PluginAlliance SALE

Discuss VST stuff here!
User avatar
arqui
Posts: 374
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 30 Mar 2021

As it happens repeatedly in the year, a discount sale has started ... there are no codes, and no gifts ...

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

User avatar
tallguy
Posts: 234
Joined: 11 Jan 2018

Post 30 Mar 2021

TBH, the only PA sale worth looking at is when they reduce prices to $29. Almost every one of their plugins has been available for $29 at a previous sale and will available for that price somewhere in the future.

User avatar
tallguy
Posts: 234
Joined: 11 Jan 2018

Post 31 Mar 2021

...and just like that, they released a "surprise" voucher code for $20, no minimum spend, meaning there's a few freebies to be had.

voucher, available until april 3:
MEGA-SALE-20OFF

client6
Posts: 34
Joined: 10 Jun 2020

Post 31 Mar 2021

Thanks for the heads up. I got Thorn 1.2 for $20, which I have been playing with the free Beat and CM versions for a while.

User avatar
arqui
Posts: 374
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 31 Mar 2021

:thumbup:
tallguy wrote:
31 Mar 2021
...and just like that, they released a "surprise" voucher code for $20, no minimum spend, meaning there's a few freebies to be had.

voucher, available until april 3:
MEGA-SALE-20OFF
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

User avatar
fieldframe
Posts: 933
Joined: 19 Apr 2016

Post 31 Mar 2021

How does this company make any money?

Oh well, another free Unfiltered Audio plugin to add to my collection. Maybe I'll get Byome next time it's $30 minus a $20 voucher.
The Iron Law of Reason forums: All topics eventually turn into feature request threads; the only difference is how many posts it takes.

Looking for UI design? DM me for a portfolio.

User avatar
integerpoet
Posts: 102
Joined: 30 Dec 2020
Location: East Bay, California

Post 31 Mar 2021

It seems as yet there's no Apple Silicon support, and I can't find an estimate for when it might arrive. I known Reason doesn't yet have an Apple Silicon build either, but it's still difficult to get my head around spending money on Intel software.

It doesn't help, I suppose, that if I were to buy some of these I'd probably be thinking about using them with Logic or Ozone RX because for me one of the wins of Reason is the stability of rack extensions.

But oh, look. Maybe this is perfect for my RX flow.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _plus.html

I am not overwhelmed by this particular demo, but with the discount code…

Yeah; it was totally worth a try. More effective than the demo suggests, at least on the fake reverb I just threw at it.

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1483
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 01 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
31 Mar 2021
Maybe this is perfect for my RX flow.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _plus.html

I am not overwhelmed by this particular demo, but with the discount code…

Yeah; it was totally worth a try. More effective than the demo suggests, at least on the fake reverb I just threw at it.
I really like this plugin, use it all the time to get rid of unwanted room boom. Simple, subtle but effective. Sometimes does a better job than the swanky iZotope RX DeReverb

Picked up bx_boom this time (for free with the discount), it's a very nifty little kick enhancer. Again, holds its own up against much more expensive plugins

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6246
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 01 Apr 2021

As per usual the code will probably be reset a couple of times. Standard.
丰2ॐ

michael.jaye
Posts: 193
Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post 01 Apr 2021

Bought Unfiltered Audio's Indent 2 and Fault.

I’m thinking of getting Metric A/B. Anyone used this?

User avatar
arqui
Posts: 374
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 01 Apr 2021

michael.jaye wrote:
01 Apr 2021
Bought Unfiltered Audio's Indent 2 and Fault.

I’m thinking of getting Metric A/B. Anyone used this?
ADPTR Metric A / B is a fantastic tool, and I love it. I always use it at the end of the mastering chain, you can make any kind of comparison with the chosen tracks, I use it a lot when mastering a song. Never forget to make a loudness match before comparing !!!
The price of $ 20 with the discount is excellent, I am waiting for the Streamliner version to come into some discount, for being an A / B holder it costs $ 99, still a lot for me.
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

User avatar
Mistro17
Posts: 195
Joined: 04 Jul 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Post 01 Apr 2021

If I use the code now and get 2 plugins will I be able to use the next reset to get something else? So far I only got virtual instruments in past sales. I'm looking at Wedge Force Macha but not sure if it's worth getting if I'm not doing metal music. So now I'm looking at utilities fx etc. but not sure what to get first. Also does anyone here use any of the 3D mixers?

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6246
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 01 Apr 2021

Mistro17 wrote:
01 Apr 2021
If I use the code now and get 2 plugins will I be able to use the next reset to get something else? So far I only got virtual instruments in past sales. I'm looking at Wedge Force Macha but not sure if it's worth getting if I'm not doing metal music. So now I'm looking at utilities fx etc. but not sure what to get first. Also does anyone here use any of the 3D mixers?
You can buy whatever you want. No minimum spend. Same thing again if they reset the code.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
integerpoet
Posts: 102
Joined: 30 Dec 2020
Location: East Bay, California

Post 01 Apr 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
01 Apr 2021
integerpoet wrote:
31 Mar 2021
Maybe this is perfect for my RX flow.
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _plus.html
I am not overwhelmed by this particular demo, but with the discount code…
Yeah; it was totally worth a try. More effective than the demo suggests, at least on the fake reverb I just threw at it.
I really like this plugin, use it all the time to get rid of unwanted room boom. Simple, subtle but effective. Sometimes does a better job than the swanky iZotope RX DeReverb
I have the cut-down edition of RX which came in an Ozone "holiday bundle", and said edition doesn't have reverb removal at all. It does have ① a bunch of other useful stuff and ② support for plug-ins like this one. It's interesting you say this plug-in sometimes does a better job than the facility in the full edition of RX. I had figured I could live without reverb removal altogether. For the projects in question, I add a lot of reverb anyway, so it all comes out in the wash (ha ha). But lately that has been less and less true, so this plug-in has arrived on my scene with gratifying timing.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3240
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 01 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
01 Apr 2021
dvdrtldg wrote:
01 Apr 2021

