Cytomic The Glue vs Reason Master Bus Compressor

Discuss VST stuff here!
Skullture

27 Feb 2021

Hi everyone, been a while since I posted here.

Rather two short questions that I want to ask you guys. 1. Does the master bus compressor in Reason count as an SSL Bus compressor (I think so but I'm not sure)? And 2. - is it comparable to The Glue from Cytomic (or even the older DCAM one from the same dev), and if so, which is the best in your opinion?

I'm asking this because I might pull the trigger on buying a copy of The Glue since I kinda like it, but I do like the bus compressor in Reason too. It does give me different (less excaturated results) though than the Cytomic one. I'm keen on your experiences.

splitpen

27 Feb 2021

BusterSE also worth a try! Would definitely recommend it and the best of it... it is free

https://www.patreon.com/posts/busterse-42658623
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2021

Skullture wrote:
27 Feb 2021
Hi everyone, been a while since I posted here.

Rather two short questions that I want to ask you guys. 1. Does the master bus compressor in Reason count as an SSL Bus compressor (I think so but I'm not sure)? And 2. - is it comparable to The Glue from Cytomic (or even the older DCAM one from the same dev), and if so, which is the best in your opinion?

I'm asking this because I might pull the trigger on buying a copy of The Glue since I kinda like it, but I do like the bus compressor in Reason too. It does give me different (less excaturated results) though than the Cytomic one. I'm keen on your experiences.
Hi to answer your question yes reason bus compressor does count as ssl bus compressor. I use reason bus compressor along with glue compressor in ableton and they are quite similar. Have to say my favourite bus compressors are SSL's own version though which was on sale recently with the channel strip for £50.

Kalm

27 Feb 2021

I couldn't tell you if the ballistics are an accurate representation as my SSL Duality experience is not as long as others, BUT the Reason Bus Comp is a solid made compressor. I don't bother using SAND or SSL Native Comp in Reason cause it just isn't necessary.

Also, every SSL Bus Comp I've tried from developers are never EVER similar. So I wouldn't worry about it honestly. Reason's will give you some good punch and snap though.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

miscend

28 Feb 2021

Theres lots of decent SSL bus comps to check out. NI has the Solid Bus Comp. Waves G comp. There's also the FXpansion DCAM bus comp RE. Plugin Alliance currently have a £29.99 sale and also have bunch of them including; BX_Townhouse, VSC-2 and BX_console 4000. SSL's own Native Bus Compressor was recently on sale for 49.99.

selig
RE Developer

28 Feb 2021

Interestingly, Reason's Master Compressor is the only software SSL bus compressor I've used, and I find it perfect for what I'd expect from an SSL style compressor - I also love that I can side-chain filter the key input, which is a part of my startup song/template.
FWIW, I started on the SSL in 1984 and use pretty much the same settings I learned back then, getting the same results in Reason I always got from the hardware (though I've never done, or felt the need to do, a direct side by side comparison).
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information