arqui

23 Mar 2021

Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Marc64

23 Mar 2021

only vst3 :/

guitfnky

23 Mar 2021

thanks for this—could come in handy. never heard of these guys before—curious how their plate reverb sounds. might need to check that out.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Billy+

23 Mar 2021

This won't work in any version of Reason.

Available as VST3/AU & AAX Plug-Ins (64-bit only) for Windows & macOS

guitfnky

23 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
23 Mar 2021

but it will work alongside Reason if you’re using it in Ableton. or any other DAW. 😉

Billy+

23 Mar 2021

guitfnky wrote:
23 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
23 Mar 2021

but it will work alongside Reason if you’re using it in Ableton. or any other DAW. 😉
Yes I'm fairly certain that any of the other DAW's will run vst3.

How are you finding Ableton - what version did you go with in the end....

guitfnky

23 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
23 Mar 2021
guitfnky wrote:
23 Mar 2021

Yes I'm fairly certain that any of the other DAW's will run vst3.

How are you finding Ableton - what version did you go with in the end....
absolutely love it. it only took like a week of playing around to feel somewhat proficient, and I’ve already migrated a couple of songs from my band’s project to take advantage of the new workflow. it’s a real time-saver for live band recordings (the only thing I miss so far is native vocal pitch editing).

I ended up going with Live 11 Standard. Reason Suite has enough devices for me to not feel like I need to get Live Suite just yet. the main reason I’d want to is Max for Live. I could just buy it separately, but with all the other stuff included in Suite, I figure I should just save up and spend the extra hundred-ish to get the full experience.

Billy+

23 Mar 2021

guitfnky wrote:
23 Mar 2021
absolutely love it. it only took like a week of playing around to feel somewhat proficient, and I’ve already migrated a couple of songs from my band’s project to take advantage of the new workflow. it’s a real time-saver for live band recordings (the only thing I miss so far is native vocal pitch editing).

I ended up going with Live 11 Standard. Reason Suite has enough devices for me to not feel like I need to get Live Suite just yet. the main reason I’d want to is Max for Live. I could just buy it separately, but with all the other stuff included in Suite, I figure I should just save up and spend the extra hundred-ish to get the full experience.
Sounds like it's worth the time then, I nearly spent my Algorithm & Upgrade money last week on a copy but I could really do with a version 10 for my Mac but my brother stopped me and gave me a lite licence for free so I could try it first just to see if it fits.

He thinks I won't like live standard and would be better off with suite as I never have liked it lol but when I explained RRP would let me run my favourite RE's he said he would come round when lockdown is done and show me around it...

guitfnky

23 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
23 Mar 2021
guitfnky wrote:
23 Mar 2021

Sounds like it's worth the time then, I nearly spent my Algorithm & Upgrade money last week on a copy but I could really do with a version 10 for my Mac but my brother stopped me and gave me a lite licence for free so I could try it first just to see if it fits.

He thinks I won't like live standard and would be better off with suite as I never have liked it lol but when I explained RRP would let me run my favourite RE's he said he would come round when lockdown is done and show me around it...
yeah, Ableton is a weird one...I think impressions are really super dependent on what you’re introducing yourself to first. I tried it 2 or 3 times before (got a lite or intro license with some hardware), and every time I fired it up, I didn’t see what was appealing about it. turns out I shouldn’t have been starting out trying to learn the Session view—when I took a hard look at the Arrangement view this last time, everything clicked. might be the opposite for others.

good luck with it—hope you enjoy!

arqui

24 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
23 Mar 2021

It is already known that everything new that comes out will be VST3 ... but Work fine into KV ElementFx!!! and Patchworks.

if you put it to complain that Reason does not support VST3 I understand it, but there is always another way ... ;)

Billy+

24 Mar 2021

Less of a complaint than information - however is there any noticeable delay using any of those bridge devices?

arqui

24 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
24 Mar 2021
Less of a complaint than information - however is there any noticeable delay using any of those bridge devices?
I have not noticed any lag, I have used it when the Neutron sidechain was not working, for compression and dynamic eq no latency ...
regards

• Information