SplitEQ by Eventide

Discuss VST stuff here!
Billy+

09 Nov 2021

https://www.eventideaudio.com/plug-ins/spliteq/

More than a Great-Sounding EQ

SplitEQ™ is a groundbreaking EQ that offers a fundamentally new approach to corrective and creative audio equalization. It excels at Repairing, Rebalancing, Enhancing, and Widening any musical source or audio signal. SplitEQ is both a surgical tool for fixing particularly nasty problems and a creative tool as it opens up exciting new musical possibilities. More than just an EQ — It’s a new and better tool.

At first glance, it’s a parametric EQ with 8-bands of precise musical filters. What’s new and different is Eventide’s powerful Structural Split engine which divides the incoming audio into separate Transient and Tonal streams that feed the 8 bands. This approach makes common EQ problems easy to solve—even in a complex mix.

Want to soften the transients? Use the master Transient Gain slider.
Remove plosives or de-ess? EQ only the Transient.
Reduce snare ring? Put a filter on the Tonal mids.
By applying EQ and panning to Transient and Tonal separately, you can fix many of the problems normally attacked using complex combinations of EQ, compression, transient designers, de-essers, multi-band compression, spatial processors, or dynamic EQ. Simplify and declutter your workflow, get better results, and create new sounds.
IMG_2869.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG (183.55 KiB) Viewed 326 times

Yet another EQ, but this one is definitely more interesting than the last load I've looked at what do you all think about it and Eventide in general (I nearly swapped from izotope) this might just be another good reason.

Creativemind

09 Nov 2021

Looks really good this. Very nice approach.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Benedict
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2021

I hate the marketing approach, esp from a (supposedly) venerable company like Eventide - like they are Splice. This just seems to pander to the lowest common denominator. I guess that appeals to many as it makes it seem more related to them but using such a horrible singer?!? It is the fashion of the day so maybe I should simply say nothing.

This video is far better as it is focusing on the facts, not creepy emotive mis-marketing. The examples are interesting. The vocal seems to end up seeming rather electronically processed (like AutoTuned) by the end. I get how that is the "it" sound but I worry if an EQ is making those sorts of changes. Not that I am a purist (being a synthesist and all) just that if it sounds like that, is the process really in-keeping with audio production or doing damage??

The concept is interesting. I don't think I can tell if I will like it or not without trying, which is hard when today someone chose to pressure wash the apartment complex...

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Benedict
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2021

Watching this (in dreaded headphones)...

...and I must say that while he gets the outcomes he says he is getting, they sound un-natural. Very modern Hipster-Retrowave but not transparent or broadly musical. The vocal does tidy up, but it sounds a mess to start with - but typical of things you get from Upwork etc.

Ooh the bit at the end about how emulations of 1176s are boring I agree with. This is a new idea and that is something. Maybe there is a way to use it without immediately sounding like an attempted Drako Del Swift clone?

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information