Fluid Pitch by Pitch Innovations

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

20 Jul 2021

This looks great! :thumbup:

https://www.pitchinnovations.com/home/oi/

Lots of cool and useful features they have thought about from the scale locked pitch bend, to the MPE upscaling to achieve polyphonic pitch bend of chords on traditional keyboards, to the features like "no last bend" and "no return bend".

It says it is compatible with Reason "Using MIDIMood’s Pluchain". I'm not sure how compatible it is though with lack of MPE support in Reason.

I prefer using my Seaboard Block for MPE stuff, but this seems very useful and I would totally use it with my traditional keyboards.

Loque

20 Jul 2021

The Pink Noise RE already have this feature...

Would be interesting if this Sam be a RE or Player. Isn't there already a RE for this?
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

20 Jul 2021

Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2021

Would be interesting if this Sam be a RE or Player. Isn't there already a RE for this?
Which feature?

Loque

20 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
20 Jul 2021
Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2021

Which feature?
Scaled Pitch Bending.
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

20 Jul 2021

Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2021
joeyluck wrote:
20 Jul 2021

Which feature?
Scaled Pitch Bending.
but…that’s an instrument. this looks like a MIDI device…apples and oranges, no?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Loque

20 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021
Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2021

Scaled Pitch Bending.
What?
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

20 Jul 2021

Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021

What?
really, man? read what was posted, then read what you wrote, then read what I wrote, then MATH. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😅

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

20 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021

You can use the Maia synths as a midi device as well, via their midi out.
For example you can connect NN-XT or Europa to Maia and use this pitchbend discrete glissando feature.
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

guitfnky

20 Jul 2021

AndrasHaasz wrote:
20 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021

For example you can connect NN-XT or Europa to Maia and use this pitchbend discrete glissando feature.
ah, interesting, and very cool. would’ve had no idea had you not chimed in—thanks! :)

joeyluck

20 Jul 2021

AndrasHaasz wrote:
20 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021

Does this work on chords as well, bending notes different amounts (like the MPE feature of Fluid Pitch)? Or is it monophonic?

Billy+

20 Jul 2021

Looks like it's not functional in Reason without another host plugin?
IMG_2777.PNG
IMG_2777.PNG (341.61 KiB) Viewed 4216 times

Loque

20 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021
Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2021

What?
really, man? read what was posted, then read what you wrote, then read what I wrote, then MATH. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😅
Sorry, i don't get your point.
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

20 Jul 2021

Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021

someone posts about a MIDI device and your first response is to talk about an instrument. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Loque

20 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021
Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2021

someone posts about a MIDI device and your first response is to talk about an instrument. 🤷🏻‍♂️
The video was about a unique feature and they claim they were the Inventor. It is obviously wrong.

Looks like you misinterpreted my statement.
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

20 Jul 2021

Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021

The video was about a unique feature and they claim they were the Inventur. It is obviously wrong.

okaayyyyyy…so why should anyone care whether it’s the first or not? so what if it already exists in a cool, but obscure Rack Extension hardly anyone outside of Reason would know about?

those are rhetorical questions—you don’t have to answer them. congrats on proving some claim on the internet wrong, I guess.

Loque

20 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021
Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2021

The video was about a unique feature and they claim they were the Inventur. It is obviously wrong.

okaayyyyyy…so why should anyone care whether it’s the first or not? so what if it already exists in a cool, but obscure Rack Extension hardly anyone outside of Reason would know about?

those are rhetorical questions—you don’t have to answer them. congrats on proving some claim on the internet wrong, I guess.
This is still a Reason forum. Just a kind reminder for you 👍
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

20 Jul 2021

Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021

missing the point…still.

Loque

20 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021
Loque wrote:
20 Jul 2021

missing the point…still.
Obviously, yes. You can leave it this way.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

20 Jul 2021

I think it claims to be the first MIDI effect plugin with these features? And then there's the MPE function of it as well.

There is also talk of it being the first MIDI effect plugin of any type to come out of India.

guitfnky

20 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
20 Jul 2021
I think it claims to be the first MIDI effect plugin with these features? And then there's the MPE function of it as well.

There is also talk of it being the first MIDI effect plugin of any type to come out of India.
it’s definitely interesting. I don’t generally use a whole lot of MIDI effects, but using virtual instruments that can only use the pitch wheel on certain notes and still remain musical (without automation) has always been a pain for me. I wonder how this sounds on polyphonic notes—guessing it’s smart enough to account for that too. if so, that could be really useful.

QVprod

20 Jul 2021

This is a really cool plugin. They really packed a lot int this. Pitchbending can be. a real pain when the note you're bending is not the last note of the phrase. Plus the MPE upscale looks to be pretty useful.

joeyluck

20 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021
joeyluck wrote:
20 Jul 2021

it’s definitely interesting. I don’t generally use a whole lot of MIDI effects, but using virtual instruments that can only use the pitch wheel on certain notes and still remain musical (without automation) has always been a pain for me. I wonder how this sounds on polyphonic notes—guessing it’s smart enough to account for that too. if so, that could be really useful.
Yes, that's what I'm very interested in! They refer to it as MPE upscaling. So when you hold a chord and bend it, it will bend the notes independently to stay in that key. They show an example of it in the video above.

joeyluck

20 Jul 2021

But this plugin is so many things that Reason doesn't support with it being MIDI VST and utilizing MPE :(

Making it so this plugin can be fully supported in Reason would check several important boxes of things the Reason DAW needs.

guitfnky

20 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
20 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
20 Jul 2021

Yes, that's what I'm very interested in! They refer to it as MPE upscaling. So when you hold a chord and bend it, it will bend the notes independently to stay in that key. They show an example of it in the video above.
ha, I was jumping around the first time and missed that. that is super slick.

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

21 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
20 Jul 2021
AndrasHaasz wrote:
20 Jul 2021

Does this work on chords as well, bending notes different amounts (like the MPE feature of Fluid Pitch)? Or is it monophonic?
You can use it with chords, but cv/gate works in a monophonic mode: you’re right, a bit similar but not the same.
You can check it... if I remember correcy, I’ve put some tutorial combi patches in the Maia V2 factory bank..
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

• Information