IK Multimedia 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Get up to 25 products for the price of 1!

Discuss VST stuff here!
client6

24 Aug 2021

Shit...I didn't realize you couldn't get some of the collections (I thought it was just the Electromagnetik).

I bought Amplitube 5 for 139.99 (after using 60 JamPoints) and so far have gotten
1 - Comprexxor
2 - Space Delay
3 - Sunset Reverb
4 - Syntronik Deluxe (as an upgrade because I already had the standard).
5 - Tape Machine 440 (I thought I could get all of them initially...which tapes are everyone's favorites??)

6 - ?? what should I get?? I tried to demo the tapes but i am not going to have enough free time to do a lot of A/B on them. As mentioned above I've gotten Modo Bass, Modo Drum, HammondB3x, T-RACKS 5 Max, and Total Studio Max 2, and Alternative Keys (which is awesome) in other group buys/deals. I tried the Leslie and don't use that effect that much and have some other options covering that already. The Electromagnetik Collection is what initially got me interested but I can only get one of them, probably the Stage 73 Mark V.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks for the advice on the reverb--been playing with it and really like it already.

Thanks!

Lotuz2019

25 Aug 2021

The Sunset Sound Studio Reverb sure is nice.
client6 wrote:
24 Aug 2021
5 - Tape Machine 440 (I thought I could get all of them initially...which tapes are everyone's favorites??)
The 80 and the 440 have the most noticable sound and character imo, so that's why I got those first.

Lizard

25 Aug 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
24 Aug 2021
WaxTrax wrote:
23 Aug 2021
I wish they had a trial of SampleTron because I might consider that.
Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about SampleTron 2?
I may be wrong but I thought a demo of it was available through the Authorizer app. There are a few there to try.

For what it's worth a have a lot of Mellotron / Tape instruments. I have Re-Tron, M-Tron Pro, Mellotron V and SampleTron 2 as of recently. To each his/her own but I'd have to say SampleTron2 is the most advanced so far. It's neck and neck with Mellotron V but adds just a tad more. Greater level of control with VCF and VCA and the one that looks more welcoming is the ability to create a multi-sample instrument of your own. Mellotron V only has one sample that gets stretched. Both add tape-like effects like saturation and tape flutter to give them a more authentic sound. So if you are a tape machine fan and had a free option I don't think you would go wrong with that one.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2021

Lizard wrote:
25 Aug 2021
Lotuz2019 wrote:
24 Aug 2021

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about SampleTron 2?
I may be wrong but I thought a demo of it was available through the Authorizer app. There are a few there to try.

For what it's worth a have a lot of Mellotron / Tape instruments. I have Re-Tron, M-Tron Pro, Mellotron V and SampleTron 2 as of recently. To each his/her own but I'd have to say SampleTron2 is the most advanced so far. It's neck and neck with Mellotron V but adds just a tad more. Greater level of control with VCF and VCA and the one that looks more welcoming is the ability to create a multi-sample instrument of your own. Mellotron V only has one sample that gets stretched. Both add tape-like effects like saturation and tape flutter to give them a more authentic sound. So if you are a tape machine fan and had a free option I don't think you would go wrong with that one.
As I said, I’ve got the three GForce REs. How much does SampleTron 2 expand upon those libraries?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lizard

25 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
25 Aug 2021
As I said, I’ve got the three GForce REs. How much does SampleTron 2 expand upon those libraries?
I like G-Force. I was fortunate enough to provide sound patches for Re-Tron. I also have the counterparts of M-Tron and String Machine in VST form. They have a huge library in those with the Streetly Tapes and all that. I had not taken into the account of the actual number of banks for the VSTs. However the combination of the three RE's is 40+35+67 for a total of 142 tape banks. The combination of the three RE tapes is far greater than Arturia's Mellotron V which only has 65 tapes. But the Mellotron V adds a good deal more features including the combination of three tape sets, custom samples and far greater effects.

The SampleTron 2 however has over 400 tape banks available. It covers around 10 Mellotron models over the years and is usable in their sample tank software as well. It too allows for three sample sets like Mellotron V. Not as many effects as Mellotron V but is adequate. Like Mellotron V, it allows for tape manipulation effects like saturation and flutter. The one feature that shines for me is that you can also add custom samples but goes further than Mellotron V. You could create your own tape bank instead of the single sample stretch Mellotron V has. Basically an individual sample per key like the original Mellotron's would have done. Haven't done it yet but looking forward to giving it a try.

I have loved using G-Force's stuff for a while. It is the original iteration in VST (as far as I know) and I have been fond of it. But being honest it is dated. Other manufacturers have expanded upon the unit since and added more features. If you are into some level of sound design then SampleTron 2 would be the direction to go. If using primarily for the patches then there wouldn't be a great reason to migrate to another.

