Satellite Sessions Free Plugin

Discuss VST stuff here!
Billy+

27 Feb 2021

Spotted this today and wondered if anyone is using it or anything similar?

SATELLITE PLUGINS 2.0
https://mixedinkey.com/satellite/

Cross-platform collaboration within Ableton Live, Logic, FL Studio, Pro Tools, and other DAWs including Reason.

Last edited by Billy+ on 27 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Billy+

27 Feb 2021

IMG_2544.JPG
IMG_2544.JPG (187.8 KiB) Viewed 4449 times

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2021

Never tried it but they have emailed today to say I can download it for free. I assume this is because I own their captain plugin software. When I get a moment I will try it.

Edit: now downloading it but by looks of website may be free for all. Worth checking perhaps

Billy+

27 Feb 2021

Popey wrote:
27 Feb 2021
Never tried it but they have emailed today to say I can download it for free. I assume this is because I own their captain plugin software. When I get a moment I will try it.
No, it's free to download for all you probably got a email as your on the malling list as a customer.

Jagwah

28 Feb 2021

I got it from their website and it stated the download is free, not sure if this is some trial mode or something. A friend wants to try it out so will be giving it a whirl shortly.

arqui

28 Feb 2021

I downloaded it, installed it, and I don't even know what it is for !! Hahaha
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Billy+

28 Feb 2021

Jagwah wrote:
28 Feb 2021
I got it from their website and it stated the download is free, not sure if this is some trial mode or something. A friend wants to try it out so will be giving it a whirl shortly.
How did you get on?

Did it work?

What host DAW's are you both using?

Billy+

28 Feb 2021

arqui wrote:
28 Feb 2021
It's used to work with others remotely.

aeox
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2021

arqui

01 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
28 Feb 2021
arqui wrote:
28 Feb 2021
It's used to work with others remotely.
:thumbup:
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Jagwah

07 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
28 Feb 2021
Jagwah wrote:
28 Feb 2021
How did you get on?

Did it work?

I'm on R10 and friend is on R11 and there are apparently bugs that are holding us up, something to do with not allowing us to write text or something I do not understand. If you want I can find out exactly what's up with it and why we didn't end up trying it even though we both had it installed.

By the way I had a few days of their website crashing when trying to register my email address with my VST (you connect via people's email addresses) so that was a bit lame.

Billy+

07 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
07 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
28 Feb 2021

How did you get on?

Did it work?

I'm on R10 and friend is on R11 and there are apparently bugs that are holding us up, something to do with not allowing us to write text or something I do not understand. If you want I can find out exactly what's up with it and why we didn't end up trying it even though we both had it installed.

By the way I had a few days of their website crashing when trying to register my email address with my VST (you connect via people's email addresses) so that was a bit lame.
So it didn't work for you......
That's a shame as it looks quite interesting.

mjxl

07 Mar 2021

aeox wrote:
28 Feb 2021
Check out https://parsec.app/
Oh yes, everyone should.

Michaellos

08 Mar 2021

I have no idea what it's all about, so just one simple question - I work in Reason (version 10, if it matters ), my friend works in Studio One 5. Can we work in one project together using different daws ? Using this Satellite Sessions Free Plugin ?

Billy+

08 Mar 2021

Have you watched the getting started video?

I haven't used the vst but the general idea is that multiple people using any DAW can record to the plugin and distribute it via the internet to session members.

Michaellos

08 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
08 Mar 2021
Have you watched the getting started video?

I haven't used the vst but the general idea is that multiple people using any DAW can record to the plugin and distribute it via the internet to session members.
No, I didn't . Well, possibly this is something we are looking for

dan_g

05 Jul 2021

Jagwah wrote:
07 Mar 2021

hey jagwah!

did you have any luck with the Tool? i just installed and now being stopped by the same problem were i can't write anything in the Sattelite Sessions Instrument VST Gui.

damn this sounded so good. but i should have been skeptical not seeing a guide for Reason use in the first place :/
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

guitfnky

05 Jul 2021

dan_g wrote:
05 Jul 2021
Jagwah wrote:
07 Mar 2021

hey jagwah!

did you have any luck with the Tool? i just installed and now being stopped by the same problem were i can't write anything in the Sattelite Sessions Instrument VST Gui.

damn this sounded so good. but i should have been skeptical not seeing a guide for Reason use in the first place :/
funny, I just posted about this in another thread. there are workarounds, if you still want to use it.

viewtopic.php?p=562118#p562118
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

dan_g

05 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
05 Jul 2021

funny, I just posted about this in another thread. there are workarounds, if you still want to use it.

yeah i was coming from this thread searching for answers. i somehowe completly overlooked youre guide. Thank You for the headsup i will try it still.

edit: can you give a link to your video?
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

dan_g

05 Jul 2021

so i tried to give this a go with reaper, as it allows keyboard input but i Can't create a new Session. filled in name, key, and description but its greyed out.

guitfnky

05 Jul 2021

dan_g wrote:
05 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
05 Jul 2021

yeah i was coming from this thread searching for answers. i somehowe completly overlooked youre guide. Thank You for the headsup i will try it still.

edit: can you give a link to your video?
of course--here you go:

dan_g

05 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
05 Jul 2021

of course--here you go:
thanks for the video. gread input.

the only thing i'm really worried about now. i'm logged in and i can see the three options "Create new session", "join session" and "session dashboard". i can't seem to create a new Session. not in reason with pasting text, nor in reaper were input is possilbe. do i miss some step?

guitfnky

05 Jul 2021

dan_g wrote:
05 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
05 Jul 2021

of course--here you go:
thanks for the video. gread input.

the only thing i'm really worried about now. i'm logged in and i can see the three options "Create new session", "join session" and "session dashboard". i can't seem to create a new Session. not in reason with pasting text, nor in reaper were input is possilbe. do i miss some step?
hard to say without seeing what’s going on. are you trying to create a session from a Satellite MIDI track? that should be the one you want for starting a new session.

dan_g

05 Jul 2021

i have a "satellite session" vst inserted in my project. i think this is the "brain" behind all. inserting "satellite MIDI" or "Satellite Audio" just tells me that i need to create a "satellite sessions" first.

in that "session" i could create a new session, but it is greyed out

guitfnky

05 Jul 2021

dan_g wrote:
05 Jul 2021
i have a "satellite session" vst inserted in my project. i think this is the "brain" behind all. inserting "satellite MIDI" or "Satellite Audio" just tells me that i need to create a "satellite sessions" first.

in that "session" i could create a new session, but it is greyed out

it looks like you pulled in the Satellite Audio version. do you have the same issue when you pull in the Satellite MIDI version? I think you need to pull it into a new MIDI track (i.e. not over an existing instrument track).

• Information