Drip

Discuss VST stuff here!
K_R33Z3
Posts: 21
Joined: 01 Oct 2018

Post 01 Apr 2021

I downloaded Drip VST last night after seeing all the you tube videos.. and I tested it out. 2 clicks later... :shock:

K_R33Z3
Posts: 21
Joined: 01 Oct 2018

Post 01 Apr 2021

I downloaded Algoritm and Sequences last night around 10:00pm before the sale was done. Started making a beat then I remembered around 11:45 I wanted to try Sub Colours. I downloaded it and immediately found it to enhance my 808 in a great way. Went from sounding "plain" to having a lot of "body". I got it at 11:55pm... then a few minutes later I remembered I been wanting to try Drip VST because I saw all the videos on You tube.... 2 CLICKS LATER (SPONGE BOB VOICE) I WAS :shock:

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1418
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 01 Apr 2021

April fools!!! :lol:
R11 Suite

My music made in Reason : https://audius.co/jeff40529158

User avatar
Noise
Posts: 312
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Lisbon

Post 01 Apr 2021

How to save 47 bucks:


K_R33Z3
Posts: 21
Joined: 01 Oct 2018

Post 01 Apr 2021

I understand there are different ways to get the "drip" sound. All I'm saying is when you are "in the zone" on a beat, sometimes you will get distracted by adding a bunch of effects to one particular sound (can take 30 minutes off your time or more). I look at Drip as a way to spice up a simple melody to be enough to inspire other more deeper patches, sounds. The $47 didn't bother me as much because I do this for life. I spend more than that on one meal in downtown Atlanta on a date. At least Drip will be there with me the next day :cool:

User avatar
Noise
Posts: 312
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Lisbon

Post 01 Apr 2021

K_R33Z3 wrote:
01 Apr 2021
.. I look at Drip as a way to spice up a simple melody to be enough to inspire other more deeper patches, sounds. The $47 didn't bother me as much because I do this for life...
ahah :D ok, I see your point, I just have this thing to over-evaluate and justify purchases ( and I love spending all right). I have so much stuff piled up, with some tweaking, a good combinator with some re/vst, I can have a in-house-sauce-drip-thingy. Thanks for sharing, of course!

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3243
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 01 Apr 2021

honestly, you could probably get similar results just as easily with one, or maybe two ARTs—for free.

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 1904
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 01 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
01 Apr 2021
K_R33Z3 wrote:
01 Apr 2021
.. I look at Drip as a way to spice up a simple melody to be enough to inspire other more deeper patches, sounds. The $47 didn't bother me as much because I do this for life...
ahah :D ok, I see your point, I just have this thing to over-evaluate and justify purchases ( and I love spending all right). I have so much stuff piled up, with some tweaking, a good combinator with some re/vst, I can have a in-house-sauce-drip-thingy. Thanks for sharing, of course!
How about all-buns for your signature?
Perpetual license holder

User avatar
Noise
Posts: 312
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Lisbon

Post 01 Apr 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
01 Apr 2021
How about all-buns for your signature?
lol. Not buns anymore, it's fixed now :D

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 1904
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 01 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
01 Apr 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
01 Apr 2021
How about all-buns for your signature?
lol. Not buns anymore, it's fixed now :D
😂
Perpetual license holder

K_R33Z3
Posts: 21
Joined: 01 Oct 2018

Post 02 Apr 2021

guitfnky wrote:
01 Apr 2021
honestly, you could probably get similar results just as easily with one, or maybe two ARTs—for free.
ARTs? Im not sure what that is do you have a link? Your not talking about the company that makes music equipment right.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1985
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 02 Apr 2021

K_R33Z3 wrote:
02 Apr 2021

ARTs? Im not sure what that is do you have a link? Your not talking about the company that makes music equipment right.
IMG_2577.JPG
Audiomatic Retro Transformer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

K_R33Z3
Posts: 21
Joined: 01 Oct 2018

Post 02 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
01 Apr 2021
K_R33Z3 wrote:
01 Apr 2021
.. I look at Drip as a way to spice up a simple melody to be enough to inspire other more deeper patches, sounds. The $47 didn't bother me as much because I do this for life...
ahah :D ok, I see your point, I just have this thing to over-evaluate and justify purchases ( and I love spending all right). I have so much stuff piled up, with some tweaking, a good combinator with some re/vst, I can have a in-house-sauce-drip-thingy. Thanks for sharing, of course!

Yeah I definitely don't condone "one click fix all" software's. There is a lot of "algorithm" mixing and mastering stuff I know is BS... And I love getting deep with combinators and effects. I just know sometimes the re wiring and tweaking takes a few minutes off the groove. So I just tried Drip to be a "starter" or "filler" effect. And honestly this post was supposed to be more about the RE's I purchased but the moderator moved the whole convo to VST's. SUB COULOURS is nice. Sequences was always on my list. Algoritm was a must by I am scared to upgrade reason and lose my RE's. I have version 10 now.

K_R33Z3
Posts: 21
Joined: 01 Oct 2018

Post 02 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Apr 2021
K_R33Z3 wrote:
02 Apr 2021

ARTs? Im not sure what that is do you have a link? Your not talking about the company that makes music equipment right.
IMG_2577.JPG


Thanks! I do use that sometimes. It doesn't really do the moving filter effect but it does kinda change the "texture". And it's not that customizable. But I do use ART sometimes for like a vinyl sound.
Audiomatic Retro Transformer

User avatar
integerpoet
Posts: 115
Joined: 30 Dec 2020
Location: East Bay, California

Post 02 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
01 Apr 2021
(a YouTube link)
Drip aside, this video made me LOL more than once. Dude is funny.

Also this video gives me a marketing idea: a plugin which has no DSP code of its own and just fronts for combinations of stock effects.

Sort of like a Combinator whose innards you can't examine so it can pretend it's something deeper.

I'll be rich!

User avatar
integerpoet
Posts: 115
Joined: 30 Dec 2020
Location: East Bay, California

Post 05 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
02 Apr 2021
This … gives me a marketing idea: a plugin which has no DSP code of its own and just fronts for combinations of stock effects. Sort of like a Combinator whose innards you can't examine so it can pretend it's something deeper.
Even better: Make tiny random tweaks to each copy sold and market the crap out of the uniqueness. "Our proprietary analog techniques make your sound truly yours alone!" To amplify the irony, I'd give each one an NFT. I bet I could find a single customer who'd buy more than one.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest