8voice.jpg (382.29 KiB) Viewed 3793 times

VariableX

15 Mar 2021

bpmorton wrote:
15 Mar 2021
just out today.

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/e ... ynthesizer
8voice.jpg
Yes i have a couple if cherry audio vsts and i like them.
Its interesting that Cherry Audio can price there synths at $29 but Reason Studios are $99.
Lets face it, if i have some GAS, and being experienced with GAS and knowing how much im probably going to end up not using a new synth, $29 is a lot more palatable than $99. Probably why i own 2 cherry vst audio synths now and haven't bought a RS synth since Umpf. Reason take note?

fieldframe
RE Developer

15 Mar 2021

I wonder how this stacks up to GForce's version that came out last month... at six times the price.

joeyluck

16 Mar 2021

VariableX wrote:
15 Mar 2021
bpmorton wrote:
15 Mar 2021
just out today.

8voice.jpg
Its interesting that Cherry Audio can price there synths at $29 but Reason Studios are $99.
Lets face it, if i have some GAS, and being experienced with GAS and knowing how much im probably going to end up not using a new synth, $29 is a lot more palatable than $99. Probably why i own 2 cherry vst audio synths now and haven't bought a RS synth since Umpf. Reason take note?
I think the RS REs are very reasonably priced compared to what is out there. I think if they sell them that cheap, they undercut third party REs and make it harder on third party devs to compete...and also harder to justify what should be reasonable $99 price tags.

bpmorton

16 Mar 2021

fieldframe wrote:
15 Mar 2021
I wonder how this stacks up to GForce's version that came out last month... at six times the price.
I used to own a Polymoog back in the 80's. Their Polymode synth definitely has "that sound," so I could not pass it up.

Loque

16 Mar 2021

A punch in GForce' face 😂
I like that.
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

16 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Mar 2021
VariableX wrote:
15 Mar 2021

I think the RS REs are very reasonably priced compared to what is out there. I think if they sell them that cheap, they undercut third party REs and make it harder on third party devs to compete...and also harder to justify what should be reasonable $99 price tags.
thats good for you, I guess you have bought a few RS synths in the last few years then?

I personally think RS synths are vastly over priced, compared to the competition for what you get, also compared to 3rd party RE.

3rd party RE are mostly fairer priced and get updated. For example look are Sequences and say psq1684.
Then look at RS RE and there update freq.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2021

VariableX wrote:
16 Mar 2021
joeyluck wrote:
16 Mar 2021

thats good for you, I guess you have bought a few RS synths in the last few years then?

I personally think RS synths are vastly over priced, compared to the competition for what you get, also compared to 3rd party RE.

3rd party RE are mostly fairer priced and get updated. For example look are Sequences and say psq1684.
RS synths certainly may seem reasonably priced to those who got a free license for beta-ing them. Just saying.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

16 Mar 2021

VariableX wrote:
16 Mar 2021
joeyluck wrote:
16 Mar 2021

Some third party RE devs have complained with having to compete with RS as it is. Now imagine if those RS synths were cheaper. Not only does it make it harder to compete with, it also makes it difficult for third parties to justify such price tags for their own hard work. No Algoritm doesn't cost $200 like Zebra2 or OB-E, I feel it sits in the right spot at $99, all things considered IMO.

VariableX

16 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Mar 2021
VariableX wrote:
16 Mar 2021

Some third party RE devs have complained with having to compete with RS as it is. Now imagine if those RS synths were cheaper. Not only does it make it harder to compete with, it also makes it difficult for third parties to justify such price tags for their own hard work. No Algoritm doesn't cost $200 like Zebra2 or OB-E, I feel it sits in the right spot at $99, all things considered IMO.
and thats fair enough, your opinion, my opinion, all things considered i think its over priced and should be $29.

as a RE developer, would you rather sell 1000 Algoritm at $99 or 10000 Algoritm at $29?

Heater

16 Mar 2021

Given that you can’t resell REs then yeah, they are expensive.

Mataya

16 Mar 2021

Heater wrote:
16 Mar 2021
Given that you can’t resell REs then yeah, they are expensive.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

miscend

16 Mar 2021

VariableX wrote:
15 Mar 2021
bpmorton wrote:
15 Mar 2021
just out today.

