IK Multimedia 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Get up to 25 products for the price of 1!

Discuss VST stuff here!
Lizard

27 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Nah. The Free stuff didn’t add any JAM points for me.
Bummer. It only did it for my VST but didn't for the Amplitube collections, T-Racks stuff or Sample Libraries.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2021

Lizard wrote:
27 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Nah. The Free stuff didn’t add any JAM points for me.
Bummer. It only did it for my VST but didn't for the Amplitube collections, T-Racks stuff or Sample Libraries.
Which VST? The one you actually paid for right?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lizard

27 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Lizard wrote:
27 Aug 2021

Which VST? The one you actually paid for right?
I upgraded my Amplitube from 4 to 5. Had some JamPoints around $55. I applied the maximum and it brought down to $145. With my free products I upgraded from Sample Tank 3 to 4 and got the SampleTron 2. Also got a couple of the Amplitube collections I didn't have. After registering them I was back up to $54. It says I received $10 for Amplitube, $5 for ARC System upgrade but then I have another that says $30 Gift Points. ??? Not sure why the gift points. Thought others may have got it to.

WaxTrax

27 Aug 2021

I received the $30 gift points as well when I registered ST4.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
26 Aug 2021
The Group Buy is in full swing. Things are going so well that, if we reach 10,000 participants by the end of August, we'll extend the Group Buy through September!

That's another whole month to reach the 25th-anniversary goal of 25 products for the price of 1.
Not wanting to be negative but I don’t think it’s going to happen.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Steedus
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2021

Yeah looks like it’ll hit the 8000 mark though. Still pondering… I don’t play much guitar anymore (though I’d still get amplitude 5) but the mixbox, t-racks and sample tank might be nice to have.

Lotuz2019

28 Aug 2021

Only 172 to go to reach 8000 and about 4 days remaining. At normal pace we'll reach 9000, but I'm hoping it will accelerate from now on. If not, I'll still be very happy with all the freebies I got.

Lotuz2019

28 Aug 2021

8000! That's 9 for the price of 1. :-)

client6

28 Aug 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
28 Aug 2021
Yes, it's been a great sale and opportunity to acquire some new gear, even if it doesn't get to 10,000 and extend.

I ended up getting SampleTron 2 with one of the freebies and it has some very nice sounds and capability be mangled. Can't wait to eventually load my own stuff in there.

Now I just have the horrible problem of having to choose another freebie again...it's between Tape 80, Tape 99, and the Leslie (I ended up playing with it and it is much more advanced than I initially thought).

Hopefully the counter goes up a few more thousand but I'm still thankful if not!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2021

client6 wrote:
28 Aug 2021
Lotuz2019 wrote:
28 Aug 2021
Yes, it's been a great sale and opportunity to acquire some new gear, even if it doesn't get to 10,000 and extend.

I ended up getting SampleTron 2 with one of the freebies and it has some very nice sounds and capability be mangled. Can't wait to eventually load my own stuff in there.

Now I just have the horrible problem of having to choose another freebie again...it's between Tape 80, Tape 99, and the Leslie (I ended up playing with it and it is much more advanced than I initially thought).

Hopefully the counter goes up a few more thousand but I'm still thankful if not!
I’d get the Leslie. The tapes don’t really do much.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

28 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 Aug 2021
client6 wrote:
28 Aug 2021

The tape machine effect is far more subtle than the Leslie, that's for sure. So yes, I'd go for the Leslie too if I could choose only one. Try it together with SampleTron 2.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
28 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
28 Aug 2021

The tape machine effect is far more subtle than the Leslie, that's for sure. So yes, I'd go for the Leslie too if I could choose only one. Try it together with SampleTron 2.
I just got SampleTank and am wondering, if we get another free item, whether to take Sampletron or T-Racks Leslie. I’ve already got the AmpliTube one so it seems a bit overkill.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

client6

28 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 Aug 2021
Lotuz2019 wrote:
28 Aug 2021

I just got SampleTank and am wondering, if we get another free item, whether to take Sampletron or T-Racks Leslie. I’ve already got the AmpliTube one so it seems a bit overkill.
I think Sampletron is a more versatile choice. I didn't even have an interest in it prior to looking at it after some of you all suggested it and of all the freebies I got with the sale so far I have experimented with it the most. Lots of great sounds and potential. I guess it depends on how much you use the rotary effect too.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2021

Without me having to search around for an answer, anybody tell me what the padlock icon on the bottom bar of all the individual T-Racks processors is?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

28 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 Aug 2021
Same story here. I'm looking at the AmpliTube Leslie to see what it has to offer me as I already have T-Racks Leslie. AmpliTube Leslie is interesting, because you can use its amps without its cabinets. I wish T-Racks Leslie would allow you to do that. But overall I prefer to use the T-Racks plugin over AmpliTube. If the Group Buy ends Sep 1, then there still is a whole month to decide which free products to choose, so there's no need to hurry.

