r11s

Billy+

13 Apr 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
13 Apr 2021
Has anyone here tried it?

What are your thoughts?

:puf_smile:
I haven't tried it but, seen it used a number of times and I nearly purchased it - but I decided I would try to make better use of what I already owned in suite before grabbing yet another device.

selig
RE Developer

13 Apr 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
13 Apr 2021

What are your thoughts?

It's still one of my favorites, though I don't personally own it. The studio I ran in UT had the full Sound Toys suite, and BTW echo boy is another fave and of course there's decapitator.
Here's a piano piece I recorded back in UT, with Crystallizer featured prominently, recently released as a youtube video:
Selig Audio, LLC

BRIGGS

13 Apr 2021

selig wrote:
13 Apr 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
13 Apr 2021

What are your thoughts?

It's still one of my favorites, though I don't personally own it. The studio I ran in UT had the full Sound Toys suite, and BTW echo boy is another fave and of course there's decapitator.
Here's a piano piece I recorded back in UT, with Crystallizer featured prominently, recently released as a youtube video:
:puf_smile: Yep, that's the sound!

I tried to replicate it with fritz, polar, and neutron....close, but no dice.

Nice track, BTW :thumbup:
r11s

moneykube

13 Apr 2021

it is my favourite plug from them... nice song Selig :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Steedus
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2021

I demoed it once. I thought it was a similar effect to Props Polar RE.

moneykube

14 Apr 2021

Steedus wrote:
13 Apr 2021
I demoed it once. I thought it was a similar effect to Props Polar RE.
I own both... both are good but slightly different> similar for sure.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

dvdrtldg

14 Apr 2021

I always pull out Crystallizer thinking "Hoo boy, I'm going to get WILD with this thing", cranking everything to extreme settings, finding the results unsatisfactory and then dialing everything back until it's barely noticeable

I mean I like it a lot, but only as a subtle effect. It never turns out to be the Balls Out Mayhem Machine that my experimental music brain wants it to be

Loque

14 Apr 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
14 Apr 2021
I always pull out Crystallizer thinking "Hoo boy, I'm going to get WILD with this thing", cranking everything to extreme settings, finding the results unsatisfactory and then dialing everything back until it's barely noticeable

I mean I like it a lot, but only as a subtle effect. It never turns out to be the Balls Out Mayhem Machine that my experimental music brain wants it to be
Ok, thanks. This is pretty much my experience too 😂
Reason12, Win10

tallguy

15 Apr 2021

It's worth trying out the presets, just turning everything up to 11 will never give satisfying results. For instance, some of the presets under "09 Harmonized" can sound wonderful on pads.

Ted Pikul

15 Apr 2021

The Crystallizer algorithm specializes in reverse granular pitch-shifted delays, and I believe that it was inspired by an Eventide H3000 preset called 'Crystal Echoes.' Eventide themselves released their own plugin version of this effect last year, which is called Crystals (this version also includes a reverb). Both Soundtoys and Eventide have sales every year, so I would recommend waiting for one to come around. Crystallizer often goes on sale for $29.

Also, I think that ValhallaDelay has an algorithm called 'Reverse Pitch,' which does something similar. It does not have as many options to tweak, but it does have the beautiful sounding diffusion, which works well with these types of sounds.

• Information