I really like this plugin, use it all the time to get rid of unwanted room boom. Simple, subtle but effective. Sometimes does a better job than the swanky iZotope RX DeReverb
I have the cut-down edition of RX which came in an Ozone "holiday bundle", and said edition doesn't have reverb removal at all. It does have ① a bunch of other useful stuff and ② support for plug-ins like this one. It's interesting you say this plug-in sometimes does a better job than the facility in the full edition of RX. I had figured I could live without reverb removal altogether. For the projects in question, I add a lot of reverb anyway, so it all comes out in the wash (ha ha). But lately that has been less and less true, so this plug-in has arrived on my scene with gratifying timing.
does the cut-down edition include de-click/de-pop functionality?

I had to do a vocal session a couple of months ago right in the middle of dealing with hardware issues—caused pops and glitches during an otherwise excellent take (of course). I managed to find some tools that will work for me (Acon), but would rather not have to spend $100 for essentially what would be a single-use plugin. a one month subscription to get the izotope stuff might do the trick for me, but I was having trouble finding out what was actually included.

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1483
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 01 Apr 2021

guitfnky wrote:
01 Apr 2021
integerpoet wrote:
01 Apr 2021

I have the cut-down edition of RX which came in an Ozone "holiday bundle", and said edition doesn't have reverb removal at all. It does have ① a bunch of other useful stuff and ② support for plug-ins like this one. It's interesting you say this plug-in sometimes does a better job than the facility in the full edition of RX. I had figured I could live without reverb removal altogether. For the projects in question, I add a lot of reverb anyway, so it all comes out in the wash (ha ha). But lately that has been less and less true, so this plug-in has arrived on my scene with gratifying timing.
does the cut-down edition include de-click/de-pop functionality?
RX Elements you mean? it has a de-clicker, but not a de-popper

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3240
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 01 Apr 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
01 Apr 2021
guitfnky wrote:
01 Apr 2021


does the cut-down edition include de-click/de-pop functionality?
RX Elements you mean? it has a de-clicker, but not a de-popper
so, helps clean up digital glitching? shouldn’t have said pops—I at least had the forethought to use a pop filter. 😅

User avatar
tronam
Posts: 390
Joined: 04 Mar 2015

Post 01 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
31 Mar 2021
It seems as yet there's no Apple Silicon support, and I can't find an estimate for when it might arrive. I known Reason doesn't yet have an Apple Silicon build either, but it's still difficult to get my head around spending money on Intel software.
It shouldn't take too long. Considering the release cadence of Brainworx plugins in the past, I suspect they use a common framework for the majority of them and once that's updated they'll probably be released in a few large batches of updates. Overall M1 native progress so far has been pretty good aside from iLok still holding up all plugins that depend on it (they vaguely say native support will be coming in 2021). It's still effects heavy right now, but the instruments are gradually getting updated too, including a new recent wave of U-he betas. If you haven't seen it yet, there's a really thorough native update list maintained daily on KvR sorted by type, vendor, plugin and version number: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 6&t=556728

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6246
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 03 Apr 2021

Reset 3/4
丰2ॐ

DaveyG
Posts: 750
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 03 Apr 2021

If it's anything like previous years you can use the voucher over and over so you can basically get all of their under $20 plugins for free if you can be bothered to put them through checkout one at a time. I seem to recall they had some OK pedal emulations at that price.

User avatar
tallguy
Posts: 234
Joined: 11 Jan 2018

Post 03 Apr 2021

At this point I'm just adding things to my account that I don't even bother downloading anymore. It's like an old fashioned video game where you collect all the gems for the sake of it.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6246
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 03 Apr 2021

DaveyG wrote:
03 Apr 2021
If it's anything like previous years you can use the voucher over and over so you can basically get all of their under $20 plugins for free if you can be bothered to put them through checkout one at a time. I seem to recall they had some OK pedal emulations at that price.
The blue chorus is good.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
arqui
Posts: 374
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 03 Apr 2021

New Reset!!!! the last?
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 1899
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 03 Apr 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
01 Apr 2021
integerpoet wrote:
31 Mar 2021
Maybe this is perfect for my RX flow.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _plus.html

I am not overwhelmed by this particular demo, but with the discount code…

Yeah; it was totally worth a try. More effective than the demo suggests, at least on the fake reverb I just threw at it.
I really like this plugin, use it all the time to get rid of unwanted room boom. Simple, subtle but effective. Sometimes does a better job than the swanky iZotope RX DeReverb

Picked up bx_boom this time (for free with the discount), it's a very nifty little kick enhancer. Again, holds its own up against much more expensive plugins
You mean the de reverb in the standard version. I'm on advanced and the dialogue de reverb is fantastic.
Perpetual license holder

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1483
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 04 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2021
DaveyG wrote:
03 Apr 2021
If it's anything like previous years you can use the voucher over and over so you can basically get all of their under $20 plugins for free if you can be bothered to put them through checkout one at a time. I seem to recall they had some OK pedal emulations at that price.
The blue chorus is good.
It is. So is the little opto compressor pedal

I've picked up most of those $9 PA plugins now, and every single one of them is very nice indeed, especially the Lindell Audio series

Amazing what you can get for free these days. I'm thinking of doing my next release with nothing but free plugins, just for the fuck of it

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests