XIls KaoX Released - 8-op FM Synth - 99€/$118 Intro Price

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2021

Two layered, 8 operator FM synth with analog oscillators and filters. Based on Yamah's GS-1 which was Yamaha's first commercial FM synth released in 1981, but wasn't popular because it was mega-expensive, however it was used by plenty of artists such as Toto, and was used on plenty of early 80s albums, most famously on Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Worth a demo at least - the intro price isn't horrible, but the synth would have to be killer to warrant a purchase. Still waiting on Traktions F.'em.

Intro price good through May 15th.

https://www.xils-lab.com/products/kaox-p-168.html
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

12 Apr 2021

I wait for Fem, if it will ever be released 😏
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2021

Has anyone demo this yet? I will not get chance until weekend but on another site I am seeing lots of comments to do with glide and that you cannot turn it completely off. Some saying it sounds really weird and not sure if it is a bug or an intended feature. Guess I will find out myself when demo but if anyone has used this be good to get their thoughts.

Ps. I too am waiting for F'em and thought it was coming out over easter weekend but was disappointed.

WOO

17 Apr 2021

I just got done trying this out. With 1 instance of it running a number of the presets caused significant dsp usage. I ran thru about a hundred of the presets until it crashed. The presets were uninspiring the gui ugly and the sounds could be replicated by several synths i already own. I'm going to read the manual and demo it further but my first impression is a big thumbs down. No way would I pay the asking price.

Popey
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2021

WOO wrote:
17 Apr 2021
I just got done trying this out. With 1 instance of it running a number of the presets caused significant dsp usage. I ran thru about a hundred of the presets until it crashed. The presets were uninspiring the gui ugly and the sounds could be replicated by several synths i already own. I'm going to read the manual and demo it further but my first impression is a big thumbs down. No way would I pay the asking price.
Thanks for letting us know the above. Must admit I read so much poor stuff about this I forgot to download the demo. With what you said above and other things I read I might not even bother and wait to see what F'em is like.

• Information