8voice.jpg
There's definitely a market for these cheaper offerings from Cherry Audio but definitely don't expect something in the same league as offerings from Gforce. There's a dude on another forum who enjoys picking apart these Cherry Audio Synths and putting them through plugin analysers etc etc. They're never meticulous emulations of the hardware synths and they may reuse a lot of the same code just slightly tweaked. If he's right it means they definitely cut corners in order to release synths so quickly and cheaply.

eusti

16 Mar 2021

miscend wrote:
16 Mar 2021

There's a dude on another forum who enjoys picking apart these Cherry Audio Synths and putting them through plugin analysers etc etc.
Could you provide a link, please. I’d be curious to read this.

D.

Jackjackdaw

16 Mar 2021

RS synths are too expensive imo. I would be way more locked in to Reason if they were half the price, but I ended up buying other stuff instead. Now when something like Algoritm comes out I'm like, why would I drop £99 on that when I already have DX7 V?

hurricane
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2021

miscend wrote:
16 Mar 2021

There's definitely a market for these cheaper offerings from Cherry Audio but definitely don't expect something in the same league as offerings from Gforce. There's a dude on another forum who enjoys picking apart these Cherry Audio Synths and putting them through plugin analysers etc etc. They're never meticulous emulations of the hardware synths and they may reuse a lot of the same code just slightly tweaked. If he's right it means they definitely cut corners in order to release synths so quickly and cheaply.
They sound fine to me, and Cherry Audio's synths definitely have their own specific flavor, but I guess I don't care if they're exact emulations. I blind tested OB-E and Eight Voice with a similar patch and I had a hard time picking out which was which. And regarding the re-use of code - I mean Ekssperimental "We make REs quicker than anyone else" Sounds do that too, but would you also say they're cutting corners? I think Cherry Audio have their own "Gorilla Engine", so it allows them to put these things together quickly.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2021

Hmm. I said no more synths. I said it. I know. But this one...hmmmm.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

16 Mar 2021

MrFigg wrote:
16 Mar 2021
haha do it MrFigg 😀 this is my point, at $29 its hard to fight that GAS at $99 its easy.
Im probably maybe going to get the new Cherry Audio synth, i know for a fact I am not getting any synth at $99 from any manufacturer!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2021

VariableX wrote:
16 Mar 2021
MrFigg wrote:
16 Mar 2021
haha do it MrFigg 😀 this is my point, at $29 its hard to fight that GAS at $99 its easy.
Im probably maybe going to get the new Cherry Audio synth, i know for a fact I am not getting any synth at $99 from any manufacturer!
Maaaan. We’re supposed to be helping each other get through the GAS. Good job I’ve already spoken to my sponsor. One day at a time.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zoidkirb

16 Mar 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
16 Mar 2021
RS synths are too expensive imo. I would be way more locked in to Reason if they were half the price, but I ended up buying other stuff instead. Now when something like Algoritm comes out I'm like, why would I drop £99 on that when I already have DX7 V?
I have to agree. From RS I've only bought Complex-1 at 50% off and Parsec 2 in a Synth Rig. At $99 you're getting into the territory where developers improve their synths with point updates over the years and we all know that's not how RS roll.

The 8 voice does sound nice but I'll stick to Bx_Oberhausen for pure audio quality, and a little extra jiggering about in the Rack to make it polyphonic.
I still can't believe I got it for $15.

Lizard

17 Mar 2021

I have two Cherry Audio Plugins. They sound good as I'm sure this one does. Not sure this is "brave new territory" though where even at $29 I'm getting a steal. There are several other "OB-Like" products out there of which I suspect many users already have. I have the DCO-106 and the one thing (as a Reason User) that is a huge turn off is the lack of REMOTE support. If you like patch making you probably will not enjoy this unless you have a really tight bond with your mouse and virtual controls. Sometimes low price points speak for themselves.

moneykube

17 Mar 2021

MrFigg wrote:
16 Mar 2021
VariableX wrote:
16 Mar 2021

Maaaan. We’re supposed to be helping each other get through the GAS. Good job I’ve already spoken to my sponsor. One day at a time.
stand strong ! :puf_wink:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Despondo
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2021

My SEM family is growing.....

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

19 Mar 2021

Great sounding synth, brought it from the JRRSHOP for ~£17 and then brought the expansion modules from Cherry Audio with 20% off which again worked out to be ~£17, personally I think I got a bargain, love them.

fieldframe
RE Developer

19 Mar 2021

Despondo wrote:
17 Mar 2021
My SEM family is growing.....

That's about 40 voices, by my count! 😛

I only have the Arturia, which I use occasionally for basses, but it's not one of my go-tos. I'm curious what your round-up take is... Most versatile of the bunch? Best sound? Best UI/workflow?

• Information