No
81%

Total votes: 81
Majestik Monkey

05 May 2021

Fuk No , when i already have it in the Vsti Studio :puf_bigsmile:

raymondh

05 May 2021

I don't think it would take a lot to make Thor a whole new value proposition.

The UI design is still really good - simple, intuitive, immediate. The Matrix can be ignored until it's needed.

For me, the priorities would be;
1. Vintage filter models, with the character and imperfections that come with that (like Antidote, Dune, Diva, Pigments)
2. Oscillator drift (simple like on Antidote).

Both of these just to make the sound a bit less sterile, more alive.

If Reason Studios also implemented those two features to Subtractor and Malstrom, wow! And if they did just the filter upgrade to NN-XT, even better!

Can think of plenty of other nice to haves but then it starts to become a whole new synth! But if I was asked, the next would be per-voice panning, condition, filter offset :)

avasopht
Competition Winner

05 May 2021

As a VST it loses out on inter-device modulation.

Unless it was packaged with a few key Reason devices or Rack Extensions, it wouldn't be half as appealing as a VST.

As an RE, however, I think it would be attractive.

DaveyG

06 May 2021

avasopht wrote:
05 May 2021
That might be quite hard to sell given that Thor is already included in Reason, Reason Suite and Reason Intro. Your only target audience would be users of Reason Lite.

avasopht
Competition Winner

06 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
06 May 2021
avasopht wrote:
05 May 2021
That might be quite hard to sell given that Thor is already included in Reason, Reason Suite and Reason Intro. Your only target audience would be users of Reason Lite.
Of course. That was only for the case that Thor was a new device and wasn't included, so it's being judged purely on its own appeal.

SebAudio

06 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
06 May 2021
avasopht wrote:
05 May 2021
Or for users of the (soon to be release when v12 launch) free « (almost) empty » RRP :mrgreen:

• Information