Noise Engineering - Free Public Beta Plugins

Discuss VST stuff here!
Billy+

29 Jul 2021

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
29 Jul 2021
don't forget you can run these using the free Elements (or the $2 one) or Nektarine.
Might be handy to include the free download links for Elements as it's a pain to find...

https://github.com/kushview/Element/rel ... 0.41.1.dmg
https://github.com/kushview/Element/rel ... 0.41.1.exe

EdGrip

29 Jul 2021

Just had a play with these - I think they're interesting and useful character voices. I like them. Of course some more envelopes would be welcome, etc etc, but the intent is clearly to lean into the limitations and I like that.
The distortion doesn't have the depth of Dent 2, which is my favourite for nasty digital distortion and seems like a reasonable comparison, but then this one is free!

Mataya

29 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Jul 2021
However it is good to hear that we might be getting some more NE RE's :clap:
Just to get back on topic ;)
P.s. I don't see being called annoying a personal attack so no need to lock the topic or warn the poster :lol:
Annoying is my default position
Yes, I understand that, but it's sometimes so tireing going trough a pretty "normal" thread and have to filter all those anoying posts.
Started avoiding forums and interesting topics because of that, but ok If you really need to post that much about the same things... I guess it's ok.

tx
M

dannyF

29 Jul 2021

Loque wrote:
28 Jul 2021
Yea, hope there is something coming...

Personally i don't like the NE VST GUIs at all, so i would be totally fine with a more static GUI if that's the problem for a RE version...
+1 :thumbs_up:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
29 Jul 2021
don't forget you can run these using the free Elements (or the $2 one) or Nektarine.
Might be handy to include the free download links for Elements as it's a pain to find...

https://github.com/kushview/Element/rel ... 0.41.1.dmg
https://github.com/kushview/Element/rel ... 0.41.1.exe
That is because you grab the latest and compile that up, links are on their site and it has so many fixes over 41.1, but it's cheaper for me to spend $2 and have it already compiled and ready to go.

Neo

30 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jul 2021
NoiseEng wrote:
28 Jul 2021
While these plugins will not work natively in Reason, we are working on a lot of things for Reason users and hope to have them as soon as humanly possible. We appreciate that you're still looking for stuff and we really love the Reason community. Y'all are great.

- Kris, co-founder at Noise Engineering
Thanks, Kris! Hoping we see VST3 support in Reason someday, but I'd take a RE over VST. Looking forward to anything you all bring to Reason. Your stuff is really great :)
+1 Agreed^
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

EdGrip

30 Jul 2021

Mataya wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
29 Jul 2021
However it is good to hear that we might be getting some more NE RE's :clap:
Just to get back on topic ;)
P.s. I don't see being called annoying a personal attack so no need to lock the topic or warn the poster :lol:
Annoying is my default position
Yes, I understand that, but it's sometimes so tireing going trough a pretty "normal" thread and have to filter all those anoying posts.
Started avoiding forums and interesting topics because of that, but ok If you really need to post that much about the same things... I guess it's ok.

tx
M
Yep.

Mataya

30 Jul 2021

Tried the Vst's and again I'm amazed of how many different tones Iw as able to get out of just of few seemingly basic parameteres. Just amazing. Love you guys.

I totally dig the chorus and randomisation option.

Great job!

tx
M

Billy+

30 Jul 2021

Mataya wrote:
29 Jul 2021

tx
M
Fair play I accept your point,
but just as you have the right to protest you should be able to accept that I do to.

It's 2021 and VST3 along with VST2.4 MIDI is still unsupport

Personally I've been waiting for since V9.5 when RS claimed to support VST for them to fully implement VST devices. I would have liked to see it included in 10, expected it in V11 and even now with V12 on the horizon it's still looking a long way off.

Mataya

30 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
30 Jul 2021
Mataya wrote:
29 Jul 2021

tx
M
Fair play I accept your point,
but just as you have the right to protest you should be able to accept that I do to.

It's 2021 and VST3 along with VST2.4 MIDI is still unsupport

Personally I've been waiting for since V9.5 when RS claimed to support VST for them to fully implement VST devices. I would have liked to see it included in 10, expected it in V11 and even now with V12 on the horizon it's still looking a long way off.
Yes, we all know that. That's the point. Of course you have the right to protest, it's just that I don't think you'r doing anything more except distracting from every topic with the same point. I don't see the need for such pressure here on the forums. If you would email RS every day, I would understand that, although I'd still think it's insane.

Again, nice VST's really. Works ok in elements as VST3. Simple graphics, not my taste either, but it works. I'm not sure why I get more interesting sounds then with other more complex synths I own. That's what I like the most with NE stuff.

tx
M

Billy+

30 Jul 2021

Well I definitely post about more than that, and would see private emails as wasted time as a posed to public reminders especially as this forum is dedicated to Reason which could lead to less informed people thinking that support has been added when it hasn't.

But I definitely do see your point and will try to consider it in the future.

joeyluck

30 Jul 2021

Just a reminder that ReasonTalk is not Reason Studios. So most of the time users are preaching to the choir. This forum is here for us, not for them, and the goal is to make an enjoyable environment for us, the users. It's a bonus that RS even has a presence here. It's a free to use forum, free of ads. So when our fellow forum members who help to make this community ask to stay on topic, we should all respect that.

Billy+

30 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
30 Jul 2021
Just a reminder that ReasonTalk is not Reason Studios. So most of the time users are preaching to the choir. This forum is here for us, not for them, and the goal is to make an enjoyable environment for us, the users. It's a bonus that RS even has a presence here. It's a free to use forum, free of ads. So when our fellow forum members who help to make this community ask to stay on topic, we should all respect that.
I agree and was responding to a direct question that I felt I should respect and respond to, unfortunately this has become the sub topic however there is a thread specifically for unsupported vst3 devices which I would have not felt the need for the reminder. ;)

But point taken I will refrain from further comment within this thread :thumbs_up:

Apologies to the developer, the devices look very interesting and I look forward to seeing them released as compatible rack extensions :clap:

BRIGGS

30 Jul 2021

I still use bundle 1 and 2, regularly. Along with the great sounds, I like that almost every parameter has a CV jack.

Am I missing anything with these vsts?
r11s

zoidkirb

30 Jul 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
30 Jul 2021
I still use bundle 1 and 2, regularly. Along with the great sounds, I like that almost every parameter has a CV jack.

Am I missing anything with these vsts?
Yes. One of the new vst's, Ruina , is a distortion/wave folding effect.
Beautifully savage.

• Information