iZotope RX8 Elements for $29 until May 4

Discuss VST stuff here!
dvdrtldg

08 Apr 2021

Plugin Boutique is discounting the entire RX8 series until May 4

Some of the savings aren't so great - only 16% off Advanced - but Elements for $29 (77% off) is very good value. It's a stripped back but still very functional version of the best audio restoration suite in the business, the denoiser in particular is excellent

https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=6982

Creativemind

09 Apr 2021

Was is Elements exactly. I have Neutron Elements, does it mean like a lite version?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
09 Apr 2021
Was is Elements exactly. I have Neutron Elements, does it mean like a lite version?
Yeah Lite. And if you don’t have any rush then wait it out as you’ll probably get it free on PB sometime. I’ve collected the whole Elements Suite that way.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

09 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
09 Apr 2021
Creativemind wrote:
09 Apr 2021
Yeah Lite. And if you don’t have any rush then wait it out as you’ll probably get it free on PB sometime. I’ve collected the whole Elements Suite that way.
Wait it out for RX8 free, is this with the Elements version already though?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
09 Apr 2021
MrFigg wrote:
09 Apr 2021

You have Neutron Elements already. Wait for RX Elements to be free on PB and save your money. They are different plugins.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

09 Apr 2021

RX Standard and Advanced are also on sale. Both are really worth having. I used standard for years. I upgraded to the iZotope everything bundle a few months ago using a loyalty discount, so I have RX Advanced now.

integerpoet

09 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
09 Apr 2021
Creativemind wrote:
09 Apr 2021
I got the entire Elements suite direct from Izotope in a "holiday bundle" late last year and I vaguely remember it was the same price as this one plug-in.

I'm sure it's a promotional marketing exercise to get me to trust them and buy something more expensive later and I confess it's working, slowly but surely.

(Another enticing exercise would be to re-commit to rack extensions because I try to avoid using non-RE plug-ins within Reason.)

integerpoet

09 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
09 Apr 2021
Creativemind wrote:
09 Apr 2021
You have Neutron Elements already. Wait for RX Elements to be free on PB and save your money. They are different plugins.
The thing about RX is that it's less a creative luxury but more a utility you need in a very concrete way for a project that's right in front of you right now. Or at least that's how it went down for me. Hoo boy the crud in that batch of recordings was… Like, how did the singers not notice? And why was it extra-bad this time? I didn't have time to dilly-dally and RX really saved that project. I might well have used every available feature at one point or another.

guitfnky

09 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
09 Apr 2021
MrFigg wrote:
09 Apr 2021

The thing about RX is that it's less a creative luxury but more a utility you need in a very concrete way for a project that's right in front of you right now. Or at least that's how it went down for me. Hoo boy the crud in that batch of recordings was… Like, how did the singers not notice? And why was it extra-bad this time? I didn't have time to dilly-dally and RX really saved that project. I might well have used every available feature at one point or another.
couldn’t agree more. RX isn’t the type of plugin you really don’t want to have to buy—it’s there to fix problems which are usually pretty easily avoidable. and most of us probably don’t relish the idea of putting a mix on the shelf while we wait for a sale.

I have just such a mix with just such a problem. spent days researching what alternatives I could find so I didn’t have to pay $100+ for a one-time-use plugin that I needed to fix less than a second of audio in total. ended up demoing an Acon plugin, which works really well, but again, $100. luckily I did have the luxury of waiting a bit, since I’m mixing an album, and there’s planets of other stuff to do in the meantime. but of course I eventually decided I wanted to move forward, and ended up Frankensteining the vocal take together after bouncing the demo version of that plugin (I won’t apologize), to take care of the demo dropouts it adds.

I did that in the morning. the evening of that same day is when I saw this deal. 😆 serves me right for using a workaround.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information