Melda Plugins huge free vst bundle

Discuss VST stuff here!
WarStar
Posts: 167
Joined: 17 Oct 2018

Post 25 May 2021

I've purchased a few Melda products and I think they maybe my fav developer. This free bundle is super impressive. The free compressor is top notch. Their loudness meter is now my favorite. Saturator is awesome. Incredible stuff for free.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle

User avatar
taddx
Posts: 52
Joined: 17 Apr 2016
Location: London

Post 25 May 2021

I downloaded it a few days ago - equally impressed, great stuff.

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1543
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 25 May 2021

Big fan of their ring mod and flanger plugins

That said, last time I looked they were abandoning OS support, which is a real bummer

EdGrip
Posts: 2179
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 25 May 2021

The fact you can only download their freebies in one huge bundle is an immediate turn-off. I wanted to try the scope, but no.

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 610
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 25 May 2021

I actually bought the free bundle (on sale for cheap of course)
Which removes the watermark, allows re-sizing of the GUI, and unlocks midi CC out for the modulator module.
I think (not totally sure) that paying also unlocks custom skins and oversampling.

DaveyG
Posts: 988
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 26 May 2021

EdGrip wrote:
25 May 2021
The fact you can only download their freebies in one huge bundle is an immediate turn-off. I wanted to try the scope, but no.
Yep, that was a annoyance for me too. I just wanted the Notepad plugin that allows you to keep text notes, lyrics, whatever inside the project. It's yet another easy thing that Reason lacks. I used VSTNotepad instead, but these days I use Reason as a plugin to Studio One which allows text for the song and also each individual track, mixer channel and even audio input.

WarStar
Posts: 167
Joined: 17 Oct 2018

Post 26 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
26 May 2021
EdGrip wrote:
25 May 2021
The fact you can only download their freebies in one huge bundle is an immediate turn-off. I wanted to try the scope, but no.
Yep, that was a annoyance for me too. I just wanted the Notepad plugin that allows you to keep text notes, lyrics, whatever inside the project. It's yet another easy thing that Reason lacks. I used VSTNotepad instead, but these days I use Reason as a plugin to Studio One which allows text for the song and also each individual track, mixer channel and even audio input.
I guess you could delete the dll files for the VSTs you don't want...

DaveyG
Posts: 988
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 26 May 2021

WarStar wrote:
26 May 2021
DaveyG wrote:
26 May 2021


Yep, that was a annoyance for me too. I just wanted the Notepad plugin that allows you to keep text notes, lyrics, whatever inside the project. It's yet another easy thing that Reason lacks. I used VSTNotepad instead, but these days I use Reason as a plugin to Studio One which allows text for the song and also each individual track, mixer channel and even audio input.
I guess you could delete the dll files for the VSTs you don't want...
Or not download it and find an alternative free VST. :thumbup:

Melda are one of those plugin companies that seem to have lots of stuff but don't seem to get much press, good or bad, so I have them in the "also ran" box. I assume their stuff is OK but not spectacular.

EdGrip
Posts: 2179
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 26 May 2021

I think I've decided "one big half-gigabyte download of all their freebies if you want to try one" is likely indicative of how sensible their other UI/UX choices are. I've filed them under "another Voxengo-type company"

EdGrip
Posts: 2179
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 26 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
26 May 2021
Or not download it and find an alternative free VST. :thumbup:
Quite. I shouldn't have to be thinking up workarounds before I've installed or even downloaded a single(!) plugin. Sheer nonsense.

dusan.cani
Posts: 259
Joined: 16 Oct 2018
Location: Slovakia

Post 26 May 2021

EdGrip wrote:
26 May 2021
I think I've decided "one big half-gigabyte download of all their freebies if you want to try one" is likely indicative of how sensible their other UI/UX choices are. I've filed them under "another Voxengo-type company"
You don't have to install the whole bundle. Once you downloaded the installer, you can choose which FX or Instrument you want to install:

installer.PNG

The effects are really cool. I've tried Folder and Shaper and I achieved very good results. Also the Comb effect is very extraordinary. Thanks WarStar for the tip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
tallguy
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Jan 2018