Lotuz2019

26 Aug 2021

Lizard wrote:
25 Aug 2021
The one feature that shines for me is that you can also add custom samples but goes further than Mellotron V. You could create your own tape bank instead of the single sample stretch Mellotron V has. Basically an individual sample per key like the original Mellotron's would have done. Haven't done it yet but looking forward to giving it a try.
SampleTron 2 is great if you have a folder that contains one sample per key. Just make sure you're not missing any keys and your samples are named correctly. Then it's quick and easy to create your own tape track. SampleTron 2 isn't suited for singles samples that you want to play up and down the keyboard. Then it's probably a better idea to use a normal sampler and use a tape effect like MixBox' Tape Cassette.

Mellotron V is the other way around. It's quick and easy to drag and drop a single sample and expand the range from a minimum of three keys up to four octaves to play it up and down the keyboard. If you have multiple samples (one sample per three or more keys), then you can create your own tape track, but this can become a tedious job.

I'm hoping IK Multimedia and Arturia are both working on improving this aspect of their Mellotron emulations.

Btw only 51 to go to reach 7000 (8 products for the price of 1). :-)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

Lizard wrote:
25 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
25 Aug 2021
I like G-Force. I was fortunate enough to provide sound patches for Re-Tron. I also have the counterparts of M-Tron and String Machine in VST form. They have a huge library in those with the Streetly Tapes and all that. I had not taken into the account of the actual number of banks for the VSTs. However the combination of the three RE's is 40+35+67 for a total of 142 tape banks. The combination of the three RE tapes is far greater than Arturia's Mellotron V which only has 65 tapes. But the Mellotron V adds a good deal more features including the combination of three tape sets, custom samples and far greater effects.

The SampleTron 2 however has over 400 tape banks available. It covers around 10 Mellotron models over the years and is usable in their sample tank software as well. It too allows for three sample sets like Mellotron V. Not as many effects as Mellotron V but is adequate. Like Mellotron V, it allows for tape manipulation effects like saturation and flutter. The one feature that shines for me is that you can also add custom samples but goes further than Mellotron V. You could create your own tape bank instead of the single sample stretch Mellotron V has. Basically an individual sample per key like the original Mellotron's would have done. Haven't done it yet but looking forward to giving it a try.

I have loved using G-Force's stuff for a while. It is the original iteration in VST (as far as I know) and I have been fond of it. But being honest it is dated. Other manufacturers have expanded upon the unit since and added more features. If you are into some level of sound design then SampleTron 2 would be the direction to go. If using primarily for the patches then there wouldn't be a great reason to migrate to another.
Thanks for the in-depth explanation. Appreciate it. I was most interested in having the different tape banks. More libraries. I don’t know how many recordings of different instruments were made by the manufacturers of these instruments over the years but it’d be nice to have a vault :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

26 Aug 2021

It's cool to get tape tracks that you don't already have, but it's also nice to have various versions of the same tape tracks as they all sound a bit different.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
26 Aug 2021
It's cool to get tape tracks that you don't already have, but it's also nice to have various versions of the same tape tracks as they all sound a bit different.
But there’s a whooooole load more than the tapes included in the combined REs right?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

I’m assuming this offer will reach a level where people won’t be able to resist and the number count will shoot up. Only 6 or maybe 5 days left. Wonder what the threshold will be.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

26 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2021
Lotuz2019 wrote:
26 Aug 2021
But there’s a whooooole load more than the tapes included in the combined REs right?
Here are the track lists:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... nstruments

The names aren't exactly the same, but you can get a pretty good idea of which ones you don't already have.

Lotuz2019

26 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2021
I’m assuming this offer will reach a level where people won’t be able to resist and the number count will shoot up. Only 6 or maybe 5 days left. Wonder what the threshold will be.
At normal pace we should reach 9000 (10 for the price of 1). But IK want to celebrate their 25th anniversary, so who knows what they'll do to boost those numbers.

Lizard

26 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
26 Aug 2021
Thanks for the in-depth explanation. Appreciate it. I was most interested in having the different tape banks. More libraries. I don’t know how many recordings of different instruments were made by the manufacturers of these instruments over the years but it’d be nice to have a vault :).
If different tape banks were your key decision I would have to say the VST version of M-Tron Complete would be the way to go. It claims 475 libraries. It's about 270 Euro. And if I were totally honest the SampleTron 2 has different variations of some of them. Infamously the "Strawberry" flute which is on several units. The strings as well. So eliminating that then not outdoing the GForce VST. Again for me, the capability of SampleTron is significantly more.
Lotuz2019 wrote:
26 Aug 2021
At normal pace we should reach 9000 (10 for the price of 1). But IK want to celebrate their 25th anniversary, so who knows what they'll do to boost those numbers.

We can only hope. It is about to round 7 free products with 5 days remaining. I had participated in a group buy with them a few years ago and after it was done they extended it. There is that hope too. I'll also add that I bought a second product for this buy and it gave me another set of free purchases. I've mostly used that to round out the sample collection for SampleTank. But if you purchased say the Brian May Amplitube collection you could nearly have all the rest of them.

