Arturia - FX Collection 2

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2021

FX Collection 2 released.

It is on sale for a limited time and upgrades are available for current owners.

AUDIO EFFECTS YOU'LL ACTUALLY USE
FX Collection is an all-encompassing suite of plugins combining the analog warmth of vintage effects with the creative flexibility of modern audio enhancers, putting exceptional studio-quality sound in the hands of musicians and producers of all styles and abilities.

https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... verview#en

manisnotabird

08 Jun 2021

Is there really that big a market for new EQs and compressors? Must be.

Loque

09 Jun 2021

manisnotabird wrote:
08 Jun 2021
Just throw in some saturation device, call it analog and sell thousands of units.
Reason12, Win10

Jackjackdaw

09 Jun 2021

I love Fx collection but since I hoovered up the modulation bundle and the Juno chorus when it was free there is not enough meat in this release to even justify the €49 upgrade price. I was expecting to see some wave shaping and distortion devices.

integerpoet

09 Jun 2021

Loque wrote:
09 Jun 2021
manisnotabird wrote:
08 Jun 2021
Just throw in some saturation device, call it analog and sell thousands of units.
Many of these seem legit if you are an old hand and jonesing for some device you used in a studio years ago which happens to saturate this or that band in exactly the way your nostalgia tells you is right. If that's what you want, I can't think of a downside to paying money to save time getting there.

But yeah the word "analog" has magical powers when used in some circles. There's one hip-hop producer on Instagram who talks about analog outboard devices being secret weapons as if floating point samples don't exist and tape saturation and analog clipping can't be simulated if that's what you want.

Discovering the CompressMaster preset on Scream was an eye-opener for me. Instantly my crappy little tune sounded much more mersh, and it took me a few minutes to realize how my unwitting indoctrination during the early/mid 1980s biased me. (Yes, I said "biased" during a discussion of tape compression. Deal. :-)) Now that preset doesn't even sound especially good to me; it just sounds old and presses my nostalgia buttons, which can be good for a specific purpose, but it also sounds thuddy and boomy in a way that's not exactly bad but makes me wonder why anyone would prefer it in the absence of nostalgia.

dvdrtldg

09 Jun 2021

Excellent, the UIs finally load properly! Now I can create the JUN-6 Chorus snapshot in the plugin browser. Only a small thing, but it's been really bugging me

Italophile

12 Jun 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
09 Jun 2021
I love Fx collection but since I hoovered up the modulation bundle and the Juno chorus when it was free there is not enough meat in this release to even justify the €49 upgrade price. I was expecting to see some wave shaping and distortion devices.
I thought the same, until I realized that if I didn't upgrade this time the next upgrade price will be €199 (at current prices).

• Information