IK Multimedia 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Get up to 25 products for the price of 1!

Discuss VST stuff here!
Lotuz2019

03 Sep 2021

I'm sorry, but I don't. I'm still discovering SampleTank 4 myself and I'm glad I've got it all working. I'm happy with the new instruments, but ST4 isn't the most user-friendly sample player out there. I'll use it mainly as rompler. It can also import user samples to build your own patches, but there are better sample players available that could be combined with MixBox.

Steedus
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Steedus wrote:
03 Sep 2021
^ sweet yeah, I grabbed the T-Racks SE and Suite bundles, so now I'm cherry picking other things to add. Got the Sunset Sound reverb which is great.
Did you get MixBox?
Yep definitely. BTW, I didn't have to do anything manual when installing ST4. I just did it all from the Product Manager app.

Despondo
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2021

MrFigg wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Also, I tried installing L.A Confidential which went fine and showed up in ST4. For some reason though there were two L.A Confidential icons. One with a padlock on it.
Anybody help with either of these questions?
Not sure if this will work, but I had a similar issue with a T-Racks device. What I did was un-authorize T-Racks and then re-authorize it from the IK Product Manager. Maybe try that with SampleTank? Also, make sure you don't have that library installed twice on your hard drive. I once found one library installed in both ST4 and ST3 folders that was causing issues.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2021

Despondo wrote:
03 Sep 2021
MrFigg wrote:
03 Sep 2021
Also, I tried installing L.A Confidential which went fine and showed up in ST4. For some reason though there were two L.A Confidential icons. One with a padlock on it.
Anybody help with either of these questions?
Not sure if this will work, but I had a similar issue with a T-Racks device. What I did was un-authorize T-Racks and then re-authorize it from the IK Product Manager. Maybe try that with SampleTank? Also, make sure you don't have that library installed twice on your hard drive. I once found one library installed in both ST4 and ST3 folders that was causing issues.
Thanks. I'll give that a try and post back. Appreciated.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

06 Sep 2021

12000!

Steedus
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2021

Nice. And still 24 days to go.

Steedus
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2021

What to get now? Considering Modo Bass or Stealth Limiter TrackS I think. My buy-in wasn't enough to get the full fat Philharmonik 2, and I think I won't bother with the CE version.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2021

Steedus wrote:
08 Sep 2021
What to get now? Considering Modo Bass or Stealth Limiter TrackS I think. My buy-in wasn't enough to get the full fat Philharmonik 2, and I think I won't bother with the CE version.
Modo Bass without question.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Steedus
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2021

👍 sold!

WaxTrax

08 Sep 2021

Pattern Mutator + Modo Bass + Amplitube bass amp = :-) :-) :-)

Steedus
Competition Winner

09 Sep 2021

Another freebie (13000)

Lotuz2019

10 Sep 2021

:thumbup:

tronam

12 Sep 2021

I hadn't revisited IKM's products in a while and after various trials there's actually some good stuff there. I really like Mixbox and some of the new T-Racks modules are excellent. I may have to cave on this one. 😊
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Lotuz2019

12 Sep 2021

tronam wrote:
12 Sep 2021
I hadn't revisited IKM's products in a while and after various trials there's actually some good stuff there. I really like Mixbox and some of the new T-Racks modules are excellent. I may have to cave on this one. 😊
If you and only 90 more people cave, then you get 14 free products. :-)

13909 13 91 19

tronam

12 Sep 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
12 Sep 2021
tronam wrote:
12 Sep 2021
If you and only 90 more people cave, then you get 14 free products. :-)

13909 13 91 19
Already have and it's already more products than I need or even wanted. 😉 Time to dig a little deeper into those trials.

Lotuz2019

12 Sep 2021

This really is a crazy deal. I already went from want and need to might be useful in the future. And there are still 19 days to go...

Steedus
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2021

Shit, for one of the freebies I grabbed M-Poly to add to Syntronic. I've just realised however one of the free options is the full deluxe upgrade haha .. damn, oh well M-Poly was really the only extra one I was into.

Tempted by some more T-RackS, but maybe I should maximise value and grab the Hammond B3X? :think: But I think the most I'd use it for is the bubble parts for reggae songs lol.

Lotuz2019

12 Sep 2021

Steedus wrote:
12 Sep 2021
Tempted by some more T-RackS, but maybe I should maximise value and grab the Hammond B3X? :think: But I think the most I'd use it for is the bubble parts for reggae songs lol.
The B-3X is really good, so even if you're going to use it occasionally, then it's definitely worth getting. On the other hand if you already have the T-Racks/Amplitube Leslie, MixBox and another Hammond organ plugin that sounds good without using its own Leslie (in my case the Arturia B-3 V2), then you might want to get something else.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2021

The Leslie is the best one I’ve tried. I’ve got JP which I find too harsh even when I dial it back. The PSP l’otary and b-scanner are both good but heavy in CPU. I got told about the IK ages ago but dismissed it. I’ve now got both the T-Racks and the AmpliTube versions. Recommended.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

tronam

12 Sep 2021

I'm probably the only one who will ever mention these, but for anyone looking for the closest VST/AU substitute for Reason's SSL channel strip, the British/White Channel has one of the best UIs I've seen yet for this type of plugin. Sure, they might not feature all that component modeling malarkey, but neither does Reason's and for people like me who are mainly intrigued by the workflow benefits I love that these don't conform to the typical skeuomorphic vertical interface that barely fits on my laptop display. I already have tons of tube/amp/converter/tape sims which I can use before and after, but a low CPU, monitor friendly, horizontal channel strip with a resizable GUI means I'll actually use it it more often.
Last edited by tronam on 13 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

WaxTrax

12 Sep 2021

14K, another round of freeness :-) :-) :-)

tronam

12 Sep 2021

Anyone get the American Acoustic library and recommend it? I’ve been looking for some decent acoustic guitar samples and the examples sound rather nice.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... nacoustic/

Steedus
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2021

tronam wrote:
12 Sep 2021
Anyone get the American Acoustic library and recommend it? I’ve been looking for some decent acoustic guitar samples and the examples sound rather nice.

It's still probably pretty good (I don't have it), but I remember while watching the trailer video for the SampleTank 4 update, that the guy specifically mentioning the acoustic stuff had been updated (or new stuff added can't remember) which was technically better than this one in particular .. edit here:

client6

12 Sep 2021

Steedus wrote:
12 Sep 2021
tronam wrote:
12 Sep 2021

It's still probably pretty good (I don't have it), but I remember while watching the trailer video for the SampleTank 4 update, that the guy specifically mentioning the acoustic stuff had been updated (or new stuff added can't remember) which was technically better than this one in particular .. edit here:

I got it with TSMax2 I think and I have used it. I am a guitar player who has been learning audio production since the pandemic. I have used American Acoustic numerous times because it sounds so good and it would take (at least it would take me) a lot more work and time to record it myself. I think it is one of the best SampleTank products I have tried.

tronam

13 Sep 2021

client6 wrote:
12 Sep 2021
Steedus wrote:
12 Sep 2021

I got it with TSMax2 I think and I have used it. I am a guitar player who has been learning audio production since the pandemic. I have used American Acoustic numerous times because it sounds so good and it would take (at least it would take me) a lot more work and time to record it myself. I think it is one of the best SampleTank products I have tried.
Thanks! I'll probably pick it up then. The samples appear to have a very warm, natural quality about them.

• Information