Post 26 May 2021

Melda's interface designs are an... acquired taste. I use their MMultiAnalyzer all the time, but will be the first one to say the GUI lacks fluidity. Things never quite respond the way you want them to. As if the developers were brought up in the Amiga era and have never quite gotten the hang of them new fangled GUI conventions.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 1408
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 26 May 2021

WarStar wrote:
26 May 2021
I guess you could delete the dll files for the VSTs you don't want...
No need to delete any dlls that you don't want. The installer is pretty nice and lets you select on a single screen which plugins you want to install. So you only waste some bandwidth downloading the whole package, but you don't have to clutter your system with plugins that you don't want (unlike how IK Multimedia does it with TRacks).
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace. ... Pool's closed due to corona.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3466
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 26 May 2021

tallguy wrote:
26 May 2021
Melda's interface designs are an... acquired taste. I use their MMultiAnalyzer all the time, but will be the first one to say the GUI lacks fluidity. Things never quite respond the way you want them to. As if the developers were brought up in the Amiga era and have never quite gotten the hang of them new fangled GUI conventions.
yeah, I tried their drum programmer demo a while back and holy hell is that thing convoluted and difficult to use. they seem like they’ve got good plugins, but I’m too old to want to spend time learning such a complicated UI. 😆

User avatar
tallguy
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 Jan 2018

Post 26 May 2021

guitfnky wrote:
26 May 2021

yeah, I tried their drum programmer demo a while back and holy hell is that thing convoluted and difficult to use. they seem like they’ve got good plugins, but I’m too old to want to spend time learning such a complicated UI. 😆
I personally know some developers that make software that's equally awkward to use. Sure enough, they started their career writing text based adventure games for some platform that no longer exists. They never managed to embrace modern GUI design, deep down inside being resentful for the wastefulness of said GUIs.
I once complained to them the progress bar stopped progressing when processing a large file, giving the impression the software had crashed. Their answer was that they disabled the progress bar on purpose to save CPU :shock:

I get the same vibe from Melda. And like you, I have better things to do in my life than dealing with products like that.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2713
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 26 May 2021

I think I may have heard these lyrics somewhere before.
I wish Reason had a better way to take notes.
.
pink.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

electricthing
Posts: 59
Joined: 08 May 2018

Post 26 May 2021

Mine looked like this:
pink 2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2713
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 26 May 2021

electricthing wrote:
26 May 2021
Mine looked like this:

pink 2.PNG
Careful, Syd might wander into your place.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

WarStar
Posts: 167
Joined: 17 Oct 2018

Post 26 May 2021

jam-s wrote:
26 May 2021
WarStar wrote:
26 May 2021
I guess you could delete the dll files for the VSTs you don't want...
No need to delete any dlls that you don't want. The installer is pretty nice and lets you select on a single screen which plugins you want to install. So you only waste some bandwidth downloading the whole package, but you don't have to clutter your system with plugins that you don't want (unlike how IK Multimedia does it with TRacks).
For whatever reason I didn't notice you could pick and choose what would be installed.. I just installed the whole damn thing lol

splitpen
Posts: 87
Joined: 22 Mar 2017

Post 27 May 2021

Some great plugins indeed! My most used plugin of Melda is definitely the MPhaser. Use the LFO overide inside it to shape a tone of instruments.
You can also set the trigger when placed inside a combinator (activate receive notes inside combi programmer)
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD_VCaQZWMk
Reasonstudios 11 :reason: | Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 3700x | Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Peerless studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 | BCR2000 | X-Touch Ext

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1543
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 28 May 2021

Can confirm Melda plugins don't work on Mac OS 11, I just got a new MacBook and they're all fritzed

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], manisnotabird and 1 guest