Sugar Bytes - Nest

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2021

New one from Sugar Bytes!
What is Nest
Nest is a modular sequencer. It offers all kinds of modules to generate and process triggers and numbers. You can build highly complex sequencing environments with the aim to produce music with a life of its own.

Nest is equipped with resemblings of classical, transistor based integrated circuits like Shift Registers or Multiplexers, plus programming tools like the if/else and math modules. Also a writable Sequencer and flexible Arpeggiator are onboard, to make life easy when needed.

A clever voice assignment distributes the 8 possible MIDI voices to up to 4 different sound generators like VSTs, internal Synths and Drums or MIDI channels. This can make Nest not only fun when hosting your favorite plugins, you can also use it to drive your hardware park.
https://sugar-bytes.de/nest

DaveyG

23 Oct 2021

I've just spent about an hour with the demo of this and found it utterly bewildering and concluded that it is definitely not for me.
However, I'm 100% sure it will appeal to some of the regulars on here. It's powerful but complicated.

Loque

23 Oct 2021

I saw this a few days ago and thought: "Man, i like weird and complicated stuff, but wth shall i do with that and where should i start?" This UI has nothing, that sucks me in and makes me want to play with it.
Reason12, Win10

Mataya

23 Oct 2021

I watched a few videos and it really showed how good this actually is, but yeah, gui is pretty simple but it makes sense.
When it comes to sequencers, I just saw a polymath seq video, but it's for ableton and if you ask me it has everything I wanted in a seq. Too bad I'm not really usimg ableton, but I would start just because of this sweet little seq.

M

Despondo
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2021

Here's a user demoing it for an hour:

slic

04 Nov 2021

I am waiting for this one to come out on iPAD, it seems ideal as an app.

huggermugger

04 Nov 2021

I dig SugarBytes devices, especially getting to know their clever UI's. I own Factory, Aparillo and Obscurium. But Nest seems to have too few visual cues. Maybe some day when I'm bored with VCV and VM.
Last edited by huggermugger on 04 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

BRIGGS

04 Nov 2021

I alweady haz too manys sequercerers!!! :lol:

Looks cool though! :puf_smile:
r11s

• Information