U-he - Performance updates

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2021

U-he has released new versions of their plugins:

https://u-he.com/news/#the-performance-update

We saw Apple's switch to their own CPU architecture as a welcome opportunity to up our game and “go native”, so to speak. After several months of hard work, we have new plug-in versions, all refactored to offer a massive performance boost on recent Macs with Apple Silicon CPUs, especially if your host application has also gone M1-native. This means more instances of your favourite u-he plug-ins!

Users of other computer systems are not left out in the cold: We improved multicore support for Intel-based Macs, and the GUI response is generally smoother on all Mac models. Windows and Linux users also benefit from the following:

Improved browsers, easy drag & drop soundset installation
New resource management in Hive means that most presets will use even less CPU
Support for MTS Link , a new project-wide microtuning standard
New designs for Triple Cheese (freeware) and ZebraCM (magware)
Better overall performance for all plug-ins on all platforms
As usual, these updates are free for existing owners. Simply download from our website and install.

AAX Mac is temporarily unavailable until native AAX support for Big Sur/Apple Silicon arrives. Pro Tools users should continue working with the previous versions until further notice. Installers for previous versions can be obtained from our Release Archive.

joeyluck

11 Aug 2021

Looking forward to testing out the performance updates later. Aside from the free ones, I only own Zebra2 and ZebraHZ. The new designs for Triple Cheese and ZebraCM look pretty good :)

Despondo
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2021

I'm having network failures on the downloads at the moment. Looks like they are either getting slammed by users downloading, or they need to "upgrade" their servers as well. LOL!

Despondo
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2021

Just as I suspected. Too many downloads right now....Will try again later. :-(

joeyluck

11 Aug 2021

I was hoping to be able to update ZebraCM without having to go through Computer Music. U-he's link only sends you to the CM homepage. Do I need to go get it through FileSilo (or whatever it is now)?

thedude

11 Aug 2021

Too bad UHE DIVA and Repro 5 still perform like hot garbage on a mac in Reason. I have to turn off multi core support in Reason prefs and not run multicore in UHE synths for them to not melt down. Been this way for a while now - Reason support points the finger at UHE and UHE points the finger at Reason, ha.

Billy+

11 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
11 Aug 2021
I was hoping to be able to update ZebraCM without having to go through Computer Music. U-he's link only sends you to the CM homepage. Do I need to go get it through FileSilo (or whatever it is now)?
Yeah FileSilo is a complete ars*, I actually spent the day updating my collection last month even though I haven't actually installed one piece of software or taken advantage of the free offers :lol:

joeyluck

11 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
11 Aug 2021
joeyluck wrote:
11 Aug 2021
Yeah FileSilo is a complete ars*, I actually spent the day updating my collection last month even though I haven't actually installed one piece of software or taken advantage of the free offers :lol:
Yeah I don't understand the arrangement they have. I mean "Computer Music" is plastered on the plugin, isn't that enough? :)
Currently just waiting for the FileSilo page to load... I own Zebra2/ZebraHZ, but there are a few patches I've made with ZebraCM, so I might as well update it for the nicer look.

Creativemind

11 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
11 Aug 2021
Looking forward to testing out the performance updates later. Aside from the free ones, I only own Zebra2 and ZebraHZ. The new designs for Triple Cheese and ZebraCM look pretty good :)

Yeah, nice.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Heater

11 Aug 2021

I wonder when the Props will get off their arses and update Reason for M1. They are by far some of the slowest devs out there.

thedude

11 Aug 2021

Well, how long did it take them to code for intel during the PPC transition?

• Information