WaxTrax

26 Aug 2021

Since it reached 8 for 1, I went ahead and did a couple more rounds of deals to get some of the SampleTank instruments that I would otherwise not have paid for (hey, their strategy worked! LOL).

However, with my last purchase, I realized too late that I probably screwed myself out of at least 1 free product (if more than 8000 products are registered before the end). The last purchase was for the Elekronika series of packs, which are $40 USD each ($28 with JamPoints). The problem I didn't realize until it was too late is that these are the only eight items in the entire promotion at that price. It would have been smarter to purchase a different item for $50 USD ($35 with JamPoints) in case the counter goes above 8000.

If you're considering buying these $40 Elektronika packs, don't make the same mistake I did! Figure out which of the 8 packs you like the least, and purchase a $50 item instead. You'll probably end up getting the missing pack for free anyway, and if the promo goes to 9000 or more, you'll have more options. :-)

Lotuz2019

26 Aug 2021

The Group Buy is in full swing. Things are going so well that, if we reach 10,000 participants by the end of August, we'll extend the Group Buy through September!

That's another whole month to reach the 25th-anniversary goal of 25 products for the price of 1.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
26 Aug 2021
The Group Buy is in full swing. Things are going so well that, if we reach 10,000 participants by the end of August, we'll extend the Group Buy through September!

That's another whole month to reach the 25th-anniversary goal of 25 products for the price of 1.
Totally insane.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

WaxTrax

26 Aug 2021

Ha ha! Now I really screwed myself with that $40 purchase! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I took a chance and wrote their sales team to see if I could undo it for a more expensive purchase. I'm not actually expecting them to go for it, but you never know unless you try :-)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

WaxTrax wrote:
26 Aug 2021
Ha ha! Now I really screwed myself with that $40 purchase! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I took a chance and wrote their sales team to see if I could undo it for a more expensive purchase. I'm not actually expecting them to go for it, but you never know unless you try :-)
They reset three product choices for me so I think it'll be good news.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Steedus
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2021

Can't believe I'm saying this, but ... this is tempting me :oops: .. But I have a question if anyone can help out with.

As it turns out I have some JamPoints, so if I use them to buy Amplitube bringing the price down to below $199.99, can I still select other titles worth $199.99?

client6

27 Aug 2021

Steedus wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Can't believe I'm saying this, but ... this is tempting me :oops: .. But I have a question if anyone can help out with.

As it turns out I have some JamPoints, so if I use them to buy Amplitube bringing the price down to below $199.99, can I still select other titles worth $199.99?
Yes you can—I paid 139.99 after using JamPoints and could select options for free titles up to 199.99.

Steedus
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2021

Cheers! :puf_bigsmile:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2021

client6 wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Steedus wrote:
27 Aug 2021

Yes you can—I paid 139.99 after using JamPoints and could select options for free titles up to 199.99.
Same. I got it down to €185.
I was pissed iff that I didn’t buy AmpliTube 5 Max last year when it was only $80. Now it seems fine for all the other free stuff I got with this offer.
I was told the Max version was the basic version plus all then collections. Unfortunately it’s not. Max has a good few extra amp models and fx. Ach well. No matter.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lizard

27 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2021
client6 wrote:
27 Aug 2021

I was pissed iff that I didn’t buy AmpliTube 5 Max last year when it was only $80. Now it seems fine for all the other free stuff I got with this offer.
I was told the Max version was the basic version plus all then collections. Unfortunately it’s not. Max has a good few extra amp models and fx. Ach well. No matter.
So its even better. Let's say you buy Amplitube for $200usd. And use JamPoints (only up to 30%) you can also get , T-Racks, MODO Bass, MODO Drums, Hammond, SampleTron 2 and on and on. Each time you register those items it will add back JamPoints to your account! At least it did for me. I have more Jam Points than I started with oddly enough.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2021

Lizard wrote:
27 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2021

So its even better. Let's say you buy Amplitube for $200usd. And use JamPoints (only up to 30%) you can also get , T-Racks, MODO Bass, MODO Drums, Hammond, SampleTron 2 and on and on. Each time you register those items it will add back JamPoints to your account! At least it did for me. I have more Jam Points than I started with oddly enough.
Nah. The Free stuff didn’t add any JAM points for me.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

WaxTrax

27 Aug 2021

I love that they are including the upgrade/crossgrade pricing in this. In my case, I didn't own any IK products, I bought SampleTank 4 for $299. After I registered, products that used to be more expensive became cheaper. For example. the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 was $499 before I puchased ST, but became $299 after, and so it qualified as a free product since I paid $299 for ST. Beautiful.

Still waiting for them to contact me back about my $40 purchase :lol: Depending on how the numbers go over the weekend I may just do another $50 purchase anyway.

• Information