions, it prompts me my OS version is not supported and I need to update my OS. So I'm not sure how paying them for an update plan will keep things working on my computer... I've updated macOS a few times since starting to use Waves plugins, and as it just so happens, the older versions continue to work after I update the OS.

Them updating plugins, like any dev, to work on newer OS's (without adding features) should be included. Now if they were to continue to develop plugins to receive new features while also continuing to work on older OS's, I could see the value in that.

Gardinski

11 Nov 2021

That's interesting... Has everyone received this email from RS? I don't seem to have it. Wondering if it was something that you had to opt into.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2021

Gardinski wrote:
11 Nov 2021
That's interesting... Has everyone received this email from RS? I don't seem to have it. Wondering if it was something that you had to opt into.
Are you signed up to their newsletter?
My Account
Settings

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and check the newsletter box.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Gardinski

11 Nov 2021

MrFigg wrote:
11 Nov 2021
Gardinski wrote:
11 Nov 2021
Are you signed up to their newsletter?
My Account
Settings
Yep. I get quite a lot of bumph from them, but not this one apparently. How bizarre. (Looks quite handy too.)

joeyluck

11 Nov 2021

Gardinski wrote:
11 Nov 2021
Try searching the following:

Subject: FREE Waves Plugin: Berserk Abnormal Distortion

But perhaps this link will work for you?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/waves-berzerk

Gardinski

12 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
11 Nov 2021
Gardinski wrote:
11 Nov 2021
Try searching the following:

Subject: FREE Waves Plugin: Berserk Abnormal Distortion

But perhaps this link will work for you?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/waves-berzerk
Thanks Joey, that's very thoughtful of you. Strangely, the email still hasn't shown up, whatever search terms I use, and that link just takes me to a page which says ''A unique redemption code is on its way to your inbox.''

Maybe RS is split-testing, and only sending the offer to half the list for reasons best known to themselves. Honestly - it really doesn't matter, because there are so many great distortion units already available to us I don't especially need another - but I really do appreciate your kindness in trying to help. Cheers. :thumbup:

Gardinski

12 Nov 2021

Haha - And now, out of the blue, it's arrived (after a slight delay, I think. Probably just the CIA or MI5 vetting my emails... AGAIN.)

Looks like clicking that link you gave me did in fact work after all, Joey. Many thanks. :P

joeyluck

12 Nov 2021

Gardinski wrote:
12 Nov 2021
Haha - And now, out of the blue, it's arrived (after a slight delay, I think. Probably just the CIA or MI5 vetting my emails... AGAIN.)

Looks like clicking that link you gave me did in fact work after all, Joey. Many thanks. :P
Ok cool. Glad it worked! Must've been automatic if you were already logged in? It looks like the OP posted a slightly different link, if that's helpful to others.

Gardinski

12 Nov 2021

joeyluck wrote:
12 Nov 2021

Ok cool. Glad it worked! Must've been automatic if you were already logged in? It looks like the OP posted a slightly different link, if that's helpful to others.
I couldn't say for sure whether it was your link or the OP's (Dan_g) which did the trick, because I clicked both... but we know at least one of them worked, so I'm grateful to you both. :puf_bigsmile:

dan_g

13 Nov 2021

glad I could provide somethig that not everyone has gotten in their mail. if its a "freebie" everyone should have the chance to get it.

I already used it in some projects. does great things on my bass bus in my "phat rack". I really like how subtle it can be.

• Information