slate vsx headphone system. does it work in reason?

Discuss VST stuff here!
limbophonic

22 Jun 2021

Hi ,is anybody using the slate vsx headphone system in reason v 11, window 10, i'm thinking about getting vsx

Billy+

22 Jun 2021

Can't speak from personal experience about any of the room simulations but I really don't think that they are worth buying as you still have other things to consider when using any of them.

Trial them and if you can't avoid them, they appear to be an interesting concept but as of yet I'm not sold on the technology. It used to be that you was always advised not to use headphones for mixing and mastering but now it ok so long as you buy some room simulation software?

I'm more sold on the speakers that have built in dsp to correct for the room their in!
Last edited by Billy+ on 22 Jun 2021, edited 1 time in total.

PhillipOrdonez

22 Jun 2021

Aren't those slate ones the ones that come with the hardware, therefore eliminating variables? It's interesting if those are the ones.

I got to agree that monitors with DSP are all the rage right now for me. Saving in order to someday afford a pair of kii three's 😂

limbophonic

22 Jun 2021

I currently use Sonar works with my Adam A7x monitors, but i'm in a fairly small room so not ideal, i have some acoustic treatment, i would like to try the slate vsx system before i buy, but i don't know if the software is vst 2 or 3, i can see from slate audio site that Reason is missing from their youtube DAW tutorials, so reason is not supported!

PhillipOrdonez

22 Jun 2021

But isn't that system for headphones and Congress with its own headphones?

You already got monitors and sonar works, as long as you have used the measurement properly with their microphone you're pretty much good to go, just don't turn up the volume above 75 ish dB SPL.... If the slate system is avst you should be able to download a demo and try and see... But since you have SW, your headphones should be supported, and your already have monitors...so you don't actually need any room simulation 🤷‍♂️

Billy+

22 Jun 2021

limbophonic wrote:
22 Jun 2021
I currently use Sonar works with my Adam A7x monitors, but i'm in a fairly small room so not ideal, i have some acoustic treatment, i would like to try the slate vsx system before i buy, but i don't know if the software is vst 2 or 3, i can see from slate audio site that Reason is missing from their youtube DAW tutorials, so reason is not supported!
Unfortunately Reason is generally not listed as a supported DAW by many developers, if it's available as a vst2 plugin and you can download a trial then that's your best option.

limbophonic

12 Jul 2021

Ok I will give Sienna Free version a trial, thanks,
by the way is this the free version you have? and do you have a list of compatible headphone,
my headphones are Blue Lola, and Sennheiser hd 600

there is a full list of compatible headphones on their web site but it only shows list for paid version not free version.

EdwardKiy

12 Jul 2021

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... orrection/

And this is worse? Anyone tested yet?

limbophonic

14 Jul 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
12 Jul 2021
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... orrection/

And this is worse? Anyone tested yet?
Yeah, i tried when it first come out, i didn't buy it, it looks like it's had a cosmetic update

• Information