Reason 11 and Waves 12

Discuss VST stuff here!
SublimePianist

22 Jun 2021

Hello,
I have the latest version of Reason 11, running on Mac OS Catalina.
I can not get Reason to even see my Waves 12 plugins. When scanning it doesn't add them at all.
They all scan and run perfect in Digital Performer and Logic Pro, but seem to be invisible to Reason.
I already tried removing the dat file in Reason to force it to re-scan all the plugins at least 3 times with no luck.
Does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue?

Thank you
Last edited by SublimePianist on 22 Jun 2021, edited 3 times in total.

Billy+

22 Jun 2021

To be honest I've stopped using waves, I used to collect the free ones but the constant updates caused nothing but hassle. If they just released the plugins without the centre software and worked like every other plugin I'm sure they would be more compatible but for what ever reason they just cause me nothing but hassle especially on macOS

Lov2sing

22 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
22 Jun 2021
To be honest I've stopped using waves, I used to collect the free ones but the constant updates caused nothing but hassle. If they just released the plugins without the centre software and worked like every other plugin I'm sure they would be more compatible but for what ever reason they just cause me nothing but hassle especially on macOS
I agree. Waves is a rent to use system. In order for me to use my plugins I have to repay $259.00. They may sale them for $29.00, but to continue using them you will have to pay whenever they upgrade or you upgrade your computer system. I have contacted them to no avail but along with RE’s and VST’s I am able get what I need although I have spent a fortune on Waves.
We make music for a reason

SublimePianist

22 Jun 2021

I'm hoping someone will answer the actual question I posed.

dvdrtldg

22 Jun 2021

SublimePianist wrote:
22 Jun 2021
I'm hoping someone will answer the actual question I posed.
:lol:

Yeah there's nothing like a Waves inquiry to flush out a few WAVES SUCKS I'LL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN obsessives

Sorry I can't help though - FWIW I'm on Big Sur running Waves v12 plugins in Reason 11 with no problems. Maybe uninstall/reinstall them if you haven't tried that?

Or maybe upgrade your OS - there are still a few developers who haven't updated their plugins to run on intel Big Sur but almost all of mine are fine, the major exception being Melda

SublimePianist

22 Jun 2021

I appreciate your sentiments!!!

I will try reinstalling to see if that helps in any way.

Thank you for responding!

guitfnky

22 Jun 2021

do you know the installation location for the plugins (should be able to find in the installer), and is that folder included in the list of plugin folders in the Reason preferences?

as for the other comments—it seems like the cool thing to do these days to rip on Waves plugins. they’re great—tons of pros use them. and the idea that you’ve got to keep paying to continue using them is bullshit. you don’t have to upgrade them if you don’t want.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

SublimePianist

22 Jun 2021

Yes, I do know the installation location for them and it is included in the list of plugin folders in Reason's advanced preferences.

Yeah, I've heard all these comments before. Some folks just enjoy complaining it seems.
I've used Waves for years and they have been a great asset for my music production.

Thank you for your response!

dvdrtldg

22 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
22 Jun 2021
you don’t have to upgrade them if you don’t want.
Hmmm that's not quite true

I just had to upgrade all mine to v12 (at a cost of USD$225) because the old versions wouldn't run on my new OS. It's the first time I've ever had to upgrade, though, so I guess I can't complain. And I knew all about Waves Upgrade Plan before I bought the plugins

I guess if you're lucky you can go for years without having to upgrade, like I did. But if you're unlucky, you could have to upgrade after just 12 months. All depends on how the planets align

I think most of the bedwetting is coming from people who jumped on the $29 deals when they first started appearing without checking the terms & conditions, then found out too late about WUP. Always read the fine print, guys

I do think Waves is a shitty company and their business practices suck. But I really like their plugins and am really happy using them

SublimePianist

22 Jun 2021

this is getting me nowhere

guitfnky

22 Jun 2021

SublimePianist wrote:
22 Jun 2021
they’re not VST3 format, right?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

DaveyG

23 Jun 2021

SublimePianist wrote:
22 Jun 2021
Have a look in the Reason plug-in manager and sort by status. If there are any crashed plugins in the list click on them and enable them then exit Reason and start it again. I sometimes get some Waves plugins not scanning and that usually solves it. Failing that, contact Waves tech support. They are very helpful.

SublimePianist

23 Jun 2021

Correct, they are not VST 3

No crashed plugins in Reason Plugin manager.

Thank you for your suggestions DaveyG

Hashmoder

23 Jun 2021

I found the solution and made a post about it earlier this month. Here's the link to the post:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7523368

• Information