Cherry Audio- Mercury 4

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2021

New one from Cherry Audio.

https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/mercury-4

Meet The Mercury-4
Mercury-4 is a detailed emulation of one of the best-sounding and quirkiest polyphonic synthesizers of the late 1970's, the Roland Jupiter-4. It’s the rarest and most sonically unique of the fabled Jupiter series, and we’ve gone to great lengths to recreate the subtle (and not-so-subtle) nuances and character of this beloved classic. Every aspect of Mercury-4 has been expertly modeled upon a vintage Jupiter-4 originally owned by Greg Hawkes of the legendary 80’s new wave band The Cars, and played on their double-platinum 1981 album Shake It Up. In Greg’s words, Mercury-4 “sounds just like my old Jupiter! It’s nice to have it back.”

The Jupiter-4 had its share of disadvantages, including limited patch storage, just four voices of polyphony, and boat-anchor weight. Cherry Audio’s Mercury-4 improves upon the original’s design by offering 16-voice polyphony, infinite patch storage, velocity sensitivity, MPE support, and much more. We’ve even paired it with a fantastic model of the classic Roland Space Echo tape delay.

tallguy

18 Sep 2021

Tried it. Bought it.

First time I bought anything from Cherry Audio.

StephenHutchinson

18 Sep 2021

Despondo wrote:
16 Sep 2021
New one from Cherry Audio.

https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/mercury-4

Meet The Mercury-4
Mercury-4 is a detailed emulation of one of the best-sounding and quirkiest polyphonic synthesizers of the late 1970's, the Roland Jupiter-4. It’s the rarest and most sonically unique of the fabled Jupiter series, and we’ve gone to great lengths to recreate the subtle (and not-so-subtle) nuances and character of this beloved classic. Every aspect of Mercury-4 has been expertly modeled upon a vintage Jupiter-4 originally owned by Greg Hawkes of the legendary 80’s new wave band The Cars, and played on their double-platinum 1981 album Shake It Up. In Greg’s words, Mercury-4 “sounds just like my old Jupiter! It’s nice to have it back.”

The Jupiter-4 had its share of disadvantages, including limited patch storage, just four voices of polyphony, and boat-anchor weight. Cherry Audio’s Mercury-4 improves upon the original’s design by offering 16-voice polyphony, infinite patch storage, velocity sensitivity, MPE support, and much more. We’ve even paired it with a fantastic model of the classic Roland Space Echo tape delay.

Thanks Despondo for posting this, I likewise downloaded the demo, and bought it 5 minutes later. Fantastic recreation of a Jupiter-4 synth. By the way, I'm just down the way from you in Toronto. :puf_smile:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

Despondo
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2021

StephenHutchinson wrote:
18 Sep 2021
Thanks Despondo for posting this, I likewise downloaded the demo, and bought it 5 minutes later. Fantastic recreation of a Jupiter-4 synth. By the way, I'm just down the way from you in Toronto. :puf_smile:
Right on! I lived in High Park area from 2013 to 2018. Moved up to Ottawa where the winters are colder, but you can at least drive across town in less than 30 minutes. LOL!!!

StephenHutchinson

18 Sep 2021

Despondo wrote:
18 Sep 2021
StephenHutchinson wrote:
18 Sep 2021
Right on! I lived in High Park area from 2013 to 2018. Moved up to Ottawa where the winters are colder, but you can at least drive across town in less than 30 minutes. LOL!!!
Ah yes, High Park, my favourite haunting ground for cherry blossoms and fall colours. I do headshot photography as well as music. I'm in the Bloor and Yonge area of Toronto, and thankfully I don't have to drive in this city. Don Valley Parking Lot anyone? LOL. I was "up" in Ottawa a few years back round this time of year and it was a bit colder, but hey... crisp clean fresh air makes a huge difference! :puf_smile:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

• Information