Lotuz2019

28 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 Aug 2021
Without me having to search around for an answer, anybody tell me what the padlock icon on the bottom bar of all the individual T-Racks processors is?
The manual says:
3.7 - Lock
If you are running the software in demo mode, and you click on the Lock button, the Authorization Manager will
appear. However, if you already registered and authorized your product, clicking on the Lock button will show
you the product Serial Number.
When I try it, the Product Manager instead of the old Authorization Manager opens.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
28 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
28 Aug 2021
The manual says:
3.7 - Lock
If you are running the software in demo mode, and you click on the Lock button, the Authorization Manager will
appear. However, if you already registered and authorized your product, clicking on the Lock button will show
you the product Serial Number.
Thanks. I’m at work and couldn’t find the manual to download :). I was pretty sure clicking on it opened the Authorizer even though it’s Authorized.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

client6

28 Aug 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
28 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
28 Aug 2021
Same story here. I'm looking at the AmpliTube Leslie to see what it has to offer me as I already have T-Racks Leslie. AmpliTube Leslie is interesting, because you can use its amps without its cabinets. I wish T-Racks Leslie would allow you to do that. But overall I prefer to use the T-Racks plugin over AmpliTube. If the Group Buy ends Sep 1, then there still is a whole month to decide which free products to choose, so there's no need to hurry.
I got the T-Racks version hoping I'd be able to use the amp only like you mentioned, thinking the T-Racks would be more usable and use less resources than Amplitube...but it doesn't seem to do amp only. I don't know how often I can use the Leslie effect lol...it's not exactly subtle (though it does sound great).

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2021

client6 wrote:
28 Aug 2021
Lotuz2019 wrote:
28 Aug 2021

I got the T-Racks version hoping I'd be able to use the amp only like you mentioned, thinking the T-Racks would be more usable and use less resources than Amplitube...but it doesn't seem to do amp only. I don't know how often I can use the Leslie effect lol...it's not exactly subtle (though it does sound great).
Can’t you just brake the horn and drum? That way you disable the rotary effect but the amp is still engaged.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

client6

28 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 Aug 2021
client6 wrote:
28 Aug 2021

Can’t you just brake the horn and drum? That way you disable the rotary effect but the amp is still engaged.
That's what I initially thought and that seems to be correct. I wasn't paying attention to what I tried it out on (my bad)...which was a spacey synth line that too similar to the effect when dry. I just dropped it on something simpler and not modulated and it can be used just the amp.

Lotuz2019

28 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 Aug 2021
client6 wrote:
28 Aug 2021

Nope, the emulation is quite realistic. Try it yourself when you get back home. Turn the brake on and off a couple of times. Look at the angle of the drum. It sounds different at every angle. And the cabinet still colours the sound. It's definitely not the same as just the amp with the cabinet disabled.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2021

client6 wrote:
28 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
28 Aug 2021

That's what I initially thought and that seems to be correct. I wasn't paying attention to what I tried it out on (my bad)...which was a spacey synth line that too similar to the effect when dry. I just dropped it on something simpler and not modulated and it can be used just the amp.
I guess the cabinet will still effect the sound but you can change them.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

client6

29 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 Aug 2021
client6 wrote:
28 Aug 2021

I guess the cabinet will still effect the sound but you can change them.

I e-mailed them to ask if I could exchange it (yes, I know this was my error, not really IK Multimedia's). I have the Hammond B3x and it has the Leslie built-in. I love the way it sounds on an organ but I don't think it is relevant for enough of my work if I can't use it as just an amp. Hopefully they reset it but if not I still got more stuff than I anticipated when I made a purchase.

These group buys are really fun and I wonder how effective of a type of sale it is. Do any other manufacturers do similar type sales? I did the last one also and spent much more than I initially would have (in order to be able to choose other higher cost products as freebies). And I've been happy I did it both times. The MODO series are so good and I probably wouldn't have outright paid for them individually but I absolutely love MODO Drum.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2021

I was busy trying to sort out the contents of 5 or 6 hard drives when I accidentally deleted a synth wave sample tank sound pack I got free ages ago and had just downloaded a few days ago. Guess what, download expired yesterday. I don’t understand what that’s all about with IK. You get to download for 180 days then if you want to download again you need to pay them to reactivate. At the moment I’m downloading the full SampleTank library but the way I’m feeling I won’t even bother installing it.
Lurssen mastering console is great by the way.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

client6

29 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
29 Aug 2021
I was busy trying to sort out the contents of 5 or 6 hard drives when I accidentally deleted a synth wave sample tank sound pack I got free ages ago and had just downloaded a few days ago. Guess what, download expired yesterday. I don’t understand what that’s all about with IK. You get to download for 180 days then if you want to download again you need to pay them to reactivate. At the moment I’m downloading the full SampleTank library but the way I’m feeling I won’t even bother installing it.
Lurssen mastering console is great by the way.
I have a whole separate hard drive for VST backups and the majority of it is IK Multimedia stuff for SampleTank--I just download it right after buying it, install what I want and archive the rest